Fisher-Talk: Musings on Possible Coaching Staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Personally, I'd love to see New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams come here.

Any other rumors out there about other key coaching positions?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Other than Williams, which was just kind of thrown out there, I haven't heard a single thing about who Fisher would hire. I'm not even sure Williams is actually an option... Not sure how good he would be either, does he fit our system? Plus the Saints had a pretty bad defense all year, so is that a good idea?

Not sure. We'll have to see if Fisher is hired, which is seems so... Otherwise I have no idea who they have planned for his coaching staff, other than apparently a "rock-star" cast, whatever that means.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Gregg Williams runs a 4-3 and is blitz happy. The Saints get lucky w/ turnovers, which helps out that O. So who knows.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
The Saints DC? I think their defense is similar to the old Colts defensive strategy of, "Let the offense kick azz and we can sit back and play prevent D all game."

The Saints D allowed AJ Feeley and the offensive juggernaut that was the 2011 Rams steamroll them this past season. Was Kroenke impressed at the way that all went down or something?Pass.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Tim Hauck will be on Fisher's staff as the secondary coach. I know this guy personally and watched him play throughout his college and pro career. He was under-sized in physical presence, but his mental and physical toughness made up for lack of size. He would bring a great presence to the secondary.

GO RAMS!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
MontanaRamFan said:
Tim Hauck will be on Fisher's staff as the secondary coach. I know this guy personally and watched him play throughout his college and pro career. He was under-sized in physical presence, but his mental and physical toughness made up for lack of size. He would bring a great presence to the secondary.

GO RAMS!
I hope you're right, and I hope your connections continue to give you insider info that you can post here :)

Just tell Tim that we want a top notch DC. No excuses.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
MontanaRamFan said:

GO RAMS!
I'm not doubting you, just wondering how you know this?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
brokeu91 said:
MontanaRamFan said:

GO RAMS!
I'm not doubting you, just wondering how you know this?

Not that I talked to Hauck recently, but a very good friend of mine, who is also a huge Rams fan, and who went to school with him at the Univ. of Montana talked this week.

Anyway, I received a call from my friend yesterday, and he indicated that he had a conversation with Tim. Appearently Hauck was ready to accept a coaching position at Philly, but requested that he be given the weekend to make a final decision. He also made is sound like Fisher wanted him on his staff. Hauck was an assistant coach at the Univ. of Montana when Fisher's son, Brandon, played. He left Montana in 2008 and eventually ended up on Fisher's staff in Tennessee in 2009.

I do know Tim personally. When my son was coming out of high school, he recruited him to play at the Univ. of Montana. I also know his family pretty well.

Now some might think this is crazy, but I think there is a real chance it will happen. If not, I will be the first to serve myself a huge portion of crow. I mentioned this in another thread, and commented that some will say I heard it from a friend who... yada, yada, yada. que REO Speedwagon. :tooth:

GO RAMS!