Fisher on how the Rams offense will adjust without Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

If he doesn't mutter "we will play good football with.." I have no desire to watch it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If he doesn't mutter "we will play good football with.." I have no desire to watch it.
You will watch it and YOU WILL LIKE IT!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Can we get some of the ROD members to drive to that restaurant and ask Fish some tough questions.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Running game has to be the main focus, now. We do have the right coach for that.

Psycho_X

Legend
Running game has to be the main focus, now. We do have the right coach for that.

Agreed, the rest of the season should be the Zac Stacy show. Even if we lose every game we should be pounding that rock and getting STacy every look and carry he can get. Maybe get Barret Jones some work in the latter half of the season. And work those young WRs through as many patterns as possible whether they get thrown a ball that is catchable or not. We still have a chance for an awful lot of young people to get reps and get better for next season.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Agreed, the rest of the season should be the Zac Stacy show. Even if we lose every game we should be pounding that rock and getting STacy every look and carry he can get. Maybe get Barret Jones some work in the latter half of the season. And work those young WRs through as many patterns as possible whether they get thrown a ball that is catchable or not. We still have a chance for an awful lot of young people to get reps and get better for next season.

I will be disappointed if/when we become eliminated from the playoffs if this does not happen.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
You mean after the conference championship game?:peek::woot::bigup:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I see no reason to think this will be a team that is one dimensional. Clemens knows the offense, has shown a strong arm and with some reps could be good enough to manage this offense. If the defense steps up, special teams plays well and they quite making the dumb mistakes there is no reason to believe they will lose only because Clemens is playing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would expect more opportunities for GZ to kick some monster FG's from here on out(like last season). Also more trickery on special teams.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This team probably figures it has nothing to lose at this point. THAT is the kinda team that can sneak up on people and grudge F$%& them (oh, hi seasquawks!!) without grease. I would love to see this squad continue to gel and play good, smart football in honor of their fallen QB. Stacy has already changed the identity of this team and there is no reason or excuse to expect them to fall apart now. When we defend Sam, we say it is a TEAM that succeeds or fails. Not a single player. The same is true now. Fucking GO Kellen/Austin/Brady.....fucking GO RAMS.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see no reason to think this will be a team that is one dimensional. Clemens knows the offense, has shown a strong arm and with some reps could be good enough to manage this offense. If the defense steps up, special teams plays well and they quite making the dumb mistakes there is no reason to believe they will lose only because Clemens is playing.

Kellen Clemens does not have a strong arm. And he's never been a capable game manager in his career.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Kellen Clemens does not have a strong arm. And he's never been a capable game manager in his career.
We will fight our way through this. Teams will respect our tenacity. We are not the first team to lose their Qb.
we fight, we fight, we fight!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
What do you think about our front office's decision to keep 1 backup QB, and for that QB to be KC? Was this a reasonable decision, or an irresponsible gamble, or somewhere in between?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
What do you think about our front office's decision to keep 1 backup QB, and for that QB to be KC? Was this a reasonable decision, or an irresponsible gamble, or somewhere in between?

I know this question was not directed at me but I'll take a stab at it anyway. I think it was a reasonable gamble that, in fact, paid off. What were our options? If we had kept 3 QBs the 3rd was likely to be A. Davis, who was beat out by KC.

In order to keep 3 we'd have had to let someone else the coaching staff was higher on go. We now have been able to keep that 53rd player, whomever he is, and bring A. Davis back in. I have to say the gamble worked as well as it could.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know this question was not directed at me but I'll take a stab at it anyway. I think it was a reasonable gamble that, in fact, paid off. What were our options? If we had kept 3 QBs the 3rd was likely to be A. Davis, who was beat out by KC.

In order to keep 3 we'd have had to let someone else the coaching staff was higher on go. We now have been able to keep that 53rd player, whomever he is, and bring A. Davis back in. I have to say the gamble worked as well as it could.
Keeping 3 QBs is a luxury. We're down to our 2nd and had to go shopping for a backup. When you get down to having to use your THIRD quarterback, then you're up a creek anyway. In other words, it doesn't really matter who it is. You're screwed.