Fisher's four game leash

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
My doubts started during the 'Hard Knocks' episode where Fisher kisses LaMarcus Joyner's ass after he sulked for not being a starter. A real coach would have pointed out the facts that he plays undisciplined and is clearly not better than the other two CB's. If he wants to start, PLAY BETTER!

I saw why this team continues to commit the most penalties and bone head plays year after year. It's all on Fisher

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If they lose the next game? If you were at the game then you've seen that the team has already lost the fans.

View: https://twitter.com/RamDurand/status/800512666351452160

What are Ram fans going to do ?? When Miami scored there were a heck of a lot of cheers.
--LA has not had a team for so long , there are a lot of Just NFL fans that will still come out. Who is going to eat there tickets ?? You do know The Rams(Stan) just broke ground for a new stadium in 2019.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I would consider firing Fisher now.
And I do not believe in firing mid season.

This game should not have even been that close.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah - Southern Californians never did deal well with rain. Hope you didn't have to drive - THAT is a real spectacle.

The beauty of the rain is you can still wear shorts. Not as bad as you may think.

--If you know anything about rain in So. Cal , you'd know that the oil sheen comes into play making the road slick.

Just in case your in town when it hasn't rained in awhile.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I agree. However, I think Les will go to bat for Fisher if Stan looks to him for input about Fisher's future as the coach. I think Fisher and Snead have a pretty close relationship.

Les probably would, I get the impression he's a standup guy. But even then that shouldn't be the deciding factor.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams will beat New Orleans. Why? Because they have zero defense and nobody thinks the Rams will win that one on the road.

But then they're gonna lose to Atlanta and New England. Why? Because they're bad and both those teams will score more than 10 points even on our defense.

I give Fisher a 1% chance to turn this team around, and that is if he somehow realizes he needs to open up this offense and ride the kid's arm. But he won't do that. He'll try to ride ball control and the defense and fail.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu

"We're not going 7-9, or 8-8, or 9-7, or 10-6 for that matter." - Jeff Fisher

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He should have been sent packing after the final second of the whiner game last season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My doubts started during the 'Hard Knocks' episode where Fisher kisses LaMarcus Joyner's ass after he sulked for not being a starter. A real coach would have pointed out the facts that he plays undisciplined and is clearly not better than the other two CB's. If he wants to start, PLAY BETTER!

I saw why this team continues to commit the most penalties and bone head plays year after year. It's all on Fisher

There are plenty of real coaches that would have "kissed ass." Fisher's ability to handle the players isn't at all the issue. Fisher's ability to develop and implement a modern team/offensive philosophy is the issue.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am releasing....Nothing I say or can do, will make Kroenke dump Fisher for a better HC.

I am coming to believe he (Kroenke) likes 7-9 for some reason, because he keeps on a Coach that can't do better than that. I would hate to share Inglewood with the Chargers, but I think Kroenke really wants that so his facility will get max usage...Does Kroenke really take "ownership" as the Rams owner, or is the team we live and die for, just another asset in his sports portfolio?

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Sorry Fisher is extended and they haven't announced.

Haven't read anywhere that this is true other than those blurbs re: an extension back in September. Kroenke isn't this tone deaf, and Fisher is getting ridiculed now by the local media. I wanted him gone last year, but I get how a new coach would be in a difficult position with the move.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I would think unless they go 8-8, 9-7, or even 10-6... Fisher will not be back in 2017!

My gut feeling is Kroenke is going to give Fisher a pass because of the transition the team dealt with moving from St. Louis to LA. I think Stan will appreciate his effort moving the team. Although it won't help with the team's image and fan support in LA, I think he is safe. I would bet he gets a 3-year extension with some type of clause indicating he will be fired if they don't make the playoffs in 2017.

Pass or no pass the results will remain the same.....I also expect a number of the better players on this team to get the hell out as soon as they're eligible.

For all those in perpetual denial, just spend a few moments adding up the number of head coaches over the past few years who rebuilt a team within 2 or 3 years to achieve either a winning record, make the playoffs and/or make it to the show.

