Fisher Not Adverse To Hard Knocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramatik

Starter
Good to see you again Man !

Hope you're fully recovered and doing well. Hopefully we'll be seeing a lot more of you here.

Thanks brother. Had a lot of anger to work out. Best to do that on the PD. heh!

I love this site.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I would imagine some of the people that are adverse to the Rams being on Hard Knocks are the same ones that thought 'Smack Cam' was the reason for our poor start to the season.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sorry but when you go to work you are there to work. That kind of nonsense would not be tolerated at my place of work and it should not be at Rams Park either. Away from work you want to have a good time by all means you have earned it knock yourself out.

Well, it happens. X just gave you plenty of examples of how it happens at Rams park, and I would suspect that it plays out similarly across other teams training camps. These guys work their tails off, regardless of whether or not HBO has eyes on them. They need to blow off steam, and any coach worth his salt knows this. I honestly doubt that the players and coaches would even notice HBO's presence for the most part. Me thinks you are overthinking this.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
At the end of the day, Hard Knocks or not, it's up to the coaching staff to keep the guys on task and moving forward.

If you ask me, saying Hard Knocks is trouble is the same as believing in the Madden curse.....NONSENSE.

I say bring it on. We need the publicity, and the limelight.

Oh, and I'd love to see Janoris win the world over with his strip club ready nights.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sorry but when you go to work you are there to work. That kind of nonsense would not be tolerated at my place of work and it should not be at Rams Park either. Away from work you want to have a good time by all means you have earned it knock yourself out.
So all of the pranks they pull without HBO there is okay, but if HBO is there it's not? Because they're going to do that kind of stuff anyway, regardless of how you'd cultivate the environment at your place of employment.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
In my place of work it's not OK to tackle a co-worker to the ground or shout obscenities to each other inside the office.

These players also spend well beyond 8 hours per day at the facility. Many of them spend more time there than they do at home.

The NFL shouldn't be compared to the corporate workplace.

Ramatik

Starter
In my place of work it's not OK to tackle a co-worker to the ground or shout obscenities to each other inside the office.

These players also spend well beyond 8 hours per day at the facility. Many of them spend more time there than they do at home.

Heh.

Now that was well done.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Maybe you need to hire Larry Taint.

Psycho_X

Legend
I just have a feeling the Michael Sam thing just pushed us into a very good possibility at doing this. But I hope not, I'd imagine the kid has got to be sick of the media bullshit. If I was him and heard I was going to be on hard knocks I'd just groan in disgust.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So all of the pranks they pull without HBO there is okay, but if HBO is there it's not? Because they're going to do that kind of stuff anyway, regardless of how you'd cultivate the environment at your place of employment.
No what I said was it is not ok when you are at work I did not say it was ok if it was off camera.

And I believe when you have stunk up the field as bad as this organization has for the last decade it is time for serious work to pay back the fans for their dedication, not more grab ass for tv.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No what I said was it is not ok when you are at work I did not say it was ok if it was off camera.

And I believe when you have stunk up the field as bad as this organization has for the last decade it is time for serious work to pay back the fans for their dedication, not more grab ass for tv.
Gotcha. Only thing I was trying to convey is that they're gonna horse around when work is over (and while they're still at the facilities). All teams do that. I just don't think that Fisher, Williams or McGinnis would give these players even an inch of wiggle room when it comes to goofing off when they're supposed to be working.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You mean like stealing and hiding each other's cars, having a 3 month pie tour de force, filling up cars with crickets, erecting fake garages across the facility, all the practice helmet cams they have, and just general tomfoolery that happens every year anyway? That kind of distraction?

Why isn't anyone looking at the other side of this thing? What if the presence of HBO makes them all serious, and they take it as an opportunity to showcase how badass they are? Prove to the world that they're not a freaking door mat. The rest is just cameras off to the side and interviews. They have that stuff anyway without HBO. Billick (who did the first Hard Knocks) said that it actually energized his team when they were there. The distraction, if any, would come from players trying to mug for the camera and try to make the show about them. But I don't think Fisher would be the kind of guy to let a player screw off and become a ham when there was work to be done.
Youngest team in the league(probably the tenth time i've posted that fact). THIS is exactly what boys and young men do....especially in this generation of social media-look at me mentality. I see the young players possibly losing focus with a national audience. If they had cameras coming in to film the rookies building a house for the homeless then yeah, i could see them taking it very seriously and acting like mature professionals.

