Fisher on the Jim Rome Show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

X said:
[rome][/rome]

Naturally, of course, plus obviously, I liked the following quotation:

Rome: why did Bradford have such a tough time last season

Fisher: it was clear and obvious to us...it was a change in the offensive system, his 2nd in 2 years, and then with the lockout there wasn't a chance to install, and then people started getting hurt around him, and they had trouble protecting him...the injury situation here last year was extraordinary...you have to delete last year, and look back to the way he played his rookie year under Pat Shurmur who did a great job with him...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
deleteButton(1).jpg

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Is there a bigger douche in the sports talk game than Jim Rome?
LOL Fisher is growing on me, though. Nice responses.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
raised_fisT said:
He's definitely in the top 2.

I actually like Frank Cliendo's impression of Rome more than I like Rome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8BZjcP3qU[/youtube]

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
... thanks X -- I think Jeff Fisher is confident he can turn this around quickly starting with an aggressive defense.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
raised_fisT said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8BZjcP3qU[/youtube]

I just flat out refuse to even listen to anything rome says.

It's a fucking shame that Jim Everett didn't just put that punk ass poser out of her misery years ago.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I dunno. Rome doesn't bug me. But then again, he has been doing his shtick around Southern Cal for years. And sorry but that whole Chrissy thing came at a time when I was calling for Chrissy's head too. Good interview regardless.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Selassie I said:
X said:
raised_fisT said:

I just flat out refuse to even listen to anything rome says.

It's a fucking shame that Jim Everett didn't just put that punk ass poser out of her misery years ago.

I agree. Everett should have knocked his punk ass out. :box:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8[/youtube]

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm one of the few that have listened to Rome since, OMG, the early 1990's when 570 KLAC first gave him a mic. He is abrasive, but genius and can have some great stuff among his rants. It's crazy how big he has become. He used to take a ton of phone calls in the early days and then he slowly pulled back on the calls, did more interviews and created an original format of sports rants. Stern also didn't take a lot of calls, but Stern had/has a room full of personalities he would talk to on the air and they laughed at anything he said, Rome just did it by himself. Dan Patrick also has a room full of guys, is great and I really enjoy him too. I did love when Jim Everett flipped the table and put Rome in his place. I recently saw where Everett spoke about that Rome moment being what people remember most about him. He said he was actually contacted by guys that went to school with Rome and they said he was just as clueless about how big his mouth was then and that they were happy someone finally shut him up.
So, I listen to Rome and the clones because it has up to the minute sports takes with an element of "where the hell is this rant going" thrown in.
Thanks for this link, Fisher has really grown on me. I mean, big time. Rams are going to be feared and I like that. SOSAR NO MORE!