Fisher on Bradford Criticism: "Oh, come on, please."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That was a good interview, if you have the time to watch the whole half hour.

He offered a real good explanation of Bradford's interception, and he showed absolutely no hesitation when talking about Bradford's future with this team. Could be coach-speak, but he seemed like the whole idea of him NOT being the QB of this team was just ridiculous. Annoyed by it, even.

REALLY good point about reps too (only because I've said it a billion times).

stan

Rookie
He's right. This seasons crap slide started with his chin fuzz. Lose the chin fuzz Fisher and the wins will come.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
That is a good interview Paul.

It is amazing how unlucky we have been with the bounce of the ball this year. So many fumbles that somehow have went right into the other teams hands. It truly is a game of inches sometimes. As frustrating as it is, I really am confident that one more good draft and FA period will make us a playoff team. Maybe that's being over optimistic but aside from the New England game we have been right there every game this year.

I really think a couple more solid pieces on offense (OL, WR) and on defense (Safety,LB) and of course a little more fundamentaly sound play overall and this is a pretty good football team. JMO of course.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Wow, a lot of good stuff in there. I really hope Fisher breaks his streak of not drafting OL in the first rounds, because we really need some help there. Get Barry Richardson and Hunter outta here.

Edit: Tweet from Sando: Sam Bradford 9-14 for 93 yards and 2 TDs when Jets rushed 5+ defenders. 14-29 for 77 yds and INT when Jets played cvg. #no1open?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm with Farr, it seems like they can't wait to drop the flag on us. I do like the explanation on the 2 point conversion though, makes sense, good looking ahead. Pretty smart move actually, doesn't hurt you if you fail because you're 2 TD's either way.

Kind of interesting hearing him talk about Miller when he probably knew he was going to be released the next day. I'm with you on what he says about Bradford too, X. I liked how he talked like he had 100% confidence in him you can tell he really believes that. It was different than how he was talking about Miller too, looking back at it knowing what we do now with Miller, he obviously wants Sam behind center for the foreseeable future.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
iBruce said:
Wow, a lot of good stuff in there. I really hope Fisher breaks his streak of not drafting OL in the first rounds, because we really need some help there. Get Barry Richardson and Hunter outta here.

Edit: Tweet from Sando: Sam Bradford 9-14 for 93 yards and 2 TDs when Jets rushed 5+ defenders. 14-29 for 77 yds and INT when Jets played cvg. #no1open?

I saw that tweet. Another reason why you can't just look at raw stats.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Re: Fisher on Bradford Criticism: "Oh, come on, please."

bwdenverram said:

It is amazing how unlucky we have been with the bounce of the ball this year. So many fumbles that somehow have went right into the other teams hands. It truly is a game of inches sometimes. As frustrating as it is, I really am confident that one more good draft and FA period will make us a playoff team. Maybe that's being over optimistic but aside from the New England game we have been right there every game this year.

I really think a couple more solid pieces on offense (OL, WR) and on defense (Safety,LB) and of course a little more fundamentaly sound play overall and this is a pretty good football team. JMO of course.

Also some pathetic refereeing ... We did better with the replacement refs ... bring 'em back I say ... they won't be deliberately looking for soft penalties to take us back 90 yards with !!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
IMO we draft a LB #1 and or a safety, I took note of how Fisher emphasized twice the problems in the run game were NOT the line,JL could be headed to strong side and we could be going after a new Mike.

RamsNation

Rookie
Re: Fisher on Bradford Criticism: "Oh, come on, please."

It's just ridiculous how much people overreact to a bad or good game.Look at the whole picture when diagnosing a QB,everything is so black and white nowadays theirs no middle ground.Sam is fine he is still young and will have bad games,even the greats have horrible games now and then.Not to mention he rarely has a game as bad as the Jets game,that was a once in a while game not the norm.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Re: Fisher on Bradford Criticism:

TK42-RAM said:
bwdenverram said:

Also some pathetic refereeing ... We did better with the replacement refs ... bring 'em back I say ... they won't be deliberately looking for soft penalties to take us back 90 yards with !!

Problem with the replacement refs was their pace, taking too long to get the call in. The bullshit calls were there before and after the replacements.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Honestly...I think this all falls on the Offensive Coordinator...Poor play calling in the most opportune times, and good play calling in the most inopportune times. I don't think Brian Schottenheimer is the right man for Jeff Fishers play schemes...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

RamsNation said:
It's just ridiculous how much people overreact to a bad or good game.Look at the whole picture when diagnosing a QB,everything is so black and white nowadays theirs no middle ground.Sam is fine he is still young and will have bad games,even the greats have horrible games now and then.Not to mention he rarely has a game as bad as the Jets game,that was a once in a while game not the norm.
Yeah, I tend to agree with that. If you go by some *other boards*, Bradford has a career defining game every week.
Time to step back off the ledge, people.

It was just a shitty game for him, and that's gonna happen to all of them at some point.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

X said:
RamsNation said:
Yeah, I tend to agree with that. If you go by some *other boards*, Bradford has a career defining game every week.
Time to step back off the ledge, people.

It was just a shitty game for him, and that's gonna happen to all of them at some point.
Honestly, it wasn't even really a bad game by him. statistically yes, but if you go and watch that first drive he destroyed their blitz, and the rest of the game they went into cover mode and our receivers couldn't get absolutely any separation. Time to help Sam out, dude can't win it by himself.