Fishers stubberness

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tonyl711

Starter
is Fishers stubberness keeping this team from reaching its potential?
don't get me wrong, I like Fisher but the gameplanning for the first three games has been really bad. the gameplan has put us behind at the half every week now, the second half they come out in an uptempo offense and start scoring. why wait till you have to play catch up before you start using what has been proven to work? IMO the coaching staff are not putting the players in a position to succeed or to realize their potential, the players all say how the like the hurry up and it works, why not use it to get a lead at the beginning of a game once in awhile? the refusal to get away from soft coverage on defense is just as maddening. is Fishers stubberness going to doom this team to mediocrity?

A55VA6

Legend
I think the coaching staff as a whole are doing a bad job. It's frustrating to watch.

V3

Hall of Fame
Stubbornness seems to be a quality in ALL NFL coaches. Remember it took an intervention from the upper management with Vermeil before he changed things.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Even the announcers are piling it on; questioning our offensive and defensive game plans.

This felt like a preseason game. Like the coaches didn't care about getting a win.

A55VA6

Legend
If this continues through the season... I think changes need to be made. I don't care about Ohh learning a new system again and shit like that. This isn't working.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
Having a non-existent running game doesn't help things. You're forced to become one-dimensional on offense and I don't think we have the caliber of players (WR+OL+QB) to overcome that deficiency. On top of that, they run this soft "don't get beat deep" style defense, and you lose everything that was good about the D last year.

Is it too early to be frustrated?

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Did coaching cause those 6 sacks or all those dropped passes?....this team played just plain awful, but there's a lot more wrong with it than coaching and game plans....there is such a thing as execution.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The most maddening thing was Fisher's unwillingness to run any no huddle until the game was lost. Just stupid.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
jrry32 said:
The most maddening thing was Fisher's unwillingness to run any no huddle until the game was lost. Just stupid.
I believe THAT was strictly stubbornness.

A55VA6

Legend
ramsince62 said:
Did coaching cause those 6 sacks or all those dropped passes?....this team played just plain awful, but there's a lot more wrong with it than coaching and game plans....there is such a thing as execution.
Yeah, execution of the same damn plays and formations we use every week. Teams know what we're going to do...

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
ramsince62 said:

I think the execution of the coordinators may help.

Couldnt help myself there, but maybe that would get the players attention and they would perform better.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I have to pile on here..although it wouldnt have mattered..

Whats with the fake punt at the start? Pin their arse back and give these young players a chance to settle in.

V3

Hall of Fame
ramsince62 said:

Let's be honest, it was everything today. The coaches and players didn't do their jobs today. There are only a few exceptions with the performance today. I thought some players still showed up like Trumain and Bradford, for example.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
EastRam said:
I have to pile on here..although it wouldnt have mattered..

Whats with the fake punt at the start? Pin their arse back and give these young players a chance to settle in.

My guess would be that Fisher knew the D gameplan didnt call for getting stops so he knew the O had to score some points.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
We all know Fisher is stubborn and arrogant in his own way, I don't know why anybody is acting surprised. It's why he had a falling out with Bud Adams in the first place, because they both wanted it their way and both refused to compromise.

Now Fisher gets his full right and he' still being stubborn, no surprise there.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
V3 said:
ramsince62 said:

Let's be honest, it was everything today. The coaches and players didn't do their jobs today. There are only a few exceptions with the performance today. I thought some players still showed up like Trumain and Bradford, for example.
I thought TJ played hard the whole game too. Granted,he was the last line of defense with Murray running through our front seven...but still i like what i've seen from TJ Mac.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
ramsince62 said:

SIX sacks!?!?!?!?

Good grief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
HometownBoy said:
We all know Fisher is stubborn and arrogant in his own way, I don't know why anybody is acting surprised. It's why he had a falling out with Bud Adams in the first place, because they both wanted it their way and both refused to compromise.

Now Fisher gets his full right and he' still being stubborn, no surprise there.

Part of the reason behind their fallout, is that Bud Adams is a meddling owner and an imbecile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
V3 said:
ramsince62 said:

True.

The whole organization laid an egg today.

It wouldn't surprise me if even equipment guy fucked up today.

V3

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
V3 said:
ramsince62 said:

True.

The whole organization laid an egg today.

It wouldn't surprise me if even equipment guy freaked up today.

LOL!

He did. Did you see Pead slipping all over? He needed different cleats!