Fitzpatrick should sign with Jets, already

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Huge respect for Brandon Marshall being a friend to this guy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-brandon-marshall-finally-reconnects-with-ryan-fitzpatrick/

Last week, there were concerns that Ryan Fitzpatrick had spent the offseason in a one-man pie-eating contest. Actually, the man who had a career year with the Jets in 2015 is as fit as ever, but it remains unclear if he and the Jets can come to terms on a new deal anytime soon.

This has been an ongoing worry for Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who said recently that he hadn't been able to get in touch with Fitzpatrick.

"To be honest, me and Fitz talk every day, all the time, but I texted him the last two weeks three times and there's [been] no response," Marshall said last week on the I Am Rapoport podcast, via CBS Sports Local. "It's not like him. It's scaring me right now. It's scaring me that my guy hasn't texted me back."

Good news: The quarterback and wide receiver were reunited on Monday night, when the Fitzpatrick and his two sons met up with Marshall in Chicago.

Fitzpatrick had just finished playing in the American Century Championship golf tournament in South Lake Tahoe, Nevada, though it's unknown if he has plans to rejoin Marshall at Jets training camp anytime soon.

The 33-year-old turned down the Jets' offer of a three-year, $24 million deal that includes more than $10 million in guarantees, and CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora writes that the team should give Fitzpatrick a "take it or leave it" offer with a July 27 deadline. The alternative, of course, isn't pretty; the Jets would have to move forward with Geno Smith, Bryce Smith and Christian Hackenberg.

image.jpeg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Greed X Pride = mutha f____er!
Dude should jump on that deal...or try to get a 1 year deal...I bet the HC says eff him, Geno was the starter anyway last year b4 he got slugged....

Seriously, the real Fitz was on display the last week of the season...Sorta like the QB with Houston last year (didn't they dump Case on use?) Decent, but I don't want him trying to win a game for me in the playoffs...

I still wonder, why'd we EVER get rid on Fitz? Weren't we going thru injury concerns with Bulger when we had him?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I still wonder, why'd we EVER get rid on Fitz? Weren't we going thru injury concerns with Bulger when we had him?

He played 4 games for us and threw 8 picks and fumbled 3 times. He was pretty shit. But it was also his first year. They didn't give him much chance after that.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
It's unbelievable he hasn't taken the money, I mean, like how JackD points out - he sucks!!!!!
One good year

I seriously hope Geno Smith becomes Joe Namath this year and makes this move look even more foolish!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He played 4 games for us and threw 8 picks and fumbled 3 times.
Damn....Tony Banks...Fitz....starting early is a killer to some...and yeah, I liked Banks too..Sorta like Tyra, but that's another story;)....
fitz was scrambling and throwing bombs...8 picks!!!!o_O in 4 games!?!?:mad: 3 lost fumbles,:oops: or just fumbles:unsure:...you know, the devil is in the details....:sneaky:

I thought I saw some promise in that guy....which is why you'll see me fight for some guys that most are ready to move on from....Look out for Brian Quick:hiding:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fitzpatrick was terrible with the Rams. He had one half of incredible football against Houston and the rest was Keith Null/Kyle Boller type bad
its remarkable that Cincinatti even wanted him, but he was awful there too.
Even in Buffalo he wasn't very good until Chan Gailey showed up.
But in reality to answer the question, we "Let Fitz go" after 2006 when Bulger had his best statistical season and had started all 16 games. And the rest is history...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Fitzpatrick was terrible with the Rams:puke:.
Tell me how you really feel DB?!:rolllaugh:Funny thing is, I remember how bad he was, but the more I looked at him, I could tell, we could win with him NOW....I guess, Clemons, Hill, Davis, Foles, and Keenum will do that to ya...

So glad we have Goff....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Jets are offering well under starter money. They need to meet Fitzpatrick half way and come up a little.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tell me how you really feel DB?!:rolllaugh:Funny thing is, I remember how bad he was, but the more I looked at him, I could tell, we could win with him NOW....I guess, Clemons, Hill, Davis, Foles, and Keenum will do that to ya...

So glad we have Goff....
I hear you, and am equally stoked we have Goff

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
That offer is pretty weak.....that is Chase Daniels (high end) back-up money for a guy that will clearly be the starter. He is too old to get Osweiler money and I agree that a contract like Philly gave Bradford is just stupid. I would think more like 3yr 36mil with 20 guaranteed would be about right. That get him 2 solid years of work and and he can start next year while you get a young guy ready (assuming it is not Geno...but if they really belived in Geno there would be NO talks with Fitz). Their offer is a low end 1yr deal (yes it says it 3 years, but the low guarantee money makes it a clear 1 yr offer).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Jets are offering well under starter money. They need to meet Fitzpatrick half way and come up a little.
I heard 12 mill for next season, how is that not fair?
He just finished a 2 year 7 mill (total) contract. How is a 400% pay increase not fair? He'd be signing for league minimum if Geno smith didn't get sucker punched last year

tempests

Hall of Fame
He signed. One year, 12 million.

Rip him all you want but name another Jets QB that threw 31 TD passes in a season.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
He just finished a 2 year 7 mill (total) contract. How is a 400% pay increase not fair? He'd be signing for league minimum if Geno smith didn't get sucker punched last year

He posted that comment long before the 12M for one year deal came out. He was referring to the bullshit 2 year deal they were originally offering.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He posted that comment long before the 12M for one year deal came out. He was referring to the bullcrap 2 year deal they were originally offering.
I posted that before he signed today. He had a 3 year 24 mill deal on the table with a 12 mill salary for 2016 guaranteed and all kinds of bonus tied in year 2/3

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Bradford got 36million for 2 years then Fitz should get something like that. I like Fitz, there's nothing wrong with taking care of his family, he knows he was worth more than 3 years 24 million.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Starters are making 20+. Fits had the Jets playing better O than they had in years. It would only be a two three year deal. If they want him to be their starter they should have offered closer to what he wanted to begin with. They didn't have any other good options. I just think they should have been willing to pay him around 16. They had the cap room. They were just being cheap.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Starters are making 20+. Fits had the Jets playing better O than they had in years. It would only be a two three year deal. If they want him to be their starter they should have offered closer to what he wanted to begin with. They didn't have any other good options. I just think they should have been willing to pay him around 16. They had the cap room. They were just being cheap.
Franchise QB are getting paid 20 mill. Fitz isn't a franchise QB. He's been relatively mediocre (at best) and then last year may have had a fluke year. 12 mill is more than fair for a 34 year old turnover machine who may not have even seen the field last year if the starting QB didn't get sucker punched.
Their were other teams looking for starting QB and they didn't bang his door down either

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am happy. I have two tickets. Steelers and Jaguars, Steelers and Jets. Highest combined score wins 150, and lowest wins 50. It is a random draw but the Steelers were second for most points scored (only 12 on our Rams). With Fitzpatrick the Jets have a better shot at putting up points. The Jaguars have Allen Robinson back too so even the Jags have a chance to put up points.