Fisher: Mason Probably A Game Time Situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
101espn ‏@101espn

"He can run by people outside, has the ability to run past people. They don't want Tavon to get the ball." -Fisher on WR Austin. #FisherShow

"He's doing a better job with the short game. He's not just a deep guy. He's getting a better feel for it. - Fisher on WR Quick #FisherShow

"We saw the huddle presence. The natural ability to lead. The calmness. He'll brush off mistakes and move on." - Fisher on Foles #FisherShow

"The drawer is full. Still plenty left." - Fisher in response to the fake punt against SEA last year. #FisherShow

"It's probably going to be a game time situation." - Fisher on RB Tre Mason

Discussion topic for the first show of the year: What do you think will be the Rams ending record? #FisherShow

"There's the potential for change early on this season. Players get released and so on, we have to consider that." - Fisher #FisherShow

"He has a chance this week to play. Just a very mature, young man; gets the game, very athletic." - Fisher on Bradley Marquez #FisherShow

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Mason can't go; Austin gets more carries than you think. (y)

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
At this point why risk the rest of the season on game 1? Its an injury that could easily get worse. Just run Pead and Cunningham and let Roles earn his dough against that depleted secondary.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jeff Fisher is Bringing Todd Gurley Along Slowly

The Fantasy Football Kickoff crew discuss the progress of St. Louis Rams RB Todd Gurley and how this affects the fantasy value of RBs Tre Mason and Benny Cunningham.

Watch Gurley Discussion

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think Mason may not go and they really try to mess with Seattle with lots of misdirection trick plays using Austin and Bailey like double reverse play action stuff with the option to go deep to Givens, etc.

They are going to miss both Kam and Earl Thomas. We play them too physical for this to be his first game back. If I'm Pete Carroll, the last thing I do is bring Earl Thomas back for this game, one of their most physical of the year when Thomas hasn't hit anyone in more than half a year.

These young guys are just going to have to focus and win their assignments. That will be how this plays out.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think Mason may not go and they really try to mess with Seattle with lots of misdirection trick plays using Austin and Bailey like double reverse play action stuff with the option to go deep to Givens, etc.

They are going to miss both Kam and Earl Thomas. We play them too physical for this to be his first game back. If I'm Pete Carroll, the last thing I do is bring Earl Thomas back for this game, one of their most physical of the year when Thomas hasn't hit anyone in more than half a year.

These young guys are just going to have to focus and win their assignments. That will be how this plays out.

I think we need to. I don't think our OL is ready to pound up the middle just yet. I hope Cignetti brings the biggest bag of tricks he can find. I don't give a rats ass how we win, as long as we do.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I really don't care if even the ESPN highlight guys say, "look, we like the trick plays as much as ANYONE, but in the Rams win over the Seahawks today, well, there's a word for it and it starts with chicken... And with that, let's get to the highlights."

Just don't care. Don't care if we win 28-27 on 2 trick plays for a TD and a pick 6 and a special teams TD while our offense basically is on life support all game... if that's what it takes.

Just. Win.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I really don't care if even the ESPN highlight guys say, "look, we like the trick plays as much as ANYONE, but in the Rams win over the Seahawks today, well, there's a word for it and it starts with chicken... And with that, let's get to the highlights."

Just don't care. Don't care if we win 28-27 on 2 trick plays for a TD and a pick 6 and a special teams TD while our offense basically is on life support all game... if that's what it takes.

Just. Win.
Exactly. Winning is winning.
When we lost to Seattle a couple years ago giving up 135 total yards I was sick. But you know what, Seattle doesn't care cuz it was a W.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Don't believe Mason's hammy is a quick fix. Not to be a Debbie downer but I saw it happen and the immediate reaction sometimes gives an idea if serious. Don't think Mason was ready for the turf monster that grabbed him. Who starts? Benny and his 1/2 step slower or Pead and his one drive in PS? Cignetti needs to bring everything he has ever gone over with these guys and be working on more today. We can't have 3 and outs that force our "D" to tire out. They are'nt ready for 4 quarters yet. Can't let Lockett beat us. I say take Wilson out of game early. The RB situation for this game I know if we had a HEALTHY Mason or Gurley WE WOULD WIN. Now I have no clue what we are limited with in Pead and Benny. WE may need to go up top as much as possible. Not just gimmick plays they will be looking for.

Sux this home game does'nt happen after bye. We want this one so very bad. I'm looking for Leadership from anywhere and everywhere this Sunday.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Exactly. Winning is winning.
When we lost to Seattle a couple years ago giving up 135 total yards I was sick. But you know what, Seattle doesn't care cuz it was a W.

EXACTLY. We kicked their butts all game...and lost.

We need a win. SOMEONE, actually more than a few someones...on our offense is going to have to step up.

And our D is going to have to start in mid-season form. No more slow starts. In that respect, I'm glad we start with the Seahawks. I dunno of another team that can GET us to mid-season form like they can.

In interviews, our D guys are almost hyperventilating, they're so ready to play this game...

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Love seeing the UDFA'S making the team, Bradley Marquez is an interesting prospect and has apparently caught the eye of the Ram staff. He is also a Big 12 1st team Academic all American.
Below is a link to his Texas Tech Stats and Info
He seems to have progressed as a Receiver in his 3 years at T Tech after being recruited as a 3 or 4 star RB out of H.S

http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bradley_marquez_763543.html

Last edited:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
EXACTLY. We kicked their butts all game...and lost.

We need a win. SOMEONE, actually more than a few someones...on our offense is going to have to step up.

And our D is going to have to start in mid-season form. No more slow starts. In that respect, I'm glad we start with the Seahawks. I dunno of another team that can GET us to mid-season form like they can.

In interviews, our D guys are almost hyperventilating, they're so ready to play this game...

Our D definitely will need to set the tone for the season. No sacks in the preseason has me nervous. We can't start off like last year.

And with the ROD force going no way we can let that happen! :)