Fisher & the lack of offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Like it or not, all those receivers easily outproduced the Rams. The excuse because of "clemens was a qb so they got less opportunities" doesn't fly either when a team passes less yet still has better producing wide outs.

Why do they need multiple DB's to cover our receivers? our receivers struggle with beating man to man coverage - you can't tell me the best in the game are going to need it.

I'm sure Sam would agree - but then the fans would continue to just call him captain checkdown :eek:

4 TD's in the last 6 games against NFC west opponents says it all - by the way some of these are some old pics, they're not from last season...and i can easily tell some of these came in garbage time, like the Brian Quick touchdown to Trumaine brock came with less than 20 seconds in the game in the 4th qtr when we're getting killed (and also accounts 1 of those few td's in the past games against NFC West opponents)

I have no idea why the Rams selected Snead as GM over you.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
4 TD's in the last 6 games against NFC west opponents says it all - by the way some of these are some old pics, they're not from last season...and i can easily tell some of these came in garbage time, like the Brian Quick touchdown to Trumaine brock came with less than 20 seconds in the game in the 4th qtr when we're getting killed (and also accounts 1 of those few td's in the past games against NFC West opponents)
K, you win. I honestly have no desire to have a debate about how shitty our team is going to be before the season starts.
Enjoy your mire.

iced

I have no idea why the Rams selected Snead as GM over you.
Makes two of us :D

K, you win. I honestly have no desire to have a debate about how crappy our team is going to be before the season starts.
Enjoy your mire.

I sincerely hope the Rams receivers and Robinson prove me wrong - so I can temper my keg ordering correctly...with devaney I was locked in for atleast 3 kegs, Snead thus far has been much gentler :D:cool:

Still don't get the Mason pick though - I think Drich and Pead are both on notice

RamEERS

Pastor
Like it or not, all those receivers easily outproduced the Rams. The excuse because of "clemens was a qb so they got less opportunities" doesn't fly either when a team passes less yet still has better producing wide outs.

totally ignored my point... i never blamed their production on clemens, i blamed it on their experience... the receivers that i mentioned? 5 years, 5 years and 11 years of experience.. ours? 1, 1, 3 (quick) 3 (givens), 4 (Pettis)

arguments are pointless at this point.. because you start twisting words to match your argument.... i never even mentioned clemens... only experience..

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
the receivers that i mentioned? 5 years, 5 years and 11 years of experience.. ours? 1, 1, 3 (quick) 3 (givens), 4 (Pettis).
Not to nitpick, but it's 1 (Austin), 1 (Bailey), 2 (Quick), 2 (Givens), 3 (Pettis). After. this year, they'll have accrued more experience.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
arguments are pointless at this point..
I know I horribly snipped your quote there, but I hope you'll bear with me.

Honestly, arguments are pointless at this point because we don't know how it's going to turn out. History may show Robinson was the right pick (which I of course earnestly hope is the case since Robinson's success implies the Rams' success and no amount of table pounding will change that), or it might show otherwise.

The important thing is that we're all Rams fans at the end of the day, right?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Why give up on our young WR's??? They're UNPROVEN and will have a stellar OL, QB, and running game to compliment them for the first time. No reason to raise a stink!

iced

totally ignored my point... i never blamed their production on clemens, i blamed it on their experience... the receivers that i mentioned? 5 years, 5 years and 11 years of experience.. ours? 1, 1, 3 (quick) 3 (givens), 4 (Pettis)

arguments are pointless at this point.. because you start twisting words to match your argument.... i never even mentioned clemens... only experience..

I'm not twisting words, I apparently made a bad assumption and thought your counter point to their lack of production would be pointing to clemens being the starter and not bradford (in fairness, this is 90% of the responses I've seen or gotten)

But what really inspires confidence in our corps? There were only 2 Receivers in the NFL last year that took the most snaps at Wide receiver for their teams And never reached the end zone - Hakeem Nicks and Chris Givens. Nicks was cut this off season and signed with the colts.

Bailey? Too small of a sample size. Quick? Please, couldn't even get more snaps than Bailey in the last few weeks. In fact he only accounted for like 35 or 40%, 4th among Ram's Receivers.

The part that says it all to me? Tavon Austin, a rookie WR, who only accounted for 42% of offensive snaps, lead the team in receptions. By the way, not only did Givens not get into the endzone while also having less catches than Tavon, he had almost twice as many opportunities (77% of offensive snaps), and he also had one of the highest drop rates in the nfl.

To me, Tavon austin is the only sure thing at receiver. Bailey is a question mark, the rest are not starters...

By the way - our Tight end led the team in receiving, not a receiver...yea some people think that's okay if you Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham - but Jared Cook is no where near their level,imo.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
That the Rams will again have a crap offense.

Or are you saying that because they aren't going to throw it 40 times a game, its not the offense YOU want them to have. Can you tell me where Seattle and San Francisco were ranked in total offense last year? How about 18th and 24th respectively. Kansas City (21st) and Carolina (26th) and yet no one is talking about their "crap offense" are they?

crazyhorns

Rookie
with the secondaries we'll be facing in the NFC West, yea I forsee Sam still getting killed..

