Fisher not concerned with Bradford’s end zone interception

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
by Scott Bierman / FootballStL
http://www.kmov.com/sports/Fisher-not-c ... 17031.html

121126_Sam_Bradford.jpg

ST. LOUIS (FootballStL) -- Sam Bradford has found himself in the middle of a lot disgruntled fans’ complaints recently due to a lack of accuracy and questionable decisions.

Bradford threw the ball only 17 times, completing eight passes, in the 31-17 victory against the Cardinals. A second quarter interception in the end zone with his team down 14-7 made a lot of eyes and heads roll. For Jeff Fisher, he had no concerns about the ill-advised pass from his quarterback.

“He doesn’t let those things bother him. He tried to make a play and it didn’t happen,” Fisher said. “(Patrick) Peterson made a great play on the ball. But he doesn’t let those things bother him. He knows that he can come back and make a play, which he did.”

Bradford did throw a pair of 37-yard touchdowns to Chris Givens and Lance Kendricks after the interception.

“This is a tough defense and his numbers this year reflect how good they are, but at the same time, he made the plays when he got the opportunities to make the plays and make the good throws.”

In the two games against the Cardinals this season, Bradford completed 15 of 38 passes for 346 yards with four touchdowns and two interceptions.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Re: Fisher not concerned with Bradford’s end zone intercepti

that throw was very disappointing because he threw it so late. it should have been an easy td.

but the cardinals pass d is very good.

they have allowed 15 tds in 11 games. take out the rams tds and it's 11 tds in 9 games, that's a 1.2 td average per game.

they have made 15 interceptions in 11 games. take out the rams ints and it's 13 ints in 9 games, that's a 1.4 int per game average.

so as ugly as the passing game has been against the cardinals the rams have still performed better than average against them in scoring tds and limiting turnovers. in both games sam made the big plays when needed to help the rams win.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

Bradford showed his toughness as well, after missing the one play. He went back in on 3rd and 10 and got a first down, then led them to Kendrick's TD. There's just too many people out there that forget the leadership he shows.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Ram Quixote said:
Bradford showed his toughness as well, after missing the one play. He went back in on 3rd and 10 and got a first down, then led them to Kendrick's TD. There's just too many people out there that forget the leadership he shows.
Not bad for a dude that *just* turned 25.

You don't even wanna know what I was doing when I was 25. :?!:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

X said:
Ram Quixote said:

What you mean "Samantha Bustford"? No way that's good enough, just ask the posters on Ramstalk.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

brokeu91 said:
X said:
Ram Quixote said:

What you mean "Samantha Bustford"? No way that's good enough, just ask the posters on Ramstalk.
I have a better idea. Why don't I jump off a skyscraper and snag my eyelid on a nail on the way down?
Because, quite honestly, it would be equally as enjoyable.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Bradford... "Note to self,,,, just don't throw to p. peterson's man,,, EVER."

That dude is a freak.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Selassie I said:
Bradford... "Note to self,,,, just don't throw to p. peterson's man,,, EVER."

That dude is a freak.

that should read - note to self - make sure your throws to peterson's man are quick and on target.

pettis was open, sam just threw the ball too late. and if i recall, the int in the first game should have been thrown to the corner post where only quick had a chance to catch it but i think sam was under pressure and the pass was too far infield.

i agree that peterson made great plays on both interceptions but one of them should have been a td and the other should have been a td or incompletion.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

He threw the ball a little late. Big deal. I would like to see him force the ball more even if it comes back the other way. Bradford 's got the arm and accuracy to make a throw into a small target so he should take the chance when he can.
The difference between a game manger and a elite QB is the chances they take and the ability to make the play happen. Bradford is taking that step.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Don't underestimate p peterson's ability to give the QB the "appearance" of the WR being open. Baiting QBs into believing their WR is open is a common tactic used by extremely talented CBs .

Dude has unbelievable quickness.