Ego's. Veteran players know how to keep them in check. Young men don't. I'd rather not go there on National television.

It's the immaturity of this team that is the sticking point for me. As far as the rest of it goes yeah, it's a good thing for a team to get some air play and some free pub. It's awesome for the fans who crave it, i get that too.

Doesn't matter what i think or what i want. The Rams will get chosen. It's a no-brainer.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Youngest team in the league(probably the tenth time i've posted that fact). THIS is exactly what boys and young men do....especially in this generation of social media-look at me mentality. I see the young players possibly losing focus with a national audience. If they had cameras coming in to film the rookies building a house for the homeless then yeah, i could see them taking it very seriously and acting like mature professionals.

Ego's. Veteran players know how to keep them in check. Young men don't. I'd rather not go there on National television.

It's the immaturity of this team that is the sticking point for me. As far as the rest of it goes yeah, it's a good thing for a team to get some air play and some free pub. It's awesome for the fans who crave it, i get that too.

Doesn't matter what i think or what i want. The Rams will get chosen. It's a no-brainer.
Yep. Good points. And I agree that the youth of this team could be the thing that provides the distraction (e.g., mugging for the cameras, etc). I guess you gotta weigh that against the no-nonsense approach of Fisher, Williams and McGinnis. When the players aren't "on the clock", so to speak, I can see things getting pretty silly around there. But when they clock in, I don't know if that stuff would still go on. Hard to say, but I do see your point.

Also agree that they're gonna get chosen now. HBO is probably campaigning hard for the Rams as we speak.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yep. Good points. And I agree that the youth of this team could be the thing that provides the distraction (e.g., mugging for the cameras, etc). I guess you gotta weigh that against the no-nonsense approach of Fisher, Williams and McGinnis. When the players aren't "on the clock", so to speak, I can see things getting pretty silly around there. But when they clock in, I don't know if that stuff would still go on. Hard to say, but I do see your point.

Also agree that they're gonna get chosen now. HBO is probably campaigning hard for the Rams as we speak.
And despite me hating on it i'll be watching of course :D

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And despite me hating on it i'll be watching of course :D
That's gonna be tough, eh?

Jack-Nicholson-YES-horny.gif

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Are you my old boss?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I have to admit, if the Rams do Hard Knocks, I'd actually WATCH the show for the very first time. But does anybody think the focus of the show would be anything but Michael Sam? Really? That's the one thing that has to die out of the spotlight for the good of this team. The kid says he just wants to play football. Hard Knocks would hinder that focus for him severely. I'm sure it's coming our way but I don't think it's a great idea this year. I know our coaches would try and keep the clamps down on the business of football but you gotta know where this would end up going.

sostl

Starter
think of all the story lines in play for Hard Knocks

Michael Sam
Gregg Williams back in the NFL
stadium negotiations and possible franchise move
Sam Bradford make or break year
Front Defensive four that every one is talking about

and I am sure you folks could comer up with more

Stories like:
Quinn coming off a probowl season and his expectations for this season
Stacy coming off a great rookie season
saffold off season journey from stl to oak back to stl
J long/Bradford recovering from acl surgery
the wr battle
trying to compete in the NFC west
k brit sextape

then you have a cast of characters who would make it fun to watch:
c long
Quinn
Dunbar
jj
tavon
k brit
j Hekker
Greg the leg
mike Sam

Imo I think we would make the perfect team for hard knocks. And another thing people are forgetting is they will be camera nation wide anyway. With the drafting of Sam, stl will basically be the center for media this training camp. Every network will be there and not to mention the documentary they don't on Michael Sam with the own network. So they will be on display regardless. So one more camera/network bring there shouldn't be a distraction then what's already going to be there.