Fisher Talks Bradford, Tavon And More from the Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Having already been through a franchise’s relocation, Rams coach Jeff Fisher seems the appropriate authority to discuss a potential move to L.A. and also dishes on the future of Sam Bradford in a Rams uniform. He talks to Mike Florio. (10:30)

Watch Fisher Interview

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jeff Fisher talks about how the team misused Tavon Austin in 2014, and how he plans to use the shifty receiver and possible fantasy sleeper in 2015. Fisher: “We’re going to make a concerted effort to get him the ball to him and create matchups…I think we could have done a better job.” He talks with Pete Prisco.

Watch Fisher Talk Tavon

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Jeff Fisher talks about how the team misused Tavon Austin in 2014, and how he plans to use the shifty receiver and possible fantasy sleeper in 2015. Fisher: “We’re going to make a concerted effort to get him the ball to him and create matchups…I think we could have done a better job.” He talks with Pete Prisco.

Watch Fisher Talk Tavon
This makes my blood boil hearing this. Like wtf man. How does that even happen?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Watch Fisher Talk Tavon
Fisher keeps dolling out the accolades for Shotty after his departure. Man, first it was too complicated now this? Yikes. What would he be saying if he didnt like him?? Geesh

RamBill

Legend

Nick Wagoner @nwagoner

Fisher also said that OT Greg Robinson had a surgery on his toe in the offseason but doesn't expect it to be an issue moving forward.

Fisher said decision to hire Weinke based largely on fact that Weinke played in the league. Valued someone who had done it for the job.

On Jake Long, Fisher said his rehab is coming along and team is working to figure out where he could fit aside from LT. Many options in play

Keep in mind that Bradford's second ACL injury happened in August so he has more recovery time anyway.

Fisher said Bradford is "ahead of schedule" in recovery from knee surgery. Said no plans to alter how he's brought along in return.

Rams interviewed Weinke, Jeff Garcia and Steve Walsh (all former NFL QBs) for the quarterbacks coach job before hiring Weinke.

Fisher yet again reiterated desire to bring Bradford back. To the point that Bradford had dinner with Chris Weinke last week before hire.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher says reports of QB Sam Bradford being given permission to seek trade are "inaccurate."

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Fisher yet again reiterated desire to bring Bradford back. To the point that Bradford had dinner with Chris Weinke last week before hire.

Yeah, there's no way Bradford is gone. It's very rare to see coaches respect a QB's opinion as much as Fish obviously does with Bradford.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
"Could do a better job with Tavon"

"Simplify the offense"

I don't necessarily see that as a swipe at Schotty, instead an acknowledgment that we need to change some things to improve the offense.

I'm sure he has a similar list for the defense and special teams.

But I'm glad to hear it.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Fisher said decision to hire Weinke based largely on fact that Weinke played in the league. Valued someone who had done it for the job."

"Rams interviewed Weinke, Jeff Garcia and Steve Walsh (all former NFL QBs) for the quarterbacks coach job before hiring Weinke."

RamBill

Legend
Rams coach Jeff Fisher talks with Pete Prisco about how Sam Bradford is his quarterback and how happy is with Aaron Donald, his prized rookie from 2014.

Watch Fisher Interview

FRO

Legend
Sam is going to be their guy. They are going to improve the backup situation. They are going to try and upgrade the line. It's about the only way they can go about things.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
"Fisher said decision to hire Weinke based largely on fact that Weinke played in the league. Valued someone who had done it for the job."

"Rams interviewed Weinke, Jeff Garcia and Steve Walsh (all former NFL QBs) for the quarterbacks coach job before hiring Weinke."

Now i get it! Bradford will be our QB coach and Weinke will be under center 2015! Go Weinke! :ROFLMAO:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Fisher keeps dolling out the accolades for Shotty after his departure. Man, first it was too complicated now this? Yikes. What would he be saying if he didnt like him?? Geesh
My thoughts, exactly.

V3

Hall of Fame
"Could do a better job with Tavon"

"Simplify the offense"

I don't necessarily see that as a swipe at Schotty, instead an acknowledgment that we need to change some things to improve the offense.

I'm sure he has a similar list for the defense and special teams.

But I'm glad to hear it.
Nice to see it only took him two seasons to realize what everyone else has been saying from the start.

So frustrating.

V3

Hall of Fame
He'd probably be saying the same things. I fully believe Schotty was "highly encouraged" to take another job.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
YES Tavon can beat a man on the outside with ease running a streak . but guess what? he's played only 7 games with a QB that has the arm to get it to him downfield. For all the Tavon haters idk what you'd expect from a Desean Jackson or an ODB Jr. in Tavons position with second and third tier qbs and the oline situation of the last 2 years. i don't see beckam doing that shit in tavon's shoes. certainly not the punt returns and reverses/jet sweeps etc that tavon can do. he can only make the most of what an inept Schotty could think up for him.

jap

Legend
I really don't understand what people are frustrated about. The only Rams QB with the arm and accuracy to consistently find Tavon downtown is Sam. Both Shawn and AD had issues finding Kenny and Brian Quick deep, and these are big guys! How can you expect them to find a little guy like Tavon? They would have needed the arm strength to gun the ball in such a manner as to give opposing DB's as little time as possible to recover and the sheer accuracy to nail a small target amongst bigger defenders. In short, they would have needed to be Sam-esque!

Tavon has played less than seven games with Sam. As a rookie he was probably more overwhelmed than most rookies because he was being counted on to master so many roles. They finally settled on using him as just the punt returner in the special teams roles. However, they experimented with him as a kick returner early on. So Tavon had two special team roles to focus on early on in addition to his receiving and RB duties, and we all saw the early results---he led the NFL in drops early on in 2013. What would have happened in the second half of the 2013 season if Sam had remained healthy?

I am convinced that with a healthy Bradford, the Horns would have made the playoffs in 2013 & 2014. They came close to getting there in 2012 with much less talent!

Finding a competent backup for Sam with arm strength and accuracy is the almost impossible task facing Fisher/Snead. Teams tend to not make such players available often. As important as this is, it is even more important to bolster the OL with as much quality pass blocking talent as possible. With a balanced OL, Sam can become an offensive surgeon and take this team to a much higher level.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Sam is going to be their guy. They are going to improve the backup situation. They are going to try and upgrade the line. It's about the only way they can go about things.
Only if Condon and Sam work with the team to make that happen. I'd hate to see Sam go, but if he's sticking to his guns and wants that outrageous salary from a team that has had his back despite all his injuries, let him kick rocks.
Sam's good, but we're all salivating over a guy who hasn't been able to stay healthy because we haven't had a better option. Maybe it's time to accept that there isn't a better option out there so we lace up a good enough guy and step up every other facet of our game.