Fisher rumor mill: Now it's bout money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
squeaky wheel said:
Faceplant said:
squeaky wheel said:
Ram Quixote said:
I just find it odd to be the one waiting for proof that Fisher can be the man, while you're at the reins of the bandwagon. :razzed:

It is odd since I'm not a lockstep homer. I'm generally a contrarian....yet I find myself on this topic to be mainstream.....but not a lemming since I've wanted him as Rams HC since Martz left. I see it as the herd having caught up with me. :sly: I must say congrats on your "show me" attitude if only on this potential Rams story. :tooth:

So do you prefer Fisher to Marty? If so, why? Just curious....

Yes I prefer him to Marty. Marty has been away from the game too long IMO.

Interesting. Marty has been away, what..3 years? Vermeil had been away how long before coming back? Last time Marty coached, he had a high flying offense and went 14-2. That team would still be playing right now if he was HC. How did Fishers last team look?

Anonymous

Username said:
squeaky wheel said:
He was one of a kind.....regrettably it was his audience and his language targeting same that kept his views marginalized. He is missed.

Marginalized by whom? Dipshits?

Marginalized as in self imposed. Most people that were Carlin fans could recite the 7 words you can't say on the radio.....but were clueless as to The Bill of Rights. IOW they were tuned out.....to their/our detriment. (Can you hear the imminent ship collision siren? Doc is swirling his stethoscope above his head ready to lasso a 'politics' post out of the Rams forum! :rofl: )

Anonymous

Faceplant said:
squeaky wheel said:
Faceplant said:
squeaky wheel said:
Ram Quixote said:
I just find it odd to be the one waiting for proof that Fisher can be the man, while you're at the reins of the bandwagon. :razzed:

It is odd since I'm not a lockstep homer. I'm generally a contrarian....yet I find myself on this topic to be mainstream.....but not a lemming since I've wanted him as Rams HC since Martz left. I see it as the herd having caught up with me. :sly: I must say congrats on your "show me" attitude if only on this potential Rams story. :tooth:

Interesting. Marty has been away, what..3 years? Vermeil had been away how long before coming back? Last time Marty coached, he had a high flying offense and went 14-2. That team would still be playing right now if he was HC. How did Fishers last team look?

Marty has been away 5 years and he's 67 years old. Marty with as strong as teams as he had....never won a conference title.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
squeaky wheel said:
Faceplant said:
squeaky wheel said:
Faceplant said:
squeaky wheel said:
Ram Quixote said:

Marty has been away 5 years and he's 67 years old. Marty with as strong as teams as he had....never won a conference title.

3 years, 5 years...whatever. Fisher has one conference championship, and that one took an absolute miracle to happen. Marty > Fish head IMO.....

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
squeaky wheel said:
Username said:
squeaky wheel said:
He was one of a kind.....regrettably it was his audience and his language targeting same that kept his views marginalized. He is missed.

Marginalized as in self imposed. Most people that were Carlin fans could recite the 7 words you can't say on the radio.....but were clueless as to The Bill of Rights. IOW they were tuned out.....to their/our detriment. (Can you hear the imminent ship collision siren? Doc is swirling his stethoscope above his head ready to lasso a 'politics' post out of the Rams forum! :rofl: )

They were turned out? I don't understand.

Anonymous

Username said:
squeaky wheel said:
Username said:
squeaky wheel said:

They were turned out? I don't understand.

Tuned out.....as in Turn on, tune out.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'm sure there was plenty of people who only heard the words and laughed in embarrassment, not even understanding the piece in its entirety. Still doesn't take away from its brilliance either.

The fact of them laughing hysterically or of people being appalled and turned away by simple "magical" words is the point in general.

Still I don't think it's that big of a deal.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, if we're going to go off-topic, then go REALLY off-topic. Quit being pansies.

[nbc]727504[/nbc]

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
Yeah, if we're going to go off-topic, then go REALLY off-topic. Quit being pansies.

Say hi to ya mother for me! :mrgreen:

Hey whens the last time PhxRam was on? He been around lately? I guess ramsvids is using Wordpress now. I just had to register and I'm waiting for an approval email.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's on pretty often. I'm sure he'll see this message. You could always PM him too if you want.