Fisher & the lack of offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Amazing (not really) that in the deepest wr draft ever the Rams, with a unit of Quick, Pettis, Givens, Austin, Bailey and Britt have decided to sit it out!

Sickening.
WAS COUNTING DOWN THE THE EVENTUAL POST. JAY ZIGGY IS THAT YOU? :D

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I can't complain; we've just landed 3 serious starters.

fancents86

Starter
I have a feeling that if Jax lets go of Blackmon, Fisher will be giving him a call. I have faith in our recievers that we have to get the job done.

quebecramfan

Rookie
Why do people, year after year, think a rookie wideout will have an immediate impact in the NFL?? It's one of the toughest positions to transition from college to pro... usually a 3 year learning curve.

Build the trenches and the whole team gets better... it's not rocket science... Did Seattle win the Superbowl with a stud WR?

V3

Hall of Fame
I have a feeling that if Jax lets go of Blackmon, Fisher will be giving him a call. I have faith in our recievers that we have to get the job done.

Jacksonville's GM or coach said they don't expect him to play this year.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BAHAHAHAHA!!!

You might be right! They can switch him and Britt on work release!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Why? Outside of the tired, none truth of it takes 3 years for a receiver to do anything has Quick shown anything to suggest he can be a competent starter?

Why? Because I see a guy who has a good work ethic, who has a lot of raw physical ability, who has shown that he can physically dominate at times. Compare him to Roddy White, who was drafted in 2005. White showed absolutely nothing in his first two years. He struggled to learn the playbook (he had a Wonderlic below 10). Falcons fans considered him and Michael Jenkins (2004) to be busts. But in 2007? He became a top ten wide receiver and a bonafide number one. Truth be told, it does take most players - running backs aside - to grow in their third year.

I know that people want to see an instant investment. I'm not at all saying that Quick is going to be like Vincent Jackson, Demaryius Thomas, or Roddy White in that he'll be a number one. But I do believe that he can be a competent receiver who compliments guys like Austin, Bailey, and Givens.

Alan

Legend
MizzOU with with an observation:
Jordan Matthews is better than every WR we have on the roster.
Aaron Donald is better than every other DT in the NFCW. What's your point?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That the Rams will again have a crap offense.
C'mon, man. You never know. No sense in lamenting things that have a 50% chance of being inaccurate.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Once watkins was gone, I stopped caring for or rooting for the Rams. There was only one player, much less position worth drafting... and we dropped the ball. Everyone knows u can't win in the NFL without calvin johnson. Fisher and crew must have sacrificed a goat to get where they are in their profession. Sickening.

No blue font from the phone. Someone call the whambulance...STAT!!

Last edited:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
That the Rams will again have a crap offense.

We'll have a nasty, pound and grind offense, and when the safeties get too close, that's when Bradford connects to Givens, Cook and Austin over the top.

crazyhorns

Rookie
Passing game best friend is a good oline and running game. The Rams have made an effort to improve in those areas. Give these young receivers a chance to develop before you drop them cause you added another young player to the mix.