Fisher's four game leash

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Fisher will not be coaching this team next year. I still believe he is going to get promoted to President of Football Operation and they will hire a new coach to work with Snead.

That'd be nice, despite Fisher's shortcomings as an HC, his approach in logistics is impressive.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The beauty of the rain is you can still wear shorts. Not as bad as you may think.

--If you know anything about rain in So. Cal , you'd know that the oil sheen comes into play making the road slick.

Just in case your in town when it hasn't rained in awhile.
I wear shorts every day here in the Northwet. I grew up in Southern Cal (personally hate the term SoCal). I'm not giving my fellow Californians a pass with the ole oil sheen on the road excuse. At least they don't drive as bad as Bay Area or Washington drivers.:eek: :cool:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
New Orleans
New England
Atlanta
Seattle

crap is about to get real.
Fisher has always said ' He likes to break the Season into Quarters, the Rams where:
* 3-1 in the 1st quarter of games.
* 1-3 in the 2nd quarter.
* And we are 1-1 so far in this quarter!( With New Orleans 4-6 next then New England!)
* The Saints Game is going to be a B-I-T-C-H because both Teams KNOW the have to WIN or they're basically F--KED!

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I wear shorts every day here in the Northwet. I grew up in Southern Cal (personally hate the term SoCal). I'm not giving my fellow Californians a pass with the ole oil sheen on the road excuse. At least they don't drive as bad as Bay Area or Washington drivers.:eek: :cool:

oil sheen or not Southern Cal has the worst drivers ive ever seen. lived here 49 years and its getting worse every year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fisher will not be coaching this team next year. I still believe he is going to get promoted to President of Football Operation and they will hire a new coach to work with Snead.
This is what I have been thinking as well.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
oil sheen or not Southern Cal has the worst drivers ive ever seen. lived here 49 years and its getting worse every year.
Maybe you ought to take a drive up to Washington. You actually won't need to get there. I'd say before you get to Yreka you will have cussed so many WA plates you'll want to just turn around. It's pretty funny because most people I talk to from WA don't deny it.

Ellard80

Legend
The way Fisher looked in that press conference... he knows his days are likely
numbered.

A55VA6

Legend
I think so. I like what I see of Fisher as a person, but I just don't have any confidence that he can turn this ship around.

I agree. He seems like a great person, and he did a good job of lifting us out of the 2007-2009 combined record of 6–42, but we're still mediocre/average and I just don't see our offense getting better with him as our head coach.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
This is what I have been thinking as well.

I have been thinking this since last year. I think it was part of the deal when he took the job, a golden parachute of sorts. I would be ok with it all, if he was to keep Williams and hire a new head coach that is not currently in the organization.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
That'd be nice, despite Fisher's shortcomings as an HC, his approach in logistics is impressive.

I think it makes sense and think it would be a good move, just nervous about the type of coach he might bring in.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
New Orleans
New England
Atlanta
Seattle

crap is about to get real.
Knowing Fisherball they will probably be 1-3 and beat the Pats . In his mind that would be a great 4 game stretch.
The man is a failure

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

Would normally expect Bay Area or Washington drivers to be better drivers considering that they're familiar with the rainy terrain. We still have garbage-ass drivers who still don't understand the deacceleration process under rainy conditions.

SierraRam

Recreational User
There are plenty of real coaches that would have "kissed ass." Fisher's ability to handle the players isn't at all the issue. Fisher's ability to develop and implement a modern team/offensive philosophy is the issue.

Did you see the episode I'm referring to? I reduced 20 minutes of Joyner's selfish, childish and assnine behavior into a few sentences. Very long story short: Fisher's inability to instill discipline or 'handle" his players is definitely an issue. (That and an offense only Chuck Knox could love)

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you see the episode I'm referring to? I reduced 20 minutes of Joyner's selfish, childish and assnine behavior into a few sentences. Very long story short: Fisher's inability to instill discipline or 'handle" his players is definitely an issue. (That and an offense only Chuck Knox could love)

No. I saw the preview. It was enough for me. Every team has a number of guys who react that way. Part of being a NFL head coach is knowing how to massage egos. If you're too rigid, players won't play for you.(Tom Coughlin learned this and it made him a much better HC) If you're too soft, they won't respect you.

Jeff Fisher has been around as long as he has because he knows how to walk the line. He knows how to get guys to play for him. He knows how to keep guys in line. Fisher's ability to motivate and handle players isn't a question for me.

And if you doubt how Fisher handled the situation, the results should speak volumes. LaMarcus Joyner is out there playing the best football of his career. He's a key player for our defense. He's playing through a bad injury and playing well. Fisher clearly said what needed to be said.

A lot of people here conflate discipline with success. Truth is that a "lack of discipline" (i.e., penalties) isn't what costs us football games. There are currently 11 teams tied for the top 10 in penalties accrued this year.(the Rams are #4) Of those 11 teams, only 3 (LA, Jacksonville, and Tennessee) have below .500 records.

You can win with a team that "lacks discipline."(i.e., racks up penalties) You can't win with a team that doesn't score points. Like I said, I'm not concerned about Fisher's ability to handle players or instill discipline. I'm concerned with his inability to put a functional offense on the field. We can go out there and win more games than we lose while racking up penalties like we do now if we put a league average offense on the field. I don't care how disciplined we are when it comes to penalties; we won't win more games than we lose if we continue to be the worst in the NFL at scoring points.

SierraRam

Recreational User
No. I saw the preview. It was enough for me. Every team has a number of guys who react that way. Part of being a NFL head coach is knowing how to massage egos. If you're too rigid, players won't play for you.(Tom Coughlin learned this and it made him a much better HC) If you're too soft, they won't respect you.

Jeff Fisher has been around as long as he has because he knows how to walk the line. He knows how to get guys to play for him. He knows how to keep guys in line. Fisher's ability to motivate and handle players isn't a question for me.

And if you doubt how Fisher handled the situation, the results should speak volumes. LaMarcus Joyner is out there playing the best football of his career. He's a key player for our defense. He's playing through a bad injury and playing well. Fisher clearly said what needed to be said.

A lot of people here conflate discipline with success. Truth is that a "lack of discipline" (i.e., penalties) isn't what costs us football games. There are currently 11 teams tied for the top 10 in penalties accrued this year.(the Rams are #4) Of those 11 teams, only 3 (LA, Jacksonville, and Tennessee) have below .500 records.

You can win with a team that "lacks discipline."(i.e., racks up penalties) You can't win with a team that doesn't score points. Like I said, I'm not concerned about Fisher's ability to handle players or instill discipline. I'm concerned with his inability to put a functional offense on the field. We can go out there and win more games than we lose while racking up penalties like we do now if we put a league average offense on the field. I don't care how disciplined we are when it comes to penalties; we won't win more games than we lose if we continue to be the worst in the NFL at scoring points.

Summary: There's more than one issue.

Oh, and LaMarcus' 'best football' ain't saying much imo. That bar wasn't set very high. He's average in coverage and is a PF waiting to happen.

I agree with you Jerry about the offense, and I know mistakes and penalties don't always translate to losses. But they do for us