1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Fisher & the lack of offense

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by RFIP, May 9, 2014.

1. -X- I'm the dude, man.

So, the guys whose jobs are solely dependent upon figuring out how to do just that (Fisher/Snead) are ..... stupid?
    When they have their QB healthy, they're successful against this division. Even when they don't have their QB they're competitive against them. Maybe -- just maybe -- they have a plan to build upon that success and successfully SCHEME against those teams? I mean, it's possible .... right?

2. iced Well-Known Member

Explain to me whom on the Roster at receiver do you expect to win against those corners in our division, like Sherman, Peterson, Cromartie, etc. ..I'll wait.

And please try to keep a straight face :D

These guys aren't just "good corners" - they're the best in the NFL at the position.....not a description that anyone, without blinders on, would describe a single one of our receivers

3. Boffo97 Well-Known Member

Sorry. I misread.

4. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

Welp...there's your offense, RFIP. :p

5. Prime Time RODerator

No worries. :cool:

6. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Can you name many that DO beat those guys consistently? That aside, I've seen all of our receivers, at one time or another, beat those guys.
    Does that answer your question?

[​IMG]

And then there's the fact that there are other sides of the field.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jsimcox, RamFan503, Rabid Ram and 5 others like this.
  7. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

8. RamEERS Pastor

like Sherman, Peterson, Cromartie, etc. ..I'll wait.

Lets look at SEA and SF's WRs ... "
    do you expect to win against those corners in our division, like Sherman, Peterson, Cromartie, etc. ..I'll wait.

And please try to keep a straight face :D"

Craptree? Boldin? Harvin? Craptree is a one trick pony, Boldin and Harvin are where they're at by experience (which our receivers are lacking) they're good.. not great
    okay.. what if Watkins turns into the next Fitzgerald or better? the Cards are still in the middle of the pack... not winning a lot.. not losing a lot.. and its not because Fitzgerald singlehandly carries the team either... its based on defense, and that's what we're building on

WRs cannot carry the team... its impossible, ask Megatron... even 3 good receivers can't get it done in Thomas, Decker, Welker,

9. jjab360 Well-Known Member

Here's a brilliant idea, if those guys are so damn good, throw somewhere else. :eek:

10. Stranger How big is infinity?

Dummies, get rid of the bums.

11. fancents86 Well-Known Member

i like where this thread is going. lets diss our receivers we have and state that some guy or guys who have never played in the nfl are automatically better.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  12. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

If you guys are determined to run this board into the ground I will pull the plug right now.

I come home from work and this is the crap I have to read?

Rabid Ram likes this.
  13. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

you are not helping matters

14. cvramsfan Well-Known Member

I am not saying that we have the best WR's but how do these top DB's cover more than one WR at a time? So they have a shut down DB, we pick on the other ones or the LB that are way up in the box to stop the run with a play action.

Everything that has happened so far is all on paper. You still have to play the games. I trust Fisher and his staff, but again I am always a half full type of guy.

CGI_Ram and -X- like this.
  15. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

Hey, it's alright, RFIP. I'm just messing around is all. No offense meant at all. See, I'm the forum loon. You can't count on a word I say. :D

16. bwdenverram Well-Known Member

Some serious negativity today. Some of you need to chill out already. Our WR's are not as bad as some seem to think. You know we have the youngest group in the league.
    Quick- Sure the jury is still out but I don't think you can rule him out yet. And talking about others on the board..

[​IMG]

17. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

No worries.. Order is soon to be restored.

Rabid Ram, Boffo97 and Faceplant like this.
  18. bwdenverram Well-Known Member

So let it be written, so let it be done fine sir.l

19. LesBaker Mr. Savant

I saw that gif and thought "once again X finds these effed up things and posts them".

But it was you LOL.

20. iced Well-Known Member

Like it or not, all those receivers easily outproduced the Rams. The excuse because of "clemens was a qb so they got less opportunities" doesn't fly either when a team passes less yet still has better producing wide outs.

Why do they need multiple DB's to cover our receivers? our receivers struggle with beating man to man coverage - you can't tell me the best in the game are going to need it.

I'm sure Sam would agree - but then the fans would continue to just call him captain checkdown :eek:

4 TD's in the last 6 games against NFC west opponents says it all - by the way some of these are some old pics, they're not from last season...and i can easily tell some of these came in garbage time, like the Brian Quick touchdown to Trumaine brock came with less than 20 seconds in the game in the 4th qtr when we're getting killed (and also accounts 1 of those few td's in the past games against NFC West opponents)