Fisher: Saffold Dislocated shoulder...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
per JT...
Fisher says RT Rodger Saffold dislocated his (left) shoulder against Cleveland and could miss a couple of preseason games.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
As long as he's back for the regular season.

Yeah, that's critical.

However, he needed the reps at RT with the ones.

And can we really trust Saffold to stay on the field all season? I have my doubts.

This could be an omen that he is gone next year.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I wasn't surprised at all when he went down, I was thinking to myself, thats why we brought in Jake Long.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Talk about snakebit. The guy has plenty of talent but you have to wonder if his body is suited for the NFL.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm ok with Barksdale getting the reps.

Saffold hasnt proven to stay healthy and he may not be here next year anyway.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
He injured his shoulder reaching for the DL after he got beat. That's not a freak injury. His body just can't handle anything other than being in bubble wrap.

Can you imagine the catastrophe if we didn't land Jake Long?

And there were those posters who didn't want him. They thought Saffold was just fine at LOT. Head scratcher. big time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:
He injured his shoulder reaching for the DL after he got beat. That's not a freak injury. His body just can't handle anything other than being in bubble wrap.

And there were those posters who didn't want him. They thought Saffold was just fine at LOT. Head scratcher. big time.
I thought Saffold *was* just fine at LT. Aside from the slightly above average amount of false start penalties, he actually graded out pretty high last year, and ahead of Jake Long in most metrics. That said, Jake Long (IMO) is an obvious upgrade. And like you said, if we didn't land him, we're in a pot right now.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
BigRamFan said:
Talk about snakebit. The guy has plenty of talent but you have to wonder if his body is suited for the NFL.

He has rotten luck, all of his injuries have been the fluky type. It's like he's a magnet for mistakes that ding him up.

I hope he comes back in a couple of weeks and is fine. Sometimes a shoulder separation can take a few weeks to heal totally though. If he's in a sling for a week or more he may have to rehab for a couple of weeks after to get rest and make sure the swelling is down.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
X said:
max said:

I thought Saffold *was* just fine at LT. Aside from the slightly above average amount of false start penalties, he actually graded out pretty high last year, and ahead of Jake Long in most metrics. That said, Jake Long (IMO) is an obvious upgrade. And like you said, if we didn't land him, we're in a pot right now.

Weren't you concerned that Saffold was injury prone? I was. I just had nightmares that he couldn't hold up for an entire season and we just can't risk that with Sam another year.

Saffold is playing for a big payday this year. He needs to play 16 strong games or he ain't getting what he wants. The jury is out.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
LesBaker said:
BigRamFan said:

He has rotten luck, all of his injuries have been the fluky type. It's like he's a magnet for mistakes that ding him up.

I hope he comes back in a couple of weeks and is fine. Sometimes a shoulder separation can take a few weeks to heal totally though. If he's in a sling for a week or more he may have to rehab for a couple of weeks after to get rest and make sure the swelling is down.

How was that a fluke injury last night???

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:
X said:
max said:

Weren't you concerned that Saffold was injury prone? I was. I just had nightmares that he couldn't hold up for an entire season and we just can't risk that with Sam another year.

Saffold is playing for a big payday this year. He needs to play 16 strong games or he ain't getting what he wants. The jury is out.
Of course I was concerned. I had a rather lengthy back-n-forth with someone prior to 2012 about my concerns over O-line health too. It's a reoccurring theme, and I'm not sure what to make of it. It's bizarre. At some point this team has to catch a break. And I'm sure Bradford shares the sentiment.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
max said:
LesBaker said:
BigRamFan said:

I meant it as a normal looking thing or play and he comes out of it hurt.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rabid Ram said:
Wow and hes wonders why he was replaced

This.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it's a positive that barksdale gets some reps with the 1sts in preseason because he will surely be needed during the regular season after saffold goes down again for a few weeks.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
LesBaker said:
max said:
LesBaker said:
BigRamFan said:

I meant it as a normal looking thing or play and he comes out of it hurt.

Heck, when you get hurt on a normal looking play that makes you injury prone.

I just heard Softli and D'Marco both agree that Saffold is injury prone. They said he's tough but injury prone.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
max said:
X said:
max said:

I agree. Put him in the Donnie Avery file as far as i'm concerned. Good guy,talented...but doesn't have a body built to play NFL football week in and week out.
2010-played a full season
2011-Neck injury-missed 7 games
2012-weightlifting injury(muscle)-missed 6 games
2013-shoulder-???

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Not reliable enough for us to pay him a higher contract. I guess we know what position we should shoot for in the draft next year.