Fisher Presser Quotes and Notes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
St. Louis Rams @STLouisRams

Fisher: "We're starting to game plan to figure out who's going to be on the 46 and things like that."

Fisher: "There's going to be some movement on the roster."

Fisher: "We're not going to overreact. We're going to apply patience to this situation."

Fisher: "The quarterback position is a position we're going to address."

Fisher: "We made football decisions with respect to our draft choices and with respect to our undrafted free agents."

Fisher on Michael Sam: "He's a much better player now than he was when he got here."

Fisher on Michael Sam: "Mike's got the ability. Mike played well. He has the ability to play some place. It's got to be the right place."

Fisher on Ethan Westbrooks: "He was very, very productive in the preseason for us and played all four spots."

Fisher on the #Rams defensive line: "It's the strength of our football team."

Fisher on Michael Sam: "I was pulling for Mike."

Fisher: "I can't say that we're done."

Fisher: "Some may be coming back, you may see them Sunday on practice squad."

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

Fisher said cutting Sam was not a difficult decision. Cited roster strength; noted a 6th rounder & all four 7th rounders did not make cut

Fisher says there are no challenges if Sam gets a second opportunity somewhere else. "He just kept his head down and work." Praised "motor."

Fisher: "I was pulling for him. It just didn't work out."

Listening to Jeff Fisher, I would say Michael Sam is not guaranteed a practice squad spot because of other position needs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Said Westbrooks has really bright future in the NFL.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Fisher: "The quarterback position is a position we're going to address."

edit- someone clearly beat me to it

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
I cant get the presser to play. It gets stuck on the Imo pizza commercial.. grrrr

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Interesting...
Need a backup to Hill. Someone who has experience. Can you imagine Hill and the Rams sitting at 8-4 in week 12 and BAM! Hill goes down to injury and we look to Austin Davis to lead us to a playoff birth?
Talk about heartbreak and looking back with regret.

jjab360

Legend
Need a backup to Hill. Someone who has experience. Can you imagine Hill and the Rams sitting at 8-4 in week 12 and BAM! Hill goes down to injury and we look to Austin Davis to lead us to a playoff birth?
Talk about heartbreak and looking back with regret.
I don't know, Davis has looked better than Kellen Clemens did last year more often than not. He also knows the playbook better than anybody else we could bring in.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Apparently we're adding a QB, and there are reports we're interested in Pryor. I don't like it much, but as a 3rd string he'd almost never see the field anyway.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Doesn't sound like MSam is being targeted for the practice squad.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jim Thomas @jthom1

Fisher said there probably will be some roster adjustments between now and Minnesota game. This is the first 53, not the final 53.

Fisher by the way personally talks to every released player when they are cut. Not every NFL coach does that.

Said he plans to meet with Sam tomorrow to further discuss reasons for releasing him.

Said he talked with Sam on the phone about an hour before the press conference, since Sam was in Columbia watching Mizzou.

Fisher said the decision on Sam wasn’t a tough decision, it was a football decision.

Nick Wagoner @nwagoner

Fisher makes it clear more roster maneuvering to come. Specifically mentions linebacker and quarterback as spots they’ll monitor.

Fisher spoke to Sam more than an hour ago but plans to meet with him Sunday to talk to him face to face like he does with all cut players.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher emphasized decision to release Michael Sam was a “football decision.” Ethan Westbrooks simply outperformed Sam.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't know, Davis has looked better than Kellen Clemens did last year more often than not. He also knows the playbook better than anybody else we could bring in.
Austin Davis has no clue what pressure is. None. Clemens does, and he performed admirably.
There's no way that i would want to hand over the car keys to a QB who has never played in a game in the circumstance i laid out above. No fucking way. I'd rather have a vet in there if we're sniffing a winning season and playoffs.