1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Fisher & the lack of offense

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by RFIP, May 9, 2014.

1. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Got it. You might have to remind me though as I'm watching us pound the rock against the West.

MerlinJones and Mojo Ram like this.
  2. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

We don't pull that crap here.

3. RamsFan14 Well-Known Member

Think of it like this RFIP, the two games we got crushed (Cowboys and 49ers), Bradford was sacked 5 times or more! And it's safe to say those were his worst two games of the season, so getting that extra protection might be better then getting him extra weapons. I feel like Bradford will thrive more if he's really well protected than if he has more playmakers to throw to. That's my personal intake. If Bradford has time in the pocket, his confidence will be high, and it gives our playmakers (fast Tavon Austin and Givens) to get open. Plus, Robinson is going to open the running game even more, which is great for play action passing! All in all, I'm very happy with Robinson pick. Open up running game, open up play action passing, and protect the QB. Tavon Austin will be better too, have to give him a real chance to see what he can do.

NJRamsFan likes this.
  4. MizzOU New Member

Like the name. Did you hear the Mumford and Sons cover of that song? It was good.

As to your post - God forbid Stacey goes down.

RamsOfCastamere likes this.
  5. RamsOfCastamere Well-Known Member

Post a link

6. Prime Time RODerator

Exactly!

The run sets up the pass. We control the clock and our D gives us more opportunities with the ball. It's a basic old-style offense. Fisher tried the GSOT approach for awhile last season and then came to his senses once he realized that we neither had the players or OC to pull that off. This is why the draft is going in the opposite direction of what some here might like.

7. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

I'm looking forward to the times when EVERYONE knows you are going to run and you do and it still works. Nothing better for an offense in my book.

PressureD41 and Ramrasta like this.
  8. Alan Well-Known Member

Our offense was looking pretty good before SB got hurt last year and I think you're underestimating what another year will do for our WRs and how Robinson will impact our run game. Which will in turn improve our passing game. If we can hold on to the passes. :LOL:

9. RFIP Well-Known Member

I think of it like this, the 3 games we played vs NFC west teams on the road we could not run a lick and our wr's could not get off press coverage.

As I sit here right now i see nothing changing in that regard.

Robinson is a beast, not disputing that but #'s are #'s and if the D (STILL) has no respect for your pass game they will (continue to) stack the box with 8-9 guys and you lose...every time.

RamsFan14 likes this.
  10. Boffo97 Well-Known Member

That's actually not what I was saying... I was commenting about becoming insulting towards each other because Guy A doesn't like what the Rams did, and Guy B does. When if the Rams went the other direction, Guy A and Guy B would simply reverse roles.

The Rams didn't draft the way I wanted to. Thus, it sucks to be me. I might vent a bit, but that's normal. It doesn't mean I'm any less of a Rams fan. When they start playing games, I'll be right there with the rest of you hoping for the best.

Some of what's going on in this thread and the earlier thread is crap, and we shouldn't treating Rams brothers and sisters like that over a freaking difference of opinion.

At least, that's just the way I feel.

cvramsfan likes this.
  11. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Bring up points and argue them. Do not use these kinds of terms when talking about Rams players.

Rabid Ram likes this.
  12. MizzOU New Member

At this point my hopes are pinned on Kenny Britt stepping up and providing SB another target.

Apologize for the shot at Quick.

NJRamsFan, PressureD41 and RamFan503 like this.
  13. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Please don't do that. While this board's mission statement isn't to cultivate a group-think mentality of Ram-homerism, we do like to get behind the players when they strap on the helmet we all have grown to love. Especially when that player continually demonstrates that he's dedicated to improving himself and the team. If he doesn't work out, he doesn't work out. We won't be the first (or the last) team to gamble on potential and lose. In the mean time, why not let go of the things you can't control and hope for the best? It makes for a better board experience for everyone else.

PressureD41, Ramrasta, flv and 2 others like this.
  14. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

15. Prime Time RODerator

Maybe I should have divided the word 'Exactly' (which agreed with you) from the rest of the words and made two posts. Sigh...

16. Rambitious1 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, is the draft over?

NJRamsFan and RamFan503 like this.
  17. Sum1 Well-Known Member

Hey, I wanted Watkins as much as anyone...but we have gotten some very good players so far. The coaching staff and GM believes the WRs will develop...maybe they will, maybe they won't. But this regime believes in their plan and they are seeing it through.

18. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

It is. Goodell ragequit when the Rams started killing the draft. :p

NJRamsFan, Rambitious1 and RamEERS like this.
  19. RamEERS Pastor

wow..these posts.. seriously
    most of you guys have madden syndrome... where you think that we should have a GB or denver offense where we keep gunning it and get 63 points a game...
    you might win games with an high powered offense but look at the superbowl this past year.... where was that offense?
    in the end, we did what was needed... if denver's offense cant beat seahawks defense, you really think watkins or any WR in this draft has what it takes to singlehandly beat them?
    think real life, not a video game

20. iced Well-Known Member

with the secondaries we'll be facing in the NFC West, yea I forsee Sam still getting killed..

It's downright Laughable that people think our receivers are going to be able to contend with Cromartie/Sherman/Patrick Peterson/etc. Guys that are the top of their positions, while our receivers are at the bottom of the pack of their positions

If I'm the Cardinals/Niners/Seahawks, I continue to do the same thing that they do to beat us - Load the box (especially with their elite front sevens), make us one dimensional, play man to man.

MizzOU likes this.