12 miserable years dealing with this perpetual loser is more than I can stand. Maybe I've just become worn out by this misery and stupidity of it all. As of this moment and until they replace this entire coaching staff, I'm sticking with college football....I've watched my last game with this bunch of undisciplined losers. At least under Allen, Knox, Robinson and Vermeil they had a clue and plan how to actually win and be competitive..

Allen believed in veterans, Knox and Robinson believed in a sound O.L. & ground game and Vermeil knew how to instill mental and physical toughness.....all Fisher knows how to do is make excuses, repeat the same mistakes over and over and collect his pay check. Between him and Williams, it's difficult to identify the biggest fool. All I know is we're suckers to keep thinking and believing this team is anything more than a third tier bunch of bullies who manage to remain firmly at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to any-all offensive categories year after year after year. Speaking of offensive, that's exactly how I feel about this team, they have become not only perpetual losers, but completely offensive to boot.

5 years under this guy is more than enough for me to stomach.....Some of you may enjoy repeating this misery year after year, but for me, life is too short for this crap. This will essentially be the same team next year as it has been the previous 5 years and if Fisher remains for a 7th season, it will still remain the same......if that isn't the definition of insanity, it's close enough for me. :mad::poop::banghead::giveup:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Fisher will not be coaching this team next year. I still believe he is going to get promoted to President of Football Operation and they will hire a new coach to work with Snead.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Fisher has been a HC for 25 seasons and only seen the playoffs 6 times none while coaching the Rams. Surprised I'm not...disgusted that he is still the HC I am. a little yoda lingo.....lol

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Rams will beat New Orleans. Why? Because they have zero defense and nobody thinks the Rams will win that one on the road.

But then they're gonna lose to Atlanta and New England. Why? Because they're bad and both those teams will score more than 10 points even on our defense.

I give Fisher a 1% chance to turn this team around, and that is if he somehow realizes he needs to open up this offense and ride the kid's arm. But he won't do that. He'll try to ride ball control and the defense and fail.

I think they'd be lucky to go 1-3 in the next 4. Another lost season and this one will be the knockout blow to Fisher.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
After the bye, it was reported that Jeff Fisher had four games to prove something. Since that time he is 1 - 2, with one more game to go. Do we see a change if he looses the next game? I think Stan lets him finish the year most likely. I was out at the game today, and I just finished reading as much of the vent thread that I could, and I could not agree more with the sentiment that Fisher is playing not to loose, and losing anyway.
Was reported by who? Any bozo can write a blog with no input. If it did not come from Kronke it is not worth reading.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Knowing Fisher, he'll win 3 of those games only to get back to some 7-9 bullcrap

Not a chance, he's looking at (maybe) 2 more wins this season. Every time I look at the Niners record with that solitary win I want to puke....a perfect metaphor of this morbid bound leaderless Rams team.

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eff-fisher-ted-thompson-expose-painful-truths

Jeff Fisher's gotta go.
If I argued that the Rams giving up 14 points in the final five minutes to blow a game against the Dolphins meant Jeff Fisher should be forced to walk from Los Angeles to St. Louis and never come back, would that be too much?

Or just right?

Jared Goff ... Case Keenum ... Nick Foles ... St. Louis ... L.A. ... None of it matters because there's one simple truth: Jeff Fisher isn't a winning coach. "Mr. 8-8" has yet to even reach that threshold in his four-plus seasons with the Rams -- and at 4-6, he's on pace to fall short once again.

Fisher actually pulled even with Tom Landry on Sunday, though in an ignominious manner. The Rams coach and Cowboys icon are now tied for the second-most losses in NFL history (162). And Fisher is only three away from Dan Reeves for the No. 1 spot.

Fisher's game management and offense remain dreadful -- both shortcomings were painfully present on Sunday.

The L.A. fans have been fantastic in supporting the Rams' return, but this sad act won't fly in Hollywood. A change is needed at coach. Consistent mediocrity is not what this league is about.