Fisher rumor mill: Now it's bout money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BuiltRamTough said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:
I think everyone has to calm down its only been 1 week since his interview their just goin back and for it's not like the seasons going to start Monday plus were interviewing other candidates so if fisher chooses the Phins we will get a coach ASAP if we got true the grueling lock out all those months this shouldn't be so nerve reckoning just smoke a bidi ;)
I'm calm, I'm just more than a little disappointed in this amateurish style of negotiation by using media via surrogates planting fake stories. This looks badly both on Fisher and his supposes genius agent, Kevin Demoff's dad.
I hear you but at  the end of the day this is a business Fisher and his agent could care less what we think of them never under estimate money.
It's an "Entertainment" Business, and therefore public perception, especially from the target audience (ie Rams fans), is extremely important.

Also, the handling of this affair shows poor judgement on the part of Fisher and his agent, because they are not managing public communication very well, and are trying to deceive their audience. Why didn't they just announce that they were in negotiations with both clubs and leave it at that? Why are the stupid rumors being seeded by Fisher affiliate? It's amateur hour.

If Fisher handles his negotiations like this, then how are we to expect him to handle sensitive matters while in power at Rams Park? I'm not liking what I'm seeing, and therefore wonder if we're getting what we think we are.

Anonymous

interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:
I think everyone has to calm down its only been 1 week since his interview their just goin back and for it's not like the seasons going to start Monday plus were interviewing other candidates so if fisher chooses the Phins we will get a coach ASAP if we got true the grueling lock out all those months this shouldn't be so nerve reckoning just smoke a bidi ;)
I'm calm, I'm just more than a little disappointed in this amateurish style of negotiation by using media via surrogates planting fake stories. This looks badly both on Fisher and his supposes genius agent, Kevin Demoff's dad.
I hear you but at  the end of the day this is a business Fisher and his agent could care less what we think of them never under estimate money.
It's an "Entertainment" Business, and therefore public perception, especially from the target audience (ie Rams fans), is extremely important.

Also, the handling of this affair shows poor judgement on the part of Fisher and his agent, because they are not managing public communication very well, and are trying to deceive their audience. Why didn't they just announce that they were in negotiations with both clubs and leave it at that? Why are the stupid rumors being seeded by Fisher affiliate? It's amateur hour.

If Fisher handles his negotiations like this, then how are we to expect him to handle sensitive matters while in power at Rams Park? I'm not liking what I'm seeing, and therefore wonder if we're getting what we think we are.

:roll:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Could it be a bad case of the pathetic dehumanized sports media reports, rumors,remedies and rudimentary bullshit having some sort of effect on each of us?

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:

So your saying this is a turn off because Fisher is greedy ? Come on please as soon as theres a press conference to introduce him as our coach or the dolphins all this would be forgotten same was said about the lock out fans crying this and that as soon as the first kickoff was underway know one gave a dam to us its entertainment business but not to them all I'm saying I would do the same thing if I was in his shoes.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BuiltRamTough said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:

So your saying this is a turn off because Fisher is greedy ? Come on please as soon as theres a press conference to introduce him as our coach or the dolphins all this would be forgotten same was said about the lock out fans crying this and that as soon as the first kickoff was underway know one gave a dam to us its entertainment business but not to them all I'm saying I would do the same thing if I was in his shoes.
it's a turnoff because they are amateurs who are being deceptive, and it's very transparent.

Bottom line, i dont appreciate their means (methods).

I dont give a damn about how much we pay our HC, but i do care about him trying to exploit public opinion, with a bunch of planted rumors, in order to try and get his way.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
squeaky wheel said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:

Don't roll your eyes. If this were any coach besides Fisher you'd be right with interference.

Show Me squeaky has lost his objectivity. :?!: :twisted:

Me? I'm with X. I'll continue to peruse these posts, but I've got no stake in this. Other than getting the Rams a good GM and HC. But whoever that is, he'll have to show me. :mrgreen:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:

it's a turnoff because they are amateurs who are being deceptive, and it's very transparent.

