Fisher's four game leash

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OcRamsFan

UDFA
After the bye, it was reported that Jeff Fisher had four games to prove something. Since that time he is 1 - 2, with one more game to go. Do we see a change if he looses the next game? I think Stan lets him finish the year most likely. I was out at the game today, and I just finished reading as much of the vent thread that I could, and I could not agree more with the sentiment that Fisher is playing not to loose, and losing anyway.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I think so. I like what I see of Fisher as a person, but I just don't have any confidence that he can turn this ship around.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
sign.png

FRO

Legend
This is year 5 for Fisher. He has had a glut of draft picks to build the team the way he wants. To expect things to change in year 6 is lunacy. This is who he is.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Agreed OC. Was at the game too. Play calling too conservative.

Seriously, let the kid make some errors and learn from them. You can't learn to ride a bike without falling off first.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
such a loser's mentality. have some fuckin balls man.. you play to win (word to Herm)

so fitting that he's gonna break the loss record this year :palm:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I would think unless they go 8-8, 9-7, or even 10-6... Fisher will not be back in 2017!

My gut feeling is Kroenke is going to give Fisher a pass because of the transition the team dealt with moving from St. Louis to LA. I think Stan will appreciate his effort moving the team. Although it won't help with the team's image and fan support in LA, I think he is safe. I would bet he gets a 3-year extension with some type of clause indicating he will be fired if they don't make the playoffs in 2017.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Even if they beat N.O in N.O that means he went 2-2 in this "crucial 4 game stretch." Surely that can't be good enough.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I just hope the OP is what Stan is thinking. I think Fisher has had more than enough time to turn this thing around.......when you continue to lose games the same way over and over, it's definitely time for a change if winning is important......Stan

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I would think unless they go 8-8, 9-7, or even 10-6... Fisher will not be back in 2017!

My gut feeling is Kroenke is going to give Fisher a pass because of the transition the team dealt with moving from St. Louis to LA. I think Stan will appreciate his effort moving the team. Although it won't help with the team's image and fan support in LA, I think he is safe. I would bet he gets a 3-year extension with some type of clause indicating he will be fired if they don't make the playoffs in 2017.

I sure hope Stan doesn't think that way and gives Fisher an unearned excuse.

The transition isn't why the Rams repeatedly throw short of the sticks on third down.

The transition isn't why a group of maulers on the OL is being coached to be finess-y cut blockers.

The transition isn't why it took until game 10 to get the first pick of the draft ready to play.

The transition isn't why Fisher decided to put most of his QB emphasis in the preseason on the guy who is the most physically limited among our QB's.

The transition isn't why this team has penalties at the most inopportune times.

The transition isn't why our offensive game plans are consistently of the "play not to lose" variety.

I could go on and on, listing things that plagued this team for four years prior to the transition, as is true for most of the above. The transition has little, if any bearing on why this team is where it's at now. The general coaching philosophy of Fisher, which has been with us for 4+ seasons now, has everything to do with it.

It's time for another transition, a transition to a new head coach.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
In the first ten games Fisher has gone 4-6 in each of the last 4 seasons. He was 3-6-1 in the first season. An ever so slight improvement in year two and zero improvement since. Its hard to fathom how he could get a new contract. But you never know what Stan Kroenke is thinking. Its possible he'll give him one more shot. Which would make Kroenke the most patient owner in sports. And possibly the biggest mistake he ever made.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I sure hope Stan doesn't think that way and gives Fisher an unearned excuse.

The transition isn't why the Rams repeatedly throw short of the sticks on third down.

The transition isn't why a group of maulers on the OL is being coached to be finess-y cut blockers.

The transition isn't why it took until game 10 to get the first pick of the draft ready to play.

The transition isn't why Fisher decided to put most of his QB emphasis in the preseason on the guy who is the most physically limited among our QB's.

The transition isn't why this team has penalties at the most inopportune times.

The transition isn't why our offensive game plans are consistently of the "play not to lose" variety.

I could go on and on, listing things that plagued this team for four years prior to the transition, as is true for most of the above. The transition little, if any bearing on why this team is where it's at now. The general coaching philosophy of Fisher, which has been with us for 4+ seasons now, has everything to do with it.

It's time for another transition, a transition to a new head coach.
I agree with all of this, but my gut keeps telling me Fisher/Snead will convince him otherwise. It makes me sick to see the same uninspired performances every week, and I think Kroenke is blind to it right now because he's in the "honeymoon" stage of being back in LA, and with construction of his new stadium started. After the 2017 season, he still has two years before he opens the doors to his stadium, and might have the mindset that's more than enough time to win back the fans. At some point, he will have to make a change for fear of opening the 2019 season with a half-empty stadium. Also, he needs to think hard about what happens if the Chargers decide to move to LA. That will turn up the pressure on this franchise no doubt.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I agree with all of this, but my gut keeps telling me Fisher/Snead will convince him otherwise. It makes me sick to see the same uninspired performances every week, and I think Kroenke is blind to it right now because he's in the "honeymoon" stage of being back in LA, and with construction of his new stadium started. After the 2017 season, he still has two years before he opens the doors to his stadium, and might have the mindset that's more than enough time to win back the fans. At some point, he will have to make a change for fear of opening the 2019 season with a half-empty stadium. Also, he needs to think hard about what happens if the Chargers decide to move to LA. That will turn up the pressure on this franchise no doubt.

We'll see.

Stan is a businessman and he knows he has to win the LA market. He can't expect to win it just for being there. He's got to have a product that's exciting to watch and wins on the field if he really wants to capture LA. He's putting a lot of change into the new stadium, and if the product on the field of that new stadium is crappy and underachieving, that investment is not going to pay off for him.

As far as Snead goes, I view him separately from Fisher. As I mentioned on another thread, Snead has largely obtained the players Fisher wanted. If Fisher can't win with them, then its on Fisher, not Snead.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A lot of fans were leaving due to the rain. At least from where I was sitting.
Yeah - Southern Californians never did deal well with rain. Hope you didn't have to drive - THAT is a real spectacle.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
As far as Snead goes, I view him separately from Fisher. As I mentioned on another thread, Snead has largely obtained the players Fisher wanted. If Fisher can't win with them, then its on Fisher, not Snead.
I agree. However, I think Les will go to bat for Fisher if Stan looks to him for input about Fisher's future as the coach. I think Fisher and Snead have a pretty close relationship.