It's downright Laughable that people think our receivers are going to be able to contend with Cromartie/Sherman/Patrick Peterson/etc. Guys that are the top of their positions, while our receivers are at the bottom of the pack of their positions

If I'm the Cardinals/Niners/Seahawks, I continue to do the same thing that they do to beat us - Load the box (especially with their elite front sevens), make us one dimensional, play man to man.

Other than Fitzgerald who are those great receivers on those teams that are going to make us respect them in the same way. I believe the Rams receiving corps and FA TE Cook will show significant progress going into this season with Bradford. Also, I believe Britt will be our Ace in the hole. Go Rams

lockdnram21

Legend
Makes two of us :D

I sincerely hope the Rams receivers and Robinson prove me wrong - so I can temper my keg ordering correctly...with devaney I was locked in for atleast 3 kegs, Snead thus far has been much gentler :D:cool:

Still don't get the Mason pick though - I think Drich and Pead are both on notice

notice isnt the word one of them want make it. Probaly D rich because of Peads special team value. But Pead better show why he was a 2nd round pick when they go to camp. on twitter fisher was quoted sayiny they couldnt pass mason up at that point.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Why give up on our young WR's??? They're UNPROVEN and will have a stellar OL, QB, and running game to compliment them for the first time. No reason to raise a stink!
I don't think anyone is giving up on the WRs. They all would have been helped if we had a #1, even if a #1 DID step up from what we already had.

The Rams had a lot of valid choices for ways to go, they chose one. It doesn't mean anyone was proven wrong or deserves to be personally attacked for that. I think that's where this started to get out of hand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
It's one thing for fans of our division opponents to overvalue their players. Now we've gone so far as to admit we have no chance against those secondaries?

I just threw up a bit in mouth just saying that.

Memphis Ram

Legend
By the way - our Tight end led the team in receiving, not a receiver...yea some people think that's okay if you Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham - but Jared Cook is no where near their level,imo.

Fisher's Titans teams had double digit winning seasons where their leading targets were TEs Frank Wychek or Bo Scaife.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't think anyone is giving up on the WRs. They all would have been helped if we had a #1, even if a #1 DID step up from what we already had.

The Rams had a lot of valid choices for ways to go, they chose one. It doesn't mean anyone was proven wrong or deserves to be personally attacked for that. I think that's where this started to get out of hand.

I haven't kept up with this thread, just through out my .02. We needed 1 really good WR, Watkins, or pass on the position all together, maybe a late pick. Not many WR's would have actually helped, IMO. Snisher chose right in not picking one after Watkins. Like you said, a #1 was the only real upgrade to be had at the position.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I haven't kept up with this thread, just through out my .02. We needed 1 really good WR, Watkins, or pass on the position all together, maybe a late pick. Not many WR's would have actually helped, IMO. Snisher chose right in not picking one after Watkins. Like you said, a #1 was the only real upgrade to be had at the position.
Watkins or maybe Evans... but other than that, I agree.

*IF* no one steps up to that #1 role, there are some good ones coming out next year, right?

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do they need multiple DB's to cover our receivers? our receivers struggle with beating man to man coverage - you can't tell me the best in the game are going to need it.

The point I was trying to make was if the opponent has a shut down DB, that one shut down DB can not cover more than one WR at one time. That means there should be another WR or TE or RB that could get open. Plus I think "X" gave several examples of our WR's beating those DB's.

I may have my head in the sand, but I believe there is enough talent on this team with the added draft talent that will be able to win on any given Sunday. I am going to say it now that I think the RAMS win the west this year with a 11-5 or 12-4 record with AZ in second at 10-6, hawks fall to a 8-8 and sf last at 6-8. We go 5-1 in the west with a sweep of last years top two teams and the 2015 schedule has the hawks closing the season @ the RAMS for a change.

Yeah I said it!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Did Seattle have a Sammy Watkins type on their team when they won the Super Bowl? No. In fact, if you saw the info graphic posted during the draft, Seattle only had two drafted receivers out of five last year (Harvin and Taint I believe).

Now, if our defense really ends up being as dominant as it looks like it might be (mainly the front 7), and we have a hardcore running game, WE WILL WIN!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
The point I was trying to make was if the opponent has a shut down DB, that one shut down DB can not cover more than one WR at one time. That means there should be another WR or TE or RB that could get open. Plus I think "X" gave several examples of our WR's beating those DB's.

I may have my head in the sand, but I believe there is enough talent on this team with the added draft talent that will be able to win on any given Sunday. I am going to say it now that I think the RAMS win the west this year with a 11-5 or 12-4 record with AZ in second at 10-6, hawks fall to a 8-8 and sf last at 6-8. We go 5-1 in the west with a sweep of last years top two teams and the 2015 schedule has the hawks closing the season @ the RAMS for a change.

Yeah I said it!

I'm almost there with ya. I think Arizona will take the cake, followed by the Rams, Seattle, and then the Niners.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think of it like this, the 3 games we played vs NFC west teams on the road we could not run a lick and our wr's could not get off press coverage.

As I sit here right now i see nothing changing in that regard.

Robinson is a beast, not disputing that but #'s are #'s and if the D (STILL) has no respect for your pass game they will (continue to) stack the box with 8-9 guys and you lose...every time.

Have at it. That's the point of having Austin, Givens, and Cook. You voluntarily take the top off your own defense and we'll take it.