Fisher & the lack of offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
with the secondaries we'll be facing in the NFC West, yea I forsee Sam still getting killed..

It's downright Laughable that people think our receivers are going to be able to contend with Cromartie/Sherman/Patrick Peterson/etc. Guys that are the top of their positions, while our receivers are at the bottom of the pack of their positions

If I'm the Cardinals/Niners/Seahawks, I continue to do the same thing that they do to beat us - Load the box (especially with their elite front sevens), make us one dimensional, play man to man.
So, the guys whose jobs are solely dependent upon figuring out how to do just that (Fisher/Snead) are ..... stupid?
When they have their QB healthy, they're successful against this division. Even when they don't have their QB they're competitive against them. Maybe -- just maybe -- they have a plan to build upon that success and successfully SCHEME against those teams? I mean, it's possible .... right?

iced

So, the guys whose jobs are solely dependent upon figuring out how to do just that (Fisher/Snead) are ..... stupid?
When they have their QB healthy, they're successful against this division. Even when they don't have their QB they're competitive against them. Maybe -- just maybe -- they have a plan to build upon that success and successfully SCHEME against those teams? I mean, it's possible .... right?

Explain to me whom on the Roster at receiver do you expect to win against those corners in our division, like Sherman, Peterson, Cromartie, etc. ..I'll wait.

And please try to keep a straight face :D

These guys aren't just "good corners" - they're the best in the NFL at the position.....not a description that anyone, without blinders on, would describe a single one of our receivers

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Welp...there's your offense, RFIP. :p

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Explain to me whom on the Roster at receiver do you expect to win against those corners in our division, like Sherman, Peterson, Cromartie, etc. ..I'll wait.

These guys aren't just "good corners" - they're the best in the NFL at the position.....not a description that anyone, without blinders on, would describe a single one of our receivers
Can you name many that DO beat those guys consistently? That aside, I've seen all of our receivers, at one time or another, beat those guys.
Does that answer your question?

Richard+Sherman+Chris+Givens+Seattle+Seahawks+enKbCPVCe1Cl.jpg

And then there's the fact that there are other sides of the field.

Brian+Quick+St+Louis+Rams+v+San+Francisco+t-9h2Ier3kTl.jpg

Bszvmhe.jpg

Rl2bhKY.jpg

Chris+Givens+Seattle+Seahawks+v+St+Louis+Rams+9NeaUiVVplYl.jpg

RamEERS

Pastor

like Sherman, Peterson, Cromartie, etc. ..I'll wait.

Lets look at SEA and SF's WRs ... "
do you expect to win against those corners in our division, like Sherman, Peterson, Cromartie, etc. ..I'll wait.

And please try to keep a straight face :D"

Craptree? Boldin? Harvin? Craptree is a one trick pony, Boldin and Harvin are where they're at by experience (which our receivers are lacking) they're good.. not great
okay.. what if Watkins turns into the next Fitzgerald or better? the Cards are still in the middle of the pack... not winning a lot.. not losing a lot.. and its not because Fitzgerald singlehandly carries the team either... its based on defense, and that's what we're building on

WRs cannot carry the team... its impossible, ask Megatron... even 3 good receivers can't get it done in Thomas, Decker, Welker,

jjab360

Legend

Here's a brilliant idea, if those guys are so damn good, throw somewhere else. :eek:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Dummies, get rid of the bums.

fancents86

Starter
i like where this thread is going. lets diss our receivers we have and state that some guy or guys who have never played in the nfl are automatically better.

Last edited:

PhxRam

If you guys are determined to run this board into the ground I will pull the plug right now.

I come home from work and this is the crap I have to read?

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I am not saying that we have the best WR's but how do these top DB's cover more than one WR at a time? So they have a shut down DB, we pick on the other ones or the LB that are way up in the box to stop the run with a play action.

Everything that has happened so far is all on paper. You still have to play the games. I trust Fisher and his staff, but again I am always a half full type of guy.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah no kidding. CHAMPIONSHIP!

Hey, it's alright, RFIP. I'm just messing around is all. No offense meant at all. See, I'm the forum loon. You can't count on a word I say. :D

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Some serious negativity today. Some of you need to chill out already. Our WR's are not as bad as some seem to think. You know we have the youngest group in the league.
Quick- Sure the jury is still out but I don't think you can rule him out yet. And talking about others on the board..

th

PhxRam

Some serious negativity today. Some of you need to chill out already. Our WR's are not as bad as some seem to think. You know we have the youngest group in the league.
Quick- Sure the jury is still out but I don't think you can rule him out yet. And talking about others on the board..

th

No worries.. Order is soon to be restored.

iced

Craptree? Boldin? Harvin? Craptree is a one trick pony, Boldin and Harvin are where they're at by experience (which our receivers are lacking) they're good.. not great
okay.. what if Watkins turns into the next Fitzgerald or better? the Cards are still in the middle of the pack... not winning a lot.. not losing a lot.. and its not because Fitzgerald singlehandly carries the team either... its based on defense, and that's what we're building on

WRs cannot carry the team... its impossible, ask Megatron... even 3 good receivers can't get it done in Thomas, Decker, Welker,

Like it or not, all those receivers easily outproduced the Rams. The excuse because of "clemens was a qb so they got less opportunities" doesn't fly either when a team passes less yet still has better producing wide outs.

I am not saying that we have the best WR's but how do these top DB's cover more than one WR at a time? So they have a shut down DB, we pick on the other ones or the LB that are way up in the box to stop the run with a play action.

Everything that has happened so far is all on paper. You still have to play the games. I trust Fisher and his staff, but again I am always a half full type of guy.

Why do they need multiple DB's to cover our receivers? our receivers struggle with beating man to man coverage - you can't tell me the best in the game are going to need it.

Here's a brilliant idea, if those guys are so damn good, throw somewhere else. :eek:

I'm sure Sam would agree - but then the fans would continue to just call him captain checkdown :eek:

Can you name many that DO beat those guys consistently? That aside, I've seen all of our receivers, at one time or another, beat those guys.
Does that answer your question?

Richard+Sherman+Chris+Givens+Seattle+Seahawks+enKbCPVCe1Cl.jpg

And then there's the fact that there are other sides of the field.

Brian+Quick+St+Louis+Rams+v+San+Francisco+t-9h2Ier3kTl.jpg

Bszvmhe.jpg

Rl2bhKY.jpg

Chris+Givens+Seattle+Seahawks+v+St+Louis+Rams+9NeaUiVVplYl.jpg

4 TD's in the last 6 games against NFC west opponents says it all - by the way some of these are some old pics, they're not from last season...and i can easily tell some of these came in garbage time, like the Brian Quick touchdown to Trumaine brock came with less than 20 seconds in the game in the 4th qtr when we're getting killed (and also accounts 1 of those few td's in the past games against NFC West opponents)