Fisher records (offense)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This isn't a slight of Fisher or a comparison to any other coach. Merely a compilation of the rankings of his offenses (in points scored), when they went to the playoffs, how far they got, and the rankings of the teams they faced in said playoffs.

1994 - 14.6 PPG, ranked last in NFL
1995 - 21.8 PPG, ranked 15th in NFL
1996 - 21.6 PPG, ranked 10th in NFL
1997 - 20.8 PPG, ranked 14th in NFL
1998 - 20.6 PPG, ranked 13th in NFL
1999 - 24.5 PPG, ranked 7th in NFL - Playoffs - AFC Champs - lost to Rams in SB (1st ranked offense, 4th ranked D)
2000 - 21.6 PPG, ranked 13th in NFL - Playoffs - lost to Ravens 1st round (14th ranked offense, 1st ranked D)
2001 - 21.0 PPG, ranked 12th in NFL
2002 - 22.9 PPG, ranked 13th in NFL - Playoffs - lost to Raiders in Conference game (2nd ranked offense, 6th ranked D)
2003 - 27.2 PPG, ranked 5th in NFL - Playoffs - lost to Patriots in Div game - (12th ranked O, 1st ranked D)
2004 - 21.5 PPG, ranked 15th in NFL
2005 - 18.7 PPG, ranked 21st in NFL
2006 - 20.2 PPG, ranked 16th in NFL
2007 - 18.8 PPG, ranked 22th in NFL - Playoffs - lost wildcard game to Chargers (5th ranked offense, 5th ranked D)
2008 - 23.4 PPG, ranked 14th in NFL - Playoffs - lost Div game to Ravens - (11th ranked offense, 3rd ranked D)
2009 - 22.1 PPG, ranked 16th in NFL
2010 - 22.2 PPG, ranked 17th in NFL

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
2003 - 27.2 PPG, ranked 5th in NFL - Playoffs - lost to Patriots in Div game - (12th ranked O, 1st ranked D)

they probably would have won that game if drew bennett didn't have hands of stone. he dropped a pretty easy pass (in that he was way over the patriot defenders and the ball hit him square in the hands) on 4th down inside the redzone in the last minute of play.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
This isn't a slight of Fisher or a comparison to any other coach. Merely a compilation of the rankings of his offenses (in points scored), when they went to the playoffs, how far they got, and the rankings of the teams they faced in said playoffs.

1994 - 14.6 PPG, ranked last in NFL
1995 - 21.8 PPG, ranked 15th in NFL
1996 - 21.6 PPG, ranked 10th in NFL
1997 - 20.8 PPG, ranked 14th in NFL
1998 - 20.6 PPG, ranked 13th in NFL
1999 - 24.5 PPG, ranked 7th in NFL - Playoffs - AFC Champs - lost to Rams in SB (1st ranked offense, 4th ranked D)
2000 - 21.6 PPG, ranked 13th in NFL - Playoffs - lost to Ravens 1st round (14th ranked offense, 1st ranked D)
2001 - 21.0 PPG, ranked 12th in NFL
2002 - 22.9 PPG, ranked 13th in NFL - Playoffs - lost to Raiders in Conference game (2nd ranked offense, 6th ranked D)
2004 - 21.5 PPG, ranked 15th in NFL
2005 - 18.7 PPG, ranked 21st in NFL
2006 - 20.2 PPG, ranked 16th in NFL
2007 - 18.8 PPG, ranked 22th in NFL - Playoffs - lost wildcard game to Chargers (5th ranked offense, 5th ranked D)
2008 - 23.4 PPG, ranked 14th in NFL - Playoffs - lost Div game to Ravens - (11th ranked offense, 3rd ranked D)
2009 - 22.1 PPG, ranked 16th in NFL
2010 - 22.2 PPG, ranked 17th in NFL
Ranking smankings.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
DR RAM said:
Ranking smankings.

Idk man, that's 17 years of comparison.

Still, all these numbers are above anything the Rams have been in the past 8 years. :boohoo:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:
DR RAM said:
Ranking smankings.

Idk man, that's 17 years of comparison.

Still, all these numbers are above anything the Rams have been in the past 8 years. :boohoo:
Ranking don't mean anything to me either way.

The two top ranked teams going into the playoffs have the two worst defensive rankings. For me, wins and losses mean everything, it's the only thing that matters, stat wise. 17 years is impressive though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
They should. Of the last 5 Superbowl Winners, the winning team was either ranked 1 or 2 in offense or defense. With the exception of the Giants, of course. They pulled it out with a middle of the pack offense AND defense.
Largely in part to one Steve Spagnuolo. :wahhh:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
They should. Of the last 5 Superbowl Winners, the winning team was either ranked 1 or 2 in offense or defense. With the exception of the Giants, of course. They pulled it out with a middle of the pack offense AND defense.
Well, they don't. San Diego was ranked #1 in both offense and defense last season. Where did that get them?

It doesn't hurt to have a top ranked offense or defense, I'm not saying that. But how the hell is anyone going to be able to analyze Fisher based just on his offensive rankings? Last year GB was rated #9 in total offense and #5 in total defense, but were one game from missing the playoffs. This year they are ranked dead last in defense, and #3 in offense and were nearly undefeated. :popcorn:

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
Well, they don't. San Diego was ranked #1 in both offense and defense last season. Where did that get them?

