Fitz released by Titans. Anyone interested as a backup?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He'll probably wane twice as much as Clemens, but yeah. I think that'd be real solid.

I'd still like to draft AJ McCaron if he's there in the later rounds.

Do you think the kid (AJ) could step in if Sam goes down again? Just asking..

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I did mention a stop gap measure above now. :cool: The 7th rounder you speak of to mentor would be a 3rd string QB now. What are you going to do if Sam goes down? If you're confident in Davis then that's cool. I am not that confident.

I see the point you are making here and I am in full support of bringing in Fitzpatrick short term and developing a rookie long term if possible

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
After looking at his career stats, I didnt realize how many picks he threw.

screenshot_282.png
That surprised me a bit. I thought he was way better than that with the ball.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That surprised me a bit. I thought he was way better than that with the ball.
Learned under MM, a gunslinger? I'd still take a flyer on him if the price is right.. Or Ryan Fitzpatrick for $400 Alex. :) Who else is out there? I'm not sure is why I ask. Night folks. The kinghotpepperdaddy.com has to crash. See ya'll tomorrow. Good discussion though.

RamsFan14

Starter
I'll give you my opinion on him, I've followed him since he became the starter in Buffalo because I love him for his character and his gutsy play. We all have to remember something guys, he IS a backup in the league for a reason. There are times where he looks like a legit starter in this league and he impresses some people with his brain and arm... But then those times where he REALLY makes you scratch your head based on his decision making and/or inaccuracy. He can really sling some passes where you'd be left impressed, and then make those throws that make you want to slam your TV to the ground. Basically, he's not consistent as a QB, that's why he's not a starter. He can play the game, but there are times where... He just doesn't have it. AND then there are times where he has it. Consistency is a big problem with him sadly.

His character is a major plus with him. He's a goof ball pretty much, but he takes his job seriously and he wants to win. He'll mess around with the media, he'll work his ass off on the field, and he'll play gutsy on the field. Whenever he gets a chance to block for the RB, he'll take it because he doesn't care about his body (good and bad thing I guess, don't want your QB getting hurt). He'll take big hits in the pocket, he'll scramble and take a big hit if it meant getting a first down. All in all, he's got heart, and that's why I love him.

Quite frankly, this year was the best I've ever seen him play. I can argue two games they lost this year weren't his fault, especially Thursday night game against the Colts. I'm quite shocked Tennessee isn't keeping him to be the backup but that's just me.

He'd make for a great backup on this team imo. He's a great leader and teammate, that's why I enjoy watching him. Perhaps he'll have some good advice for Bradford in some aspects.

RamsFan14

Starter
Chris Berman says it best... RYAN FITZPATRICK!!! I remember this game like it was yesterday... This is an example of him pulling something out of his ass!!!

nighttrain

Legend
I'll give you my opinion on him, I've followed him since he became the starter in Buffalo because I love him for his character and his gutsy play. We all have to remember something guys, he IS a backup in the league for a reason. There are times where he looks like a legit starter in this league and he impresses some people with his brain and arm... But then those times where he REALLY makes you scratch your head based on his decision making and/or inaccuracy. He can really sling some passes where you'd be left impressed, and then make those throws that make you want to slam your TV to the ground. Basically, he's not consistent as a QB, that's why he's not a starter. He can play the game, but there are times where... He just doesn't have it. AND then there are times where he has it. Consistency is a big problem with him sadly.

His character is a major plus with him. He's a goof ball pretty much, but he takes his job seriously and he wants to win. He'll mess around with the media, he'll work his ass off on the field, and he'll play gutsy on the field. Whenever he gets a chance to block for the RB, he'll take it because he doesn't care about his body (good and bad thing I guess, don't want your QB getting hurt). He'll take big hits in the pocket, he'll scramble and take a big hit if it meant getting a first down. All in all, he's got heart, and that's why I love him.

Quite frankly, this year was the best I've ever seen him play. I can argue two games they lost this year weren't his fault, especially Thursday night game against the Colts. I'm quite shocked Tennessee isn't keeping him to be the backup but that's just me.
He'd make for a great backup on this team imo. He's a great leader and teammate, that's why I enjoy watching him. Perhaps he'll have some good advice for Bradford in some aspects.
Fitz as #2 backup and draft a QB THAT can be developed
train

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Fitxharvard would cost more and bring no more than Grossman IMO
Either one would have to go with the same game plan and not try to win the game with their arm like Clemens did,play well inside themselves if called upon, IMO Grossman did just that for Chi.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
All for it. And fitting he would be Bradfords back up.
Think about this, if Linihan hadn't cut him he would have been Bulger's backup or pushed him a little for the starter job. When Bulger broke his leg Fitz would have stepped in. Instead of Boller and Null nightmare he might have won a couple games that year. The Rams wouldn't have been in position to draft Bradford and we would be looking to draft Fitz's replacement this year. Circle of QB life.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If the Rams are going to sign a veteran I believe it will be Shaun Hill. Rams tried to sign him two years ago and he played under current Ram QB Coach Frank Cignetti in college. Now the question looms will they just draft a QB and make him the number 2?

They could especially with Kevin Demoff saying they could go QB very early. IMO Rams will draft a QB in round three, but you would think they would still want another QB too instead of Austin Davis.

PhxRam

If the Rams are going to sign a veteran I believe it will be Shaun Hill. Rams tried to sign him two years ago and he played under current Ram QB Coach Frank Cignetti in college. Now the question looms will they just draft a QB and make him the number 2?

They could especially with Kevin Demoff saying they could go QB very early. IMO Rams will draft a QB in round three, but you would think they would still want another QB too instead of Austin Davis.

I didnt realize he was still in the league.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I wouldn't mind Fitz as a backup as long as a QB is also drafted. Actually, I wouldn't mind Grossman, Hill, Sanchez, etc. as long as a McCarron, Murray, Fales, etc. is drafted also who could be had in the 3rd to 5th round range.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I can tell you were I havent been.. Watching Detroit.
Well, I didn't watch the civil war either, but I do know it happened. All kidding aside, Hill is a quality back-up and IMO would be an upgrade over Clemens, however, IMO the Rams might be looking at the draft for their back-up QB.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well, I didn't watch the civil war either, but I do know it happened. All kidding aside, Hill is a quality back-up and IMO would be an upgrade over Clemens, however, IMO the Rams might be looking at the draft for their back-up QB.
I'd say if they draft one in the first three rounds he's the #2
I'd also say Kellen C. might know more about Sams future than Sam does and that's why he moved on.