Fishers preseason philosophy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If I remember correctly, last preseason Fisher said the reason for playing mostly zone was to let the opponent move the ball so the D can get reps and the coaching staff has more film to see who tackles well and what players need to work on. So I wouldnt worry to much about teams scoring on the Rams in preseason.

And on O he wants to get as much work on the running game as possible, again to have as much film as possible to see what they are doing well and where they need to improve. So again I wouldnt worry to much about not seeing Tavon and Cook get a lot of passes thrown their way. But we did get a glimpse of what we would all like to see out of the O on the only TD drive orchestrated by SB.

As long as the team gets good work and stays healthy thats all I want from the preseason, wins would be nice but I would rather lose all 4 preseason games and have no injuries or atleast nothing serious than win the 3 remaining games and lose anyone for an extended amount of time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yep, all good points. The execution was a little sloppy at times, but you could definitely see that they were in evaluation mode with some of the situational playcalling. And the Browns were trying to make a statement on defense apparently. I don't know that I've ever seen so many blitzes right out of the gate like that.

In 2011 we won all 4 preseason games and ended up 2-14, so that should tell us *something*. I think the third and fourth preseason games are going to tell us pretty much all we need to know as we head into the season.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
One of the few things worth listening to out of the announcers last night was the bit about Horton's defense running blitzes on 42% of defensive snaps last season in AZ.

Even though it did appear that the Browns wanted to win the game last night I think the blitzing was for them to practice it and evaluate in game situations because they'll be doing it a lot more this season under Horton.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah I thought last night that the Brown under a new coach WANTED the game and we wanted the experience.