Fisher on Cardinals broadcast

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think we'll be fine with Mason for however long it takes Gurley to be game ready.
For a little dude, he runs like a beast and he has home run speed. I'm not at all worried about this particular situation.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just can't wait to see the real offense and imo it's a true two back system with Mason and Gurley. My favorite two rb and Lt the last two years in college and they are Rams. I'm pumped. I dont know when two backs with this much talent have been on the same team together in recent memory. Barry Word and Christian Okoye? Anybody think of some others.

FRO

Legend
I wouldn't rush Gurley. I think we should be patient with him. With Mason and Cunningham there is zero need to rush him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I wouldn't rush Gurley. I think we should be patient with him. With Mason and Cunningham there is zero need to rush him.
Also they're pretty high on Brown, and for good reason. Also Pead, Watts and Reynolds are all guys who are still waiting in the wings for news. We're pretty good on RBs enough that we don't have to Bradford Gurley.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think pre-season will give us a pretty fair barometer of where Gurley is at. But damn it's like getting a great Christmas present but you can't play with it! I agree though not to rush him-isn't necessary.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't know whether to be excited or upset. I really think we should be careful with him even if he seems 100%, but at the same time I just want to see some Gurley.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I dont know when two backs with this much talent have been on the same team together in recent memory. Barry Word and Christian Okoye? Anybody think of some others.
Marcus & Bo....Marcus & ED....but never this young, well Bo & Marcus were in their prime...Those two at Carolina, Stewart & Williams, but they never lived up to the hype....

RamzFanz

Damnit
In more detail, he said Gurley was proving he is a rare physical specimen and could be ready game one, but definitely early in the season.

I'm still hoping he holds off until after the bye week.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I don't know whether to be excited or upset. I really think we should be careful with him even if he seems 100%, but at the same time I just want to see some Gurley.
Please please don't rush this. We've got 10yrs of great RB play in the works, who cares about a few games.

jap

Legend
I'm just waiting for the Gurley Man to issue his universal challenge to NFL defenses:

TG: "Ya wanna see me get motivated? Call me Girlie Man to my face, suckas!!!"

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand the thought to not rush Gurley, but I also want him to play when he can. Keeping him out just so we all feel comfy serves no purpose in itself. IF Gurley is the transcendent back as advertised, his play might mean the difference in making the playoffs, or not. A Great RB can make up for shortcomings on the Oline, at times.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Hope they put him on the PUP List for a return after week six of the regular season.
I can see him starting training camp on the PUP list, but leaving him on there once the season starts prevents him from PRACTICING until that week 6. And IMO, that would set him back much more than keeping him INACTIVE until they feel he is up to speed.

If we have learned anything about Fisher, as it pertains to RBs since he has been here, its exhibiting patience. He is not prone to throwing them out there to start the season anyway. (see Stacy and Mason in their respective rookie seasons).

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I just can't wait to see the real offense and imo it's a true two back system with Mason and Gurley.

I'm not sure Fisher would agree. Comments like, "we've finally got a bell cow RB" tend to make me think Mason will end up with about 4 carries a game after Bennie has his 3rd down snaps. I hope not, because that would be a huge waste of talent. But look at how Fisher ran Eddie George.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I can see him starting training camp on the PUP list, but leaving him on there once the season starts prevents him from PRACTICING until that week 6. And IMO, that would set him back much more than keeping him INACTIVE until they feel he is up to speed.

If we have learned anything about Fisher, as it pertains to RBs since he has been here, its exhibiting patience. He is not prone to throwing them out there to start the season anyway. (see Stacy and Mason in their respective rookie seasons).

Actually, I'd have no problem with him not practicing once the season starts. The kid injured his knee mid November last year. He gets to start practicing after week 6 and as a long-term investment, I hope they give him as close to a full year before he hit the field again anyway.

Besides, I'd rather the team use the extra roster spot elsewhere until that time to be honest.

Last edited:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Actually, I'd have no problem with him not practicing once the season starts. The kid injured his knee mid November last year. He gets to start practicing after week 6 and as a long-term investment, I hope they give him as close to a full year before he hit the field again anyway.

Besides, I'd rather the team use the extra roster spot elsewhere until that time to be honest.
I understand your point, I just don't see that happening. I cannot see them waiting that long. I don't see it taking him that long to be ready.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
We will beat the Hawks week one without him. Then for the second game they'll have to contend with him as well as the rest of this team. Can't wait.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Isn't there a 4 week PUP?