It doesn't hurt to have a top ranked offense or defense, I'm not saying that. But how the hell is anyone going to be able to analyze Fisher based just on his offensive rankings? Last year GB was rated #9 in total offense and #5 in total defense, but were one game from missing the playoffs. This year they are ranked dead last in defense, and #3 in offense and were nearly undefeated. :popcorn:

They were looking pretty good till they were introduced to Chris Long.

4cbb617e0b190.image.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

Chargers? You're talking about points, or yards? Points they were 2nd on O, 10th on D.

I get what you're saying, but I wasn't "analyzing" Fisher. I was just interested in where his offenses ranked while he was coach, because that's been the achilles heel of this team for years now. It was more for my information, and I figured I'd pass it on since I took the time to dig it out. It wasn't to prove any kind of point. One thing is for certain though. If you want to get anywhere in today's league, you better be able to score points. Or have a ridiculous defense.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

Chargers? You're talking about points, or yards? Points they were 2nd on O, 10th on D.

I get what you're saying, but I wasn't "analyzing" Fisher. I was just interested in where his offenses ranked while he was coach, because that's been the achilles heel of this team for years now. It was more for my information, and I figured I'd pass it on since I took the time to dig it out. It wasn't to prove any kind of point. One thing is for certain though. If you want to get anywhere in today's league, you better be able to score points. Or have a ridiculous defense.
I was talking 2010 Charger's total offense and defense rankings. You used total offense ranking, correct?

I absolutely agree that we need offense to win in this league toady, I've been harping on it since Shurmer was calling the plays. There is no such thing as winning by too many points, and I believe that we lost games because we thought that we could control the game with a slight lead. That fact never seemed to change under Spags watch.

And for the record, I'm not really trying to bust your balls (although sometimes they get in the way :sly: ), I was just stating my opinion about how I feel about stats. If I was to analyze Fisher's offense. I'd look at every year that he coached: (exhausting) who his quarterbacks were; how many sacks did the line give up; what was the strength of the schedule; did they have any specific long term injuries for the season; were they weak at running back or wide receiver; and most importantly what was their W/L record.

If we believe that circumstances can dictate records, and yards by proxy, probably, which I can safely say that we both do, then how can you judge Fisher's offense based on total offensive stats only (rhetorical). Sorry man, I'm just wired in to what's going to happen--I'm on edge. Rams can't fuck this up this time...I'm tired of losing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
If we believe that circumstances can dictate records, and yards by proxy, probably, which I can safely say that we both do, then how can you judge Fisher's offense based on total offensive stats only (rhetorical). Sorry man, I'm just wired in to what's going to happen--I'm on edge. Rams can't fuck this up this time...I'm tired of losing.
Totally agree. I'm not about to go through those exhaustive measures though. However, I did analyze his two bad years wherein he finished 5-11 and 4-12 respectively. TONS of circumstances beyond his control then. Tons. And like every head coach that preceded and PROceeded him, he was adversely affected by said circumstances. And I'd be willing to bet my house + my car, that while he was struggling through those circumstances, there were some fans that questioned his game-day decisions and/or how he handled his players.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

I was talking 2010 Charger's total offense and defense rankings. You used total offense ranking, correct?

I absolutely agree that we need offense to win in this league toady, I've been harping on it since Shurmer was calling the plays. There is no such thing as winning by too many points, and I believe that we lost games because we thought that we could control the game with a slight lead. That fact never seemed to change under Spags watch.

And for the record, I'm not really trying to bust your balls (although sometimes they get in the way :sly: ), I was just stating my opinion about how I feel about stats. If I was to analyze Fisher's offense. I'd look at every year that he coached: (exhausting) who his quarterbacks were; how many sacks did the line give up; what was the strength of the schedule; did they have any specific long term injuries for the season; were they weak at running back or wide receiver; and most importantly what was their W/L record.

If we believe that circumstances can dictate records, and yards by proxy, probably, which I can safely say that we both do, then how can you judge Fisher's offense based on total offensive stats only (rhetorical). Sorry man, I'm just wired in to what's going to happen--I'm on edge. Rams can't freak this up this time...I'm tired of losing.

Rams can't freak this up this time...I'm tired of losing

This.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
Totally agree. I'm not about to go through those exhaustive measures though. However, I did analyze his two bad years wherein he finished 5-11 and 4-12 respectively. TONS of circumstances beyond his control then. Tons. And like every head coach that preceded and PROceeded him, he was adversely affected by said circumstances. And I'd be willing to bet my house + my car, that while he was struggling through those circumstances, there were some fans that questioned his game-day decisions and/or how he handled his players.
They had front office issues and cap clearing agendas, active cancerous players, as well as tons of other stuff. I agree.

I HIGHLY respect any man that can control a team (not lose them) for as long as he did, and that is the most telling thing about Fisher. He's a players coach, the players love and respect him. That's what we want, it will add continuity to what Spags started. We will just need to get some good offensive coaches, and a GM that knows what the heck he is doing and what this team needs.