Fisher Wants Chris Williams Back Next Year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Cheap depth, familiar with the system. As long as he doesn't start very often, I don't object to the move.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depth on the O line is incredibly important.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
As long as he isn't being viewed as a starter I'm ok with this. His versatility could see him return as the swing tackle.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Yeah as a back up for the min. sure. He would be a good choice.
But then again Coaches want everyone back this time of the year....Till they find someone better.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
But then again Coaches want everyone back this time of the year....Till they find someone better.

This so true. It could just be a 'cover your bases' type statement as well.

iced

hopefully just a back up or competition for the starter

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If they resign Chris Williams which IMO is a good decision due to the pathetic overall condition of our OL currently. CW would be our best starting OG today. Think about that.

Sorry say this but he was the Rams most INEFFECTIVE starter... matter of fact he has never earned a starting position in all his years @ Chicago a team who was known for having real bad OL for many many years.

CW won his first starting position last season here as a Ram I would credit Boudreau for putting in overtime in CW. CW was the Rams healthiest Ram OL'er and started all 16 games. Your could not say that about Starters Scott Wells, Jake Long, Roger Saffold & Harvey Dahl. If the 2014 season started today CW would be our starting OLT. CW is a real good guy too.

I agree with most of what was said above it would be best if CW was our primary OG back up and our 4th OT . When the Rams signed CW for about 1.5 mil lst season he made a demand that he be given a very strong chance @ starting...well he got his wish and thank goodness he gave the best he could for 17 weeks! I would imagine he will cost more than the 1.5 mil to sign him now after being a full healthy season starter for the first time. CW will also desire a longer term contract than just one yr.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If they resign Chris Williams which IMO is a good decision due to the pathetic overall condition of our OL currently. CW would be our best starting OG today. Think about that.

Sorry say this but he was the Rams most ineffective starter... matter of fact he has never earned a starting position in all his years @ Chicago a team who was known for having real bad OL for many many years.

CW won his first starting position last season here as a Ram I would credit Boudreau for putting in overtime in CW. CW was the Rams healthiest Ram OL'er and started all 16 games. Your could not say that about Starters Scott Wells, Jake Long, Roger Saffold & Harvey Dahl. If the 2014 season started today CW would be our starting OLT. CW is a real good guy too.

I agree with most of what was said above it would be best if CW was our primary OG back up and our 4th OT.
Just going to be brutally honest. He was our weak link on the line, but he was also our best option at LG. If not for his ability to spot start, or play some tackle, he wouldn't be here. I really hope that we upgrade that this year. That said, I'd be OK with him as a backup player--only at a cheap price.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm not a fan...but he is a guy you can get some production out of in a pinch.

Sure, bring him back as an insurance policy...but I think the Rams need to try and upgrade at that spot.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Anchor is the perfect description. He certainly drags down the talent of our OL like an anchor. ;)

If he's a backup OG, I'm ok with it. No thanks to him as a starter.
Anchor, he buries us.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So a O guard in the draft or a tackle?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm all for former tackles that can play guard...versatility is a great thing to have.

In fact, I know this won't be popular with a lot of folks on the board...but I'd be open to the idea of acquiring Jonathon Martin for the right price. He has experience at both tackle spots and I've heard many "experts" suggest he's probably best suited to play guard.

Unlike the Incognito poison, the worst you can get from Martin is his teammates aren't welcoming of him and he is released. I'd bet you could get him for a future conditional pick that goes no higher than a 6th rounder.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm all for former tackles that can play guard...versatility is a great thing to have.

In fact, I know this won't be popular with a lot of folks on the board...but I'd be open to the idea of acquiring Jonathon Martin for the right price. He has experience at both tackle spots and I've heard many "experts" suggest he's probably best suited to play guard.

Unlike the Incognito poison, the worst you can get from Martin is his teammates aren't welcoming of him and he is released. I'd bet you could get him for a future conditional pick that goes no higher than a 6th rounder.
I rated, and compared him to Saffold, so to me, Guard might be a good position for him....IF he really wants to compete in the N>>>F>>>L>>>.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I would rather not. But I sure as hell hope that Snisher does.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would rather not. But I sure as hell hope that Snisher does.

I believe this is an extra insurance policy as the early Saffold negotiations have came up empty for Fisher and looks like a sure thing that Saffold be be heading into UFA for the NFL world to make him a rich young man.

Like I said above at least if they get CW back they would have a OLT in TC & pre season other than that Sean Hooey who would be hurt in day one of TC.