Fisher & the lack of offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I misread your prior post, thought you said take the top off RAMS defense. My bad

You stack the box, you open up your defense over the top by removing your safeties from deep coverage. We'll beat you deep if you do that.

Yes. Really. Because he got open to drop that TD. And I seem to recall him making a 73 yard catch. He was also open deep on the play where Stacy blew the blitz pick-up on Mikell leading to a pick six. Stop being a wet blanket.

iced

He got open over the top against zone. Which is more or less the same thing as man to man here:

I'm fairly sure X has already posted Givens burning Sherman and Quick burning SF. Then, of course, Givens also burned Arizona in 2012.

So no, I'm not worried.

If we run the ball, we can throw it on those teams with Sam. As long as we protect him.

Givens burned those corners his rookie year - since then, Sherman has only grown while Givens regressed. BTW, the 2 td's Givens had his rookie season vs arizona both came against Toller, whom was cut that off season and signed with the Colts (who later had one of the worst pass defenses, common theme here?). By the way - a lot of those pics that were posted weren't from last season.

The fact that people talk about rookies not having big impacts yet Tavon played nearly half as many snaps and easily outproduced givens. So when people say rookies don't immediate impacts and one does - either we struck gold, or the rookie's talent level surpasses the incumbents (by a mile in this case).

I still can't believe the Rams never chose to the address the position thus far at all..jordan matthews, lee, montecrief - plenty of wide receivers that i think are instant upgrades or great chances at end up being a starter. They'd have as much competition as Greg Robinson would for guard

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Givens burned those corners his rookie year - since then, Sherman has only grown while Givens regressed. BTW, the 2 td's Givens had his rookie season vs arizona both came against Toller, whom was cut that off season and signed with the Colts (who later had one of the worst pass defenses, common theme here?). By the way - a lot of those pics that were posted weren't from last season.

The fact that people talk about rookies not having big impacts yet Tavon played nearly half as many snaps and easily outproduced givens. So when people say rookies don't immediate impacts and one does - either we struck gold, or the rookie's talent level surpasses the incumbents (by a mile in this case).

I still can't believe the Rams never chose to the address the position thus far at all..jordan matthews, lee, montecrief - plenty of wide receivers that i think are instant upgrades or great chances at end up being a starter. They'd have as much competition as Greg Robinson would for guard

Speed is speed.

The Rams made the right decision taking Joyner...especially over Lee. And Moncrief has VERY inconsistent hands.

iced

Speed is speed.

The Rams made the right decision taking Joyner...especially over Lee.

The joyner pick is 2nd my favorite (donald is my favorite).

however I'd have taken Moncrief over Mason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The joyner pick is 2nd my favorite (donald is my favorite).

however I'd have taken Moncrief over Mason.

I don't like Moncrief's fit in our offense.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wouldn't argue that Givens had a bad year last season, but I don't think that means we should just pretend he's a lost cause. He admitted it himself, last year he didn't take the right approach, thought he was just going to be fine doing what he did, and it backfired. This offseason he listened to older guys who knew what he should do, worked hard, and looked to actively improve. We will see how it works out when the season starts, but from the sound of things he's approaching it the right way.

iced

I wouldn't argue that Givens had a bad year last season, but I don't think that means we should just pretend he's a lost cause. He admitted it himself, last year he didn't take the right approach, thought he was just going to be fine doing what he did, and it backfired. This offseason he listened to older guys who knew what he should do, worked hard, and looked to actively improve. We will see how it works out when the season starts, but from the sound of things he's approaching it the right way.

But I wouldn't ignore the position either - just like people think Long can't stay healthy, i don't think its realistic to expect givens to suddenly morph into a receiver he hasn't even shown flashes of being. Pretty sure a general consensus on him is that he's a one trick pony/complimentary receiver, a #4 type... Not a starter.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jared Cook led all te's in drops last year too, on top of the fact he can't block and fumbled away a TD opening day.
Well then...there's only one thing to do.
"Send him to The Tree of Woe."
th

bluecoconuts

Legend
But I wouldn't ignore the position either - just like people think Long can't stay healthy, i don't think its realistic to expect givens to suddenly morph into a receiver he hasn't even shown flashes of being. Pretty sure a general consensus on him is that he's a one trick pony/complimentary receiver, a #4 type... Not a starter.

They didn't ignore the position, they got Britt. In all honesty, at this point I have a hard time seeing any of the receivers left being better than Britt for us next year. Britt isn't a long term option, obviously, but given needs elsewhere, he's a good stopgap.

iced

They didn't ignore the position, they got Britt. In all honesty, at this point I have a hard time seeing any of the receivers left being better than Britt for us next year. Britt isn't a long term option, obviously, but given needs elsewhere, he's a good stopgap.

seriously? Britt? They can cut him for less than $150k after camp, assuming he makes it...

i'm sure that sex video isn't helping him make any long strides

Last edited:

RFIP

Britt is about to go the way of Totus Young. And the Rams are going to have egg on their face for trusting this fool and bringing him on board to begin with!

All you had to do was listen to Fisher say how he thinks Britt can be a #1 and you would realize that is why they ignored the position all draft.

Now it's too late to recover, FA is effectively over as is the draft.

Smh...

bluecoconuts

Legend
If the Rams cut Britt, I doubt it's over a video that is likely a mistake. Unless it turns out it wasn't his wife and turns into some big mess

iced

Yeah I didn't see that thread before that post....:LOL:

Either way, it is what it is.

I just wouldn't rely on a guy who hasn't produced in several years and met the bench early in the season, for the rest of the season... people say rookies don't make an impact all the time - then i'm not sure I want the guy who the rookie replaces; least i'm not gonna rely on him to start. Nothin more than a camp body at this point

ausmurp

Starter
Yeah this is bad. Tevin Reese from Baylor is still there now (7th rd), but we are putting all of our eggs in one basket...usually not good...

RFIP

should call Cleveland while they are in a weak moment and offer Britt for Gordon. At least Britt can play this year and Fisher can try to rehab Gordon.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
i'm sure that sex video isn't helping him make any long strides
I hope that was unintentional.... because otherwise, that's horrible... and I'm secretly very proud of you.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I'm looking forward to the times when EVERYONE knows you are going to run and you do and it still works. Nothing better for an offense in my book.

there is nothing worse then trying to run when you can't but nothing better then the other team not being able to stop your running. i hope we get to where no team can shut our run down