Fisher on Fox Sports Radio right now.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Eisen says the McLeod hit was legal. Should be a reviewable call in the future. FIsher (on the competition committee) thinks it should be strongly considered, but it's hard to predict what the committee will do with the issue. Once you start reviewing penalties, where do you draw the line though? DPI, OPI, holding, etc. Sounds like Fisher is hesitant to turn it all over to replays.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Eisen says the McLeod hit was legal. Should be a reviewable call in the future. FIsher (on the competition committee) thinks it should be strongly considered, but it's hard to predict what the committee will do with the issue. Once you start reviewing penalties, where do you draw the line though? DPI, OPI, holding, etc. Sounds like Fisher is hesitant to turn it all over to replays.

Thanks for that summary! I just want them to get it right. Losing games by terrible calls is worse than losing straight up, IMO. The better team should win.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks for that summary! I just want them to get it right. Losing games by terrible calls is worse than losing straight up, IMO. The better team should win.
Agreed. I think they should give coaches one more challenge and let all challenges be for whatever the hell they disagree with - regarding a perceived bad call. Forget about what's reviewable and what's not, and let the coaches challenge any call they want during the course of a game (three times max).

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Agreed. I think they should give coaches one more challenge and let all challenges be for whatever the hell they disagree with - regarding a perceived bad call. Forget about what's reviewable and what's not, and let the coaches challenge any call they want during the course of a game (three times max).
"The St. Louis coach has challenged whether or not my mother dresses me funny... really, Jeff?!"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"St Louis has challenged whether or not I have a stupid face. Time out, St Louis."

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know what the "Correct" solution to the problem is, But something has to be done to correct it. It's ruining the game, and I'd rather not watch flag football!;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd even go so far as to say 2 per half and you can carry one over to the second half. The problem is that the refs are blowing so MANY calls. You would still lose a time out if you lost the review and couldn't challenge if you had no time-outs so there is plenty of incentive to not just ask for reviews for no reason. And EVERYTHING should be reviewable or nothing should be reviewable. This notion that some things are not reviewable just doesn't hold water IMO.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
"St Louis has challenged whether or not I have a stupid face. Time out, St Louis."

Not true.

yahoo_boger.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
"The St. Louis coach has challenged whether or not my mother dresses me funny... really, Jeff?!"
Nah - I think that dress looks fine on you (if that's what you're into). Makes your hips look a little fat but....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
EVERYTHING needs to be reviewable. Period.

I actually feel the opposite. Watching the NFL now is almost painful with all the flags and time stoppages. I am not a fan of that at all, even if they get a call wrong whatever, keep playing.

I'm good with letting the coaches throw the red flag for EVERYTHING, mind you. But the competition committee really needs to reconsider the burden they have placed on the refs and how much they have to look for with all the new rules on head angle and whatnot, as well as the price of trying to get everything perfect when the effect on the speed of the game is so marked.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I actually feel the opposite. Watching the NFL now is almost painful with all the flags and time stoppages. I am not a fan of that at all, even if they get a call wrong whatever, keep playing.

I'm good with letting the coaches throw the red flag for EVERYTHING, mind you. But the competition committee really needs to reconsider the burden they have placed on the refs and how much they have to look for with all the new rules on head angle and whatnot, as well as the price of trying to get everything perfect when the effect on the speed of the game is so marked.

I get that. But with today's technology... I'd rather they do everything possible to get the calls correct. That should be the most important part of the officiating as far as I'm concerned.

If you're good with the coaches being able to throw the red flag for EVERYTHING.... then we're on the same page Brudda.