Fisher Was Forced To Draft Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Honestly, they overpay to draft a California quarterback when the Rams move back to California.

And this would be the second time Fisher was basically forced to draft a quarterback he didn't want.

I don't know why this sounds so unbelievable. But you don't have to worry, it's not like he'll be back and coaching for the Rams next year anyway.
Are u sure about that?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Are u sure about that?
You're referring to him coming back? To be honest, I don't think he wants to be back even if the team wants him.

This is, in my opinion what I guess people like to call a lame duck year :)

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stan doesn't have an MO for meddling because he hires the right people to execute what he plans behind the scenes. He's a puppet master, that's the way he's worked for years. It's the way of upper level management in this country. Sometimes it's subtle, and sometimes not, but it's hardly uncommon and kind of fun to look for in pretty much anything you see :)

You base this on what exactly? Not saying your wrong but making a pretty large assumption based on little facts.

Stan paid Fisher 7M the 4th highest paid coach and has never won a SB and a career winning % of barely over .500. Who exactly is the puppet master here?

I will give you this, if Fisher is here 2 or 3 years from now and has not made the playoffs then I would buy into all this. It just feels like you are trying to push conspiracies and trying to be subtle lol.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
My opinion is that Snead is safer than Fisher. Fisher was brought in to relocate/get competitive and Snead was brought in to acquire talent. Take that for what it's worth(opinion). Snead gets crap done and for better or worse knows how to manipulate the draft and move around. As for his scouting department...IMO it's getting better every year.

This ^.

The two, Fisher and Snead, should be evaluated separately. Snead has done a pretty good job in the draft, and has had a number of finds in later rounds, something that never happened with his predecessor. His job is to find the talent, and while he's had a few misses, he's also had numerous hits, big hits.

Fisher's job is to make sure the talent is well-coached and put in a position to succeed, and that proposition is much more questionable, particularly on the offensive side of the ball.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
You base this on what exactly? Not saying your wrong but making a pretty large assumption based on little facts.

Stan paid Fisher 7M the 4th highest paid coach and has never won a SB and a career winning % of barely over .500. Who exactly is the puppet master here?

I will give you this, if Fisher is here 2 or 3 years from now and has not made the playoffs then I would buy into all this. It just feels like you are trying to push conspiracies and trying to be subtle lol.
Just google Silent Stan. How he pulls the strings and what the billionaire pays his interim head coach to relocate the team has nothing to do with how he operates.

I don't see why it has to be a conspiracy. In business, even the TDIMH whomever that may be can't always get what he wants. But we all know they layer themselves to protect their reputations from their own decisions. I don't think that Fisher is unhappy with the Goff pick, I think we'd have a pretty strong idea if it was another Vince Young situation. But his preference probably was for more players.

It's just not all black and white as everyone wants to categorize their perceptions, but grey doesn't mean conspiracy either.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't see why it has to be a conspiracy. In business, even the TDIMH whomever that may be can't always get what he wants. But we all know they layer themselves to protect their reputations from their own decisions. I don't think that Fisher is unhappy with the Goff pick, I think we'd have a pretty strong idea if it was another Vince Young situation. But his preference probably was for more players.

So you are just going to ignore where Michael Silver quotes - quotes - Jeff Fisher as saying he wants Goff as far back as February before any discussions with the Titans had even taken place?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just google Silent Stan. How he pulls the strings and what the billionaire pays his interim head coach to relocate the team has nothing to do with how he operates.

It's just not all black and white as everyone wants to categorize their perceptions, but grey doesn't mean conspiracy either.

I dont understand your first sentence. Of course he pulls the strings on what he pays coaches, he is the owner....but Im sure I am misreading what you wrote.

I was not saying it was a conspiracy, I was saying you made it sound that way, my bad if you were not implying that. I do agree with you about him wanting more picks and if it was a Young situation I think we would know and its not like that. I think he knew he needed a QB and like you mention wanted more players, so I would buy into, he didnt like giving up so much. But I dont think it was an ultimatum, in which it was do whatever you have to do to or give up everything to get Goff

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I dont understand your first sentence. Of course he pulls the strings on what he pays coaches, he is the owner....but Im sure I am misreading what you wrote.

I was not saying it was a conspiracy, I was saying you made it sound that way, my bad if you were not implying that. I do agree with you about him wanting more picks and if it was a Young situation I think we would know and its not like that. I think he knew he needed a QB and like you mention wanted more players, so I would buy into, he didnt like giving up so much. But I dont think it was an ultimatum, in which it was do whatever you have to do to or give up everything to get Goff
His nickname is Silent Stan for a reason. He's like Jerry Jone's opposite, and I'm sure it infuriates the media. But he plays everything like a traditional corporate CEO. Heck, I've even seen people manipulated by the CEO to apply completely different strategies to solve the same problem in an attempt to create competition and hedge his bets. Not that I agree with that strategy, to me it's inefficient. I'm just saying that you can't take everything at face value.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It seems we should consider the source and that Me-shawn is not only known as that because he wants the damn ball. He's always been about craving attention. I personally think he took the Vince Young deal and thought it was an easy connection to be made. I see little to suggest he either knows anything about the situation or has sources that would have told him anything like this. If he did have sources, he doesn't now.

He's a puppet master, that's the way he's worked for years.
Where do you get this? He is very involved with big decisions and may have had some say in this decision as would ANY owner in this big of a deal. But Stan is not known as Silent Stan because he is a control freak pulling strings in the shadows. He is very well known for hiring good people and letting them do their job, pull the deals together, etc. He is known as Silent Stan because he rarely grants interviews and he rarely gets involved in the deals until the final stages. Many times, even in fairly big deals, the other party never meets him.

Probably the only thing what Fisher is paid has to do with anything is the perception throughout the league that Fish was the best coach available at the time. Stan and Demoff set about getting him. That was the same amount that the Phins were offering but Fish felt better about working with Stan and Demoff - at least by accounts at the time.

With how Stan operates, one would have to think that Fish and/or Snead came to him with a trade up scenario that was close to what they thought they could pull off. Once Stan signed off on the concept, he/they no doubt went about getting the deal set and Stan then signed off on that.

No one can really say for sure but I would contend that if anyone pushed Fish into the trade up deal, it was not Kroenke. KD and Snead? Yeah - I can see that.