Fisher, Snead change Rams' outlook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
adamSchein_20091221010902_0_0.JPG

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fsc ... 02_0_0.JPG

1. 2012 offseason champs, 2013 return to the playoffs

Is it too early to pick the St. Louis Rams to make the playoffs in 2013? We are only 48 hours into the offseason period, and we have a winner. Coach Jeff Fisher, general manager Les Snead and the Rams should take a bow. What they have done in reshaping their ballclub has been nothing short of remarkable in a few days.

It isn’t about flashy signings or high risks. The Rams are prepping to build via the draft with a bushel of top picks. And they chose their one huge free-agent move wisely.

If you are a Rams fan, here’s the beauty: You aren’t close to being done yet. And, finally, you have the right football people in place making decisions.

I loved the Rams and Redskins deal (more on Washington later) for both teams. St. Louis employs Sam Bradford. He had a majestic rookie season before slumping because of a new playbook and injuries around him last year. He is a franchise quarterback. There was no need to pluck the talented Robert Griffin III.

Snead and Fisher, as we wrote after the NFL Combine, put a "for sale" sign on the second overall pick, treating it like a trade partner would be trading for the first overall pick and a stud quarterback. It was a smart strategy. Washington, quarterback-starved, took the bait. So now, the Rams have two first-round picks this year, and three in the top 39. They have two first-round picks in 2013 and 2014. This is how you build a winner.

Talking on the SiriusXM Blitz on Wednesday, the new GM was bursting with enthusiasm about the future.

“We looked at who we could pick (with the three picks in the top 39), and we are going to get guys who will contribute this year," Snead said. "And I’m excited for the future. After cutting some veterans, we are the youngest team in the league. We are going to have these young players play together early in their careers. I’m very excited for the second half of this year and into next year.”

And Snead and the Rams have the perfect coach in Fisher, who is a teacher and gets teams to brilliantly overachieve.

St. Louis gave Cortland Finnegan a whopping $50 million for five years. When I pressed Snead if that was worthy money, he said, “In free agency, you ask yourself if you can live with a player, what it is going to be like day in and day out. Jeff had Cortland in Tennessee. We knew the answer. He is in his prime, not slowing down.”

Then Snead quipped, “He had me at Andre Johnson,” speaking of the famous brawl. Snead added:“He is tenacious. He plays hard and urgent. This is who we want to be.”

The Rams will look to add needed talent at receiver and on the interior portion of the offensive line. Snead says the key for the line is to get one that can “jell like a basketball team.”

Smart answers and intelligent thoughts from the Rams? Get used to it. St. Louis.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Nice to hear the props. I have been listening to this clown for years on Siruis with his sarcasm and Rams torching. He was mostly correct at times but it was the manner of which he was communicating it which was extremely irritating. To the point where I just stopped listening to his segment and much prefer Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan.

If this idiot is on board, we can't have many doubters out there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
smram said:
Nice to hear the props. I have been listening to this clown for years on Siruis with his sarcasm and Rams torching. He was mostly correct at times but it was the manner of which he was communicating it which was extremely irritating. To the point where I just stopped listening to his segment and much prefer Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan.

I hear ya, man. Most of the media personalities out there, who weren't directly affiliated with St Louis, were clowning on the Rams last year. Part of the mob mentality, I guess. Who can be the wittiest douchebag? Who can come up with the perfect analogy for the Rams?

[mp3]http://ramsondemand.com/songs/hahaha.mp3[/mp3]

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:
smram said:

I hear ya, man. Most of the media personalities out there, who weren't directly affiliated with St Louis, were clowning on the Rams last year. Part of the mob mentality, I guess. Who can be the wittiest douchebag? Who can come up with the perfect analogy for the Rams?

Yes and in my opinion, he took douchebagness (had to create a word for him) to a new level

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
smram said:
X said:
smram said:

Yes and in my opinion, he took douchebagness (had to create a word for him) to a new level
Sorry to correct you, but the exact terminology is "douchebaggery". Write it down, Jamie Duncanhead. :razzed:

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:
smram said:
X said:
smram said:

Sorry to correct you, but the exact terminology is "douchebaggery". Write it down, Jamie Duncanhead. :razzed:

Nice. :hehe:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
smram said:
X said:
smram said:

Yeah I agree. Schein is a total douche. He makes other douche's jealous of his ginormous amount of douchebaggery. He really has elevated the science of douchebaggology to new heights.