Bottom line, i dont appreciate their means (methods).

I dont give a damn about how much we pay our HC, but i do care about him trying to exploit public opinion, with a bunch of planted rumors, in order to try and get his way.

I agree. You didn't see John Fox do this shit w/ Denver last year.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
In an NFL interpreted version for fans, the ones who PAY their hard earned money to see a home resided team or away die-hard fans who contribute to the overall success of the National Football League especially in this putrid state of the economy and our lives...

As is typically the case with Carlin... LANGUAGE:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO7gixwPR5g[/youtube]

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
BatteringRambo said:
Could it be a bad case of the pathetic dehumanized sports media reports, rumors,remedies and rudimentary BS having some sort of effect on each of us?

Possibly.... :p

steferfootball

Starter
BatteringRambo said:
In an NFL interpreted version for fans, the ones who PAY their hard earned money to see a home resided team or away die-hard fans who contribute to the overall success of the National Football League especially in this putrid state of the economy and our lives...

Was this a comedy gig?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
BatteringRambo said:

Was this a comedy gig?
Nope. Well, not necessarily anyway. Carlin always held those beliefs.

Anonymous

X said:
steferfootball said:
BatteringRambo said:

Was this a comedy gig?
Nope. Well, not necessarily anyway. Carlin always held those beliefs.

He was one of a kind.....regrettably it was his audience and his language targeting same that kept his views marginalized. He is missed.

Anonymous

Ram Quixote said:
squeaky wheel said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:

Don't roll your eyes. If this were any coach besides Fisher you'd be right with interference.

Me? I'm with X. I'll continue to peruse these posts, but I've got no stake in this. Other than getting the Rams a good GM and HC. But whoever that is, he'll have to show me. :mrgreen:

I will :roll: because this is BUSINESS. He's the PRIZE and at least two billionaires are vying for him. He's clearly the best option out there. If you need a distraction....how about Warner or Bulger? :razzed:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
squeaky wheel said:
Ram Quixote said:
squeaky wheel said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:
interference said:
BuiltRamTough said:

I will :roll: because this is BUSINESS. He's the PRIZE and at least two billionaires are vying for him. He's clearly the best option out there. If you need a distraction....how about Warner or Bulger? :razzed:
I just find it odd to be the one waiting for proof that Fisher can be the man, while you're at the reins of the bandwagon. :razzed:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Honestly, I would rather have Schotty and Haley as OC than Fisher and whoever. Why did we not interview the Schottster???

Anonymous

Ram Quixote said:
I just find it odd to be the one waiting for proof that Fisher can be the man, while you're at the reins of the bandwagon. :razzed:

It is odd since I'm not a lockstep homer. I'm generally a contrarian....yet I find myself on this topic to be mainstream.....but not a lemming since I've wanted him as Rams HC since Martz left. I see it as the herd having caught up with me. :sly: I must say congrats on your "show me" attitude if only on this potential Rams story. :tooth:

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
squeaky wheel said:
Ram Quixote said:

It is odd since I'm not a lockstep homer. I'm generally a contrarian....yet I find myself on this topic to be mainstream.....but not a lemming since I've wanted him as Rams HC since Martz left. I see it as the herd having caught up with me. :sly: I must say congrats on your "show me" attitude if only on this potential Rams story. :tooth:

So do you prefer Fisher to Marty? If so, why? Just curious....

Anonymous

Faceplant said:
squeaky wheel said:
Ram Quixote said:

Yes I prefer him to Marty. Marty has been away from the game too long IMO.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
squeaky wheel said:
He was one of a kind.....regrettably it was his audience and his language targeting same that kept his views marginalized. He is missed.

Marginalized by whom? Dipshits?

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
squeaky wheel said:
Faceplant said:
squeaky wheel said:
Ram Quixote said:

Yes I prefer him to Marty. Marty has been away from the game too long IMO.

Interesting. Marty has been away, wht..3 years? Last time he coached he had a high flying offense and went 14-2. That team would still be playing right now if he was still HC. How did Fishers last team look?