Fisher: "The NFL didn't let me know, I let THEM know."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[vim]49258927[/vim]
http://vimeo.com/49258927

Rams coach Jeff Fisher talks about a clock error that may have cost his team the game vs. the Lions.

bluecoconuts

Legend
You can read between the lines at the end there.

"There's a clock operator living in Detroit.. Now I'm not saying it's intentional, but I sure as hell am implying it so I want the league to be able to take a look at it and see what happened.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Sometimes I think Fisher is the only guy on the field that actually knows the rules.
This has to be frustrating for him.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
You know, there's more time saved than the time it would have taken the Lions to run down and spike the ball instead of using their third TO.

If the play clock ran down to the 2-minutes as it should have, then the Rams run their running play, which would take 5-7 seconds. That's 1:55-53. Then they kick the FG, which takes about 5 seconds, taking it down to 1:50-48. Combine that with the estimated 10 seconds lost because they had no TOs, that's the 15 seconds left when they ran the TD play.

As Iron Lion said in another thread, they would likely kick the FG to tie the game, sending it to OT.

7 seconds cost 15.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
bluecoconuts said:
You can read between the lines at the end there.

"There's a clock operator living in Detroit.. Now I'm not saying it's intentional, but I sure as hell am implying it so I want the league to be able to take a look at it and see what happened.
Of course it was intentional, Schwartz learned a few trick from his time with Belichick while in Cleveland.

Iron Lion

Starter
Yamahopper said:
Sometimes I think Fisher is the only guy on the field that actually knows the rules.
This has to be frustrating for him.

Schwartz also knows them rules pretty gud.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6JIiHBgMmY[/youtube]