Fisher: 'We're closing the gap'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Napa Jack

UDFA
If I was an admin I'd be very tempted to ban your ass for that SOSAR reference.

Ban my ass? Seriously Les? Where do you live? I ask because you see, where I live I have been hearing that SOSAR crap from 9er fans for what seems like decades. 7 wins man. All those high draft picks for years and we are watching the 9ers go to the Super Bowl and the Seahawks become great. Hell even the Cardinals remain better than us. There are some good conversations going on here about what to do. But I say this, it isn't about complicated systems and bad coaching, ok maybe some of it is, but more of it is about lining up players that are better than those on the other side. The Rams need more better players and if Sam is going to remain the qb, they need to find linemen that are going to give him time to go through his reads. He can make all the throws, but he is a pocket qb. If you are going to go old school with your qb, then you better build a pocket or a guy like Bradford is going to end up on crutches again and again.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
flv wanting it all:
No way Fisher and Snead get a pass for the starting Ss, (or LG). Everyone knew those positions were horribly weak after the 2012 season. Management consciously choose to put the Draft and FA resources into other areas. We could have been better at S but we wouldn't have some of the other rookies or we wouldn't have Long at LT.
From where we were 2 years ago and with the significantly higher resources available to management compared to other teams it would have been almost impossible not to have closed the gap. The better question is whether the gap has been closed enough with what was available. It's hard to argue that we've outperformed any of the NFC West teams.
You can only fill so many holes per year flv but I agree with you that I'm not sure we used all those resources in the most efficient manner. I'm still pissed that we used two high picks to get Tavon. Yeah, he looks like he'll be good but so would the other two guys we would have drafted instead of him.

This year we again have too many (some of them unexpected) holes to fill. I hope they do a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Ban my ass? Seriously Les? Where do you live? I ask because you see, where I live I have been hearing that SOSAR crap from 9er fans for what seems like decades. 7 wins man. All those high draft picks for years and we are watching the 9ers go to the Super Bowl and the Seahawks become great. Hell even the Cardinals remain better than us. There are some good conversations going on here about what to do. But I say this, it isn't about complicated systems and bad coaching, ok maybe some of it is, but more of it is about lining up players that are better than those on the other side. The Rams need more better players and if Sam is going to remain the qb, they need to find linemen that are going to give him time to go through his reads. He can make all the throws, but he is a pocket qb. If you are going to go old school with your qb, then you better build a pocket or a guy like Bradford is going to end up on crutches again and again.
I think the more appropriate term is SOSAF ( Same Ol Sorry Ass Fans) If your tired of Whiner fans talking crap to you turn into a Whiner fan or go home and cry to momma.... me? I'm through crying... time to come up.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Any 49er fan that was using that term in the early 2000's was full of shit anyway the Rams were waxing them.

That's a term that should never, ever, under any circumstances, come out of the mouth of a Rams fan.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
So you believe there was enough talent on the field in Seattle to beat them Sunday with a good QB? If the answer is yes then I have to get my TV adjusted because I saw NOTHING at wr save for bailey, that was worth two shits. And Cook with another lack luster effort. Once they shut down Stacy where was the ball supposed to go?

If the Rams FAIL to get a true #1 then THEY fail.
2 words: arrested development.

The moment the Rams lost Bradford, the passing game, except for a few splash plays, became predictable; almost dormant. Clemens, despite his knowledge of the offense, wasn't going to be spreading the ball around with Bradford's confidence. In 9 games, how many targets did Quick have?

Unless the Rams fell behind, Schotty wasn't using the passing game like he would with Bradford out there. Not to mention the frustration of being open and ignored by Clemens. So, without the PT reps, how was Quick supposed to get the opportunities to improve his stats, just to please us?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
You can only fill so many holes per year flv but I agree with you that I'm not sure we used all those resources in the most efficient manner. I'm still pissed that we used two high picks to get Tavon. Yeah, he looks like he'll be good but so would the other two guys we would have drafted instead of him.

This year we again have too many (some of them unexpected) holes to fill. I hope they do a good job.
What's done is done I realize so I really just want him to succeed at this point, but my thoughts absolutely mirror yours on this.