Fisher & the lack of offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Look guys, it's simple.
We are going to run the classic "ground-n-pound" west coast offense. We will run Stacy and Mason behind Robinson for 4-6 yards per carry on the majority of our plays. Once we establish our run game, we dabble in a little play-action passing to our WRs who suddenly find more space because the D is forced to stack the box. Defensively, we may never need to blitz and stick be sack city. We don't even need a high-powered offense if our defense controls the game from the line of scrimmage.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@iced

If you force teams to come up in the box, you're going to win some match-ups outside. Even Quick proved he was capable of winning 1 on 1s(Carolina) when they had to pull their safety up to play the run.

Doesn't matter how good the CB or defense is, when you're on an island, you will get beat sometimes. Especially when you're going up against athletes like Givens, Austin, and Cook.

What has made Seattle so tough to beat is that they can stop the run while keeping Earl Thomas over the top. If you run all over them and force Earl Thomas to play the run, you can throw on them. Or better yet...if they don't have Earl Thomas play the run, you continue to pound it down their throats.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
AZ's draft has been VERY questionable so far.

I won't argue with you on that too much. I did like Buchannan though, maybe a bit of a reach but I feel like he'll be a good player.

I think many see the Niners slipping, and damn, Arizona was coming on strong last year. Guess they did lose some pieces though.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Did Seattle have a Sammy Watkins type on their team when they won the Super Bowl? No. In fact, if you saw the info graphic posted during the draft, Seattle only had two drafted receivers out of five last year (Harvin and Taint I believe).

Now, if our defense really ends up being as dominant as it looks like it might be (mainly the front 7), and we have a hardcore running game, WE WILL WIN!
They tried to.

But you're right in that a #1 WR alone will not help you win it all. An awesome guard (for now) alone will also not help you win it all. Both do do a lot to help you win it all though. It's just different opinions as to what helps the team more.

Although I do hope that if no one steps up into the role this year, #1 WR becomes a priority for next year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I won't argue with you on that too much. I did like Buchannan though, maybe a bit of a reach but I feel like he'll be a good player.

I think many see the Niners slipping, and damn, Arizona was coming on strong last year. Guess they did lose some pieces though.
IMO the Rams and Niners have had a far superior draft in terms of the division.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
They tried to.

But you're right in that a #1 WR alone will not help you win it all. An awesome guard (for now) alone will also not help you win it all. Both do do a lot to help you win it all though. It's just different opinions as to what helps the team more.

Although I do hope that if no one steps up into the role this year, #1 WR becomes a priority for next year.

I agree with you on the receiver thing for this year. If no one steps up, then I wouldn't mind spending another first rounder next year (if there's a great option available).

Remember how bad the Bears were before they fixed their o-line though? My brother is Bears fan so I sure do. You can have 3 or 4 great weapons, but if you don't get any protection you're SOL.

IMO the Rams and Niners have had a far superior draft in terms of the division.

I think the Rams take the cake so far in the draft. Maybe I'm just a homer though haha. I was hoping we would get Brandon Thomas. Good developmental player in my opinion. After all, he was ranked as one of the top guards before his injury.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I agree with you on the receiver thing for this year. If no one steps up, then I wouldn't mind spending another first rounder next year (if there's a great option available).

Remember how bad the Bears were before they fixed their o-line though? My brother is Bears fan so I sure do. You can have 3 or 4 great weapons, but if you don't get any protection you're SOL.

I *hope* we've fixed the OL.

I would be very surprised now if Long is still a Ram in 2015, and thus we'd need a guard then... so we might have to do this all again next year!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I don't think that establishing personnel to execute your philosophy to win within you division and follow the strengths of your coaches is a bad thing. To say one team won even though they don't have a ....... doesn't always crossover to another teams recipe for winning. I think we have done well this draft. Personally I didn't want a QB or RB until 5 or later and that is mostly because as RB goes it has to be at the very least a small admission of recently picked players (no names) not producing and coaches that are uncertain they ever will. We did grab Richardson later so he really is a bonus if he produces so he gets a pass. Popular or not, redundant or not you have to have players that produce even if you have made a recent pick at the same position. You have to hope your personnel evaluators, scouts and coaches have done a good job. Many starters including a lot of the hall of famers on stage tonight making picks for their former teams came late in the draft. Now lets stay healthy, continue to develop our youth, keep our QB upright and catch the EFFING ball then go out and kick some NFC West Arse

Amazing (not really) that in the deepest wr draft ever the Rams, with a unit of Quick, Pettis, Givens, Austin, Bailey and Britt have decided to sit it out!

Sickening.
I'm not disagreeing with you but we have invested heavily on that position and it's time for our guys to start producing. They get paid a lot of money to run routes and catch the ball and need to be held accountable for their shortcomings . That being said I think Bailey is a stud and quicks problem was never so much talent but more his lack of playbook knowledge. This is the year for these guys and I believe they can produce. The whole unit has been guilty of too many dropped passes and not showing up when it mattered most. I believe they will get it done this year.

RFIP

@iced

If you force teams to come up in the box, you're going to win some match-ups outside. Even Quick proved he was capable of winning 1 on 1s(Carolina) when they had to pull their safety up to play the run.

Really?

He dropped 1 TD, and was bullied at the LOS on another when the db dropped an easy int because Quick just stopped.

Lesson

Oh, really?
What should the Rams have done considering they've invested 4 picks in 4 WRs since 2011, as well as signing Britt, at WR? I don't think Clemens helped Quick progress, but I do think he showed signs of progression.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I think what he's saying is that those 3 will score and the defense will be free to raise hell on their opponents.

RFIP

Jared Cook led all te's in drops last year too, on top of the fact he can't block and fumbled away a TD opening day.