Fisher Next Rams HC (Official Rumor Thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
With Fisher's agent pulling out all of the PR stops about a move to Miami, we can gleen that the decision has been made and that we're in pre-contract-negotiations stage, with Fisher's agent working to build as much leverage as possible.

And how does Rams management respond, by announcing numerous new interviews in Denver with top brass supposedly jumping-on planes ASAP.

Let the card game unfold.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Am I out of insanity by mentioning Marty Schottenheimer as a possible HC if Fisher in fact opts for the Save the Dolphins-'Chicken of the Sea'.. I get Horton, and now Chudz (haha just sounds funny)... that's fine but its clearly obviously without the GM in place first, and current state of the franchise considering everything I think we have to get a legit veteran guy and I just pointed Marty out as an example.

Like many, if there was dysfunction among Spags and Billy D so be it, those guys probably dedicated 90% of their life at the office going above and beyond and eventually the combustion just happens with the feeling of failing. I am hopeful that Stan and Demoff are the complete opposite of Georgia, John and Jay. Fuck Stan and Co. owe it to Steven Jackson alone to bring in a proven and committed coaching staff, since we have overhauled the coaching staff (Thanks McD for running an embarrassing offense to jumping on Kraft's private jet to reunite w/ yo daddy Bill and son Brady) might as well go for it it... we sure as hell will if we get CLE to trade up for RGIII.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
MCD is a douche he screwed up on Cutler and our offense he failed to realize Sam is still to young for his complicated scheme never made adjustments to scale  down the plays to short quick passes but you got to give him credit for Denver's offense with Orton I think if I could be a  OC for the pats I'll succeed to

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
What's that quality that was once prevelant in the NFL... **thinking** oh yea, LOYALTY, that's what I was looking for.

I think McD did fine w/ Denver-personal opinion Broncos got the better of the trade overall considering and what he did w/ drafting Tebow, Thomas and Decker...maybe I'm greedy but I truly wanted to see that happen w/ Bradford, *Lloyd, Pettis, Salas and Kendricks.

I'm loyal to the Rams always but this is a crucial state right now and as a fan I would for once like to see a "Fox/Coughlin" head coach w/ a proven resume and some elite, team dedicated coordinators. Just once!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OMG, this is becoming so transparent now. I thought Marvin Demoff, Fisher's agent, was supposed to be some super smart guy, but this media campaign he's running is so very obvious.

Stan Kroenke Unwilling To Pay Jeff Fisher? Last-Minute Leverage Games?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/1/11/2701359/jeff-fisher-miami-dolphins-st-louis-rams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/1/11/ ... louis-rams</a>

All day Wednesday, it was reported that Jeff Fisher was leaning toward the Miami Dolphins over the St. Louis Rams. The reason cited most often were Fisher's concerns about the Rams potential relocation. It may be simpler than that, it may be more about money and power.

According to a report from the NFL Network, Rams owner Stan Kroenke has yet to display a willingness to make Fisher one of the highest paid coaches in the league, something that would require a salary around $7 million per year. The Dolphins and owner Stephen Ross may be willing to give Fisher something closer to $8 million per season.

Fisher is also likely to be named an executive vice president of whichever team that hires him. That title would put him higher up the food chain than the general manager. He's said to prefer the organizational structure of the Dolphins, but it isn't clear why since he'd have the title to run the show almost any way he wants.

Now that salary numbers are being thrown out and a decision has yet to be made, it certainly looks as though there's a leverage game going on here, even in the absence of any formal contract negotiations.

Concerns about a potential move are still cited as a factor in Fisher's thinking, but there could even be some maneuvering on that front.

It's actually becoming embarrassingly low-end now, and kinda showing Jeff to be a cheeseball operator. I mean, do they really think they can apply media pressure of this kind and SK won't see through it? Who do they think they're fooling?