Fisher: Nothing brewing on draft deal ... yet/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Could be. Is Atlanta's still in play if Clowney's there? Their local sports talk has them sitting tight at 6 and taking Mack

Honestly, I think Texas grabs him. If not, I don't know who's open to trade, but I bet they're out there. Worst case, Rams take him, and that's the best worst case I could imagine.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Pretty far if it the total deal nets a first rounder next year. I really want them to get an additional #1 just in case.
That's were we differ my friend. I wouldn't be happy coming out of the 1st this year with Dix and lets say Verret as my 2 choices. The promise of a 1st next year doesn't sway me since the pick could at the back of the first. Adding a couple 2nd's and thirds would entice but. This could be the Rams last real chance to get a elite player. A small trade down the possibility still exists. A steep drop and all we get is good players.
The Rams could have traded out of the Quinn pick. Even if they got players for that pick in that draft class it wouldn't have been worth it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's were we differ my friend. I wouldn't be happy coming out of the 1st this year with Dix and lets say Verret as my 2 choices. The promise of a 1st next year doesn't sway me since the pick could at the back of the first. Adding a couple 2nd's and thirds would entice but. This could be the Rams last real chance to get a elite player. A small trade down the possibility still exists. A steep drop and all we get is good players.
The Rams could have traded out of the Quinn pick. Even if they got players for that pick in that draft class it wouldn't have been worth it.

I want a first rounder next year for two reasons. Adding more first round talent is a better bet than any other round. And if Bradford doesn't blossom I want the trade capitol to move up and get the QB of the future.

I say this because everyone talks about how deep this draft is. So if the #9 isn't way better than the #19 I'm good with racking up some picks for next year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I want a first rounder next year for two reasons. Adding more first round talent is a better bet than any other round. And if Bradford doesn't blossom I want the trade capitol to move up and get the QB of the future.

I say this because everyone talks about how deep this draft is. So if the #9 isn't way better than the #19 I'm good with racking up some picks for next year.
This is what i said months ago and got blasted for it by a couple posters in here. Something to the effect of "Why would you try to secure a future first in belief that Bradford will fail?"
I wanted to roll my eyes. Having an extra first rd pick(even a low-end pick) can be the difference between only having one pick and being unable to move, or having the ammo to go get a player you love.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Short of a blockbuster offer, the Rams are not talented enough to push draft capital to next year, IMO.

I'd love an extra first rounder next year too, but not at the expense of building the 2014 team into a winner.

Besides, planning for "what if" feels a little like a wet noodle approach.

Sort of like wearing a hard hat outside just in case a piece of space debris falls on your head... Because it's possible, ya know!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
In other news, Clowney is getting fitted for his golden horns helmet today. *blue font*

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Short of a blockbuster offer, the Rams are not talented enough to push draft capital to next year, IMO.

I'd love an extra first rounder next year too, but not at the expense of building the 2014 team into a winner.

Besides, planning for "what if" feels a little like a wet noodle approach.

Sort of like wearing a hard hat outside just in case a piece of space debris falls on your head... Because it's possible, ya know!

They may not be talented enough to do more than 9 or 10 wins next year.......that's just how it is right now. And a rookie is unlikely to help the Rams win much next year, it almost never happens like that. So adding more talent, especially if the QB position is an area of need, is smart IMO.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think the trade will come either 10 days or so before the draft when teams are settled on what they want and have an idea on what other teams are doing.
If not it will be a draft day trade.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think the trade will come either 10 days or so before the draft when teams are settled on what they want and have an idea on what other teams are doing.
If not it will be a draft day trade.

I think it'll happen on draft day but its likely that the background work will have been done ahead of time.........there will be some moving targets based on what the Texans do for sure.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I agree unless something becomes telegraphed at the top there are just too many variables. It is possible someone may trade with us to get 1 of 2 players and the 2nd pick gives them that.