Fishers M.O. and why I'm not freaking out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The difference between a regular member and a mod is that a mod needs to read every post while a member can use the ignore function or just skip over certain member's posts. Maybe this is why we push the positive angle so much.

The day after a loss, especially a humiliating one, is the absolute worst. I am very much looking forward to a winning season because ROD will be a fun place to visit every day.
Not sure PT, but based on which part of my post you quoted, and your response...
th

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
There's are basically three types of resident fans:
A) The Homer
B) The objective type
C) The bitter type

Bitter fan posts are difficult to read over and over and over and they can really drag a message board down in great numbers...they are locked into negativity because they believe that nothing is being done the way they believe it should be. I know about this. I was/am a bitter Phoenix Suns fan who posted on a board and saw NOTHING positive. Ever. Eventually i realized this and stopped posting. I still believe that every post i made there was absolute truth, but now that board is a better place without me in it.

/rant
rant.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Not sure PT, but based on which part of my post you quoted, and your response...
th

Am I being obtuse again? Say it ain't so. There are several points that were triggered by your post, which btw I totally agree with.

1) members have a choice whether to wade through tons of negativity or not
2) mods don't
3) positivism is promoted here because in the long run it makes for a more fun forum

6WREvaQ.jpg

Memphis Ram

Legend
Tackling. Blocking. Catching the football. Getting off blocks. Being disciplined enough to limit penalties, etc..

Vanilla or no. This team has struggled with the basics.

IMO, it seems to me that oftentimes posters who are merely providing their opinion on how things look so far, get responded to as if they are no longer even rooting for the team and/or players being discussed, and have already given up on the season. And that couldn't be any further from the truth unless they are just trolling fans of another team.

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram with the big three:
A) The Homer
B) The objective type
C) The bitter type
There are some that are more objective than others, in their mind at least. :LOL: I think there is also the single issue guy along with many subsets of those four too. Good description of some of the bitter guys though. I can live with those guys because they always force me to think about why they're full of it. ;) Unless they're the single issue guy or the I wanna be right guy. Those are the two kinds I can't handle. The first because it's just boring and the second because I don't want to talk with or read people like that. I haven't met very many of the latter thank Bhudda.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Sorry, not drinking the Kool-Aid.
We go through this every single preseason with Fisher. People say "oh, Fisher doesn't show anything in preseason, Fisher only shows vanilla plays, blah, blah, blah" Then we get to the regular season and nothing changes.
And I guess I am bitter etc.. because I am not an overly optimistic homer. Not bitter just calling it like I see it. With a record of 7-8-1, 7-9, and 6-10 and what I saw in the first couple games it's hard to be optimistic.

IMHO contrary to popular belief you can see a lot in preseason games.

I can see how the Rams could click and be a very good team. I think they have a lot of talent and absolutely could do very well.
Hope things change because I would love to see them win the SB in the Whiners stadium.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
At some point I feel like you have to earn the right to be able to coast on through, Fisher has not earned the right yet as a Rams HC.

When you're 20-27-1 I don't think you can be afforded the right to make everyone wait and see.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Without looking at the record the Rams had horrible They had a rookie DC in 2013 and new DC in 2014. Its not as if they had the continuity they are starting with this year. I'm looking for a better start especially first game at home against the hags but the last two years have very little to offer in comparison.

…..

Legend
A) The Homer
B) The objective type
C) The bitter type

Or more recently...

A) The objective type
B) Some other type telling the objective type to calm down

On topic, Fisher's "MO" is exactly why I am worried. If we were Eskimo's, he'd try to sell us ice cream.

Its okay to be worried. Its okay to be critical. Its okay to be passionate. Its okay to hope. And dammmmmmit its OKAY TO DREAM OF A BETTER LIFE lol

My concern is we end up mediocre again. Anything 7-9 to 9-7 is mediocre to me.

I wannna be great.

I wannna be exciting.

I wanna get laid by the chick with the big boobs.

is that so bad?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
To no one in particular.

People can look at things however they want. But I'll tell you this. I don't surround myself with negative people, because it's fucking dull. Who in the FAT hell wants to sit and listen to someone complain endlessly about things that have ZERO effect on the course of their lives? Whining about a football team ranks right up there with whining about bad weather - continuously - until such a time that the weather turns good again.

Hey guess what? I already know it's shitty outside, so how about your shut your blow hole and find something else to talk about.

Now if you wanna talk to me about how bad the weather is for a minute or two and then tell me all the great things you're gonna do once it stops raining, then I can get in on that. I can relate and share my plans as well. What I don't need is constant reminders about things of which I'm already acutely aware. I'm not stupid. I have eyes. I just can't do anything about it, so dwelling on it is kinda fruitless. Even more fruitless is you trying to convince me that bad weather deserves top billing on my list of problems because you can't seem to let it go.

/analogy.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I told the defense in our meeting, in a lot ways I’m kind of glad that they gave up that touchdown pass at the end because I got to go to our two-minute drive for (QB) Sean (Mannion).

From Fishers presser yesterday. Not saying it the right, but it might give you a little insight to his mindset about preseason. Am I concerned, yes. Am I worried, yes. Am I hopeful, you bet your ass I am! Am I excited to see what this years RAMS bring, of course I am. It may be putting my head in the sand but I will choose to pick the glass half full every time.