Fisher Leaving Clues at Receiver

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope this hasn't come up in another discussion already but fisher said this yesterday when asked about the receiver depth chart:

"It’s wide open. Obviously our top guys are (WR) Kenny (Britt) and (WR) Tavon (Austin) and ‘Coop’ (WR Pharoh Cooper). Once we get past that, it’s wide open. It’s going to be a really exciting two or three weeks to see how they develop. (WR) Michael (Thomas) is coming on, (WR) Paul (McRoberts) is coming on, we know what (WR) Bradley (Marquez) can do – especially in special teams. Unfortunately, Nelson (Spruce) is going to be down for a little bit. Some of the younger guys are going to get a chance to play late in the game. And then as we come down to those decisions, sometimes we’ve kept four, sometimes we’ve kept six, maybe seven. You really don’t know, it really just depends on the talent level." (Via turfshowtimes)

A couple of interesting tidbits.
1. Keeping seven receivers. That would make us all happy since we've got our favorites who may or may not be on roster bubbles (spruce and Williams are examples)
2. Cooper must be really killing it in camp, possibly more than what's being reported.
3. No mention of quick...
The receiver chart is gonna be a roller coaster these next few weeks

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't have any favorites but I wouldn't be bothered if Quick was not on the final roster. I don't feel like he's ever going to get it. But I have a feeling he'll always have a place on a Fisher team because he can run block as a receiver.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick will make the team and be invisible all year . It's time to let go

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
WRs and CBs...

Seems like you can never have enough of them. I say stock pile as many as possible.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Honestly i want Quick to do well and actually show the potential we saw in 4 games two years ago. But at this point if younger guys are making plays and showing up in camp it may be time to move on.

I hope they keep the following 7 WR

1) Tavon Austin
2) Kenny Britt
3) Pharoh Cooper
4) Brian Quick
5) Nelson Spruce
6) Duke Williams
7) Bradley Marquez

Practice Squad
Paul McRoberts
Marquez North

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
IMO, there is no way the Rams keep 7 WRs, unless a couple stashed on the PS are included in that number, they are a run first team. Biggest clue right now as to which WRs have the inside track to making team is who's running on the first team Special Teams. If someone is running 2nd or 3rd string Special Teams and 3rd or 4th team position, then don't look for them to be around past camp.

WR is going to be a position the Rams look to the waiver wire after cutdown days to upgrade. Sad fact is, it's still a very weak position.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think the combination of Britt, Tavon, Cooper, Thomas and Spruce would be a perfect 5 WR set. They all brig something different to the game. Bradley Marquez and Duke Williams as backups.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One thing I'm concerned with in this group is a big WR that can actually stretch the field, Britt has showcased the ability to do that at times, but it seems this offense is more about getting rid of the ball quick and giving the WR the opportunity to get Yards after the catch.

I like Spruce because of the fly paper hands, it's refreshing and Bradley Marquez is fantastic on special teams, but I still have not seen one play he's made at WR, so I'm a doubting Thomas (not Michael) when it comes to Marquez as a receiver.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't have any favorites but I wouldn't be bothered if Quick was not on the final roster. I don't feel like he's ever going to get it. But I have a feeling he'll always have a place on a Fisher team because he can run block as a receiver.
Yeah I've finally let go of that decent 4 game stretch quick had

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WRs and CBs...

Seems like you can never have enough of them. I say stock pile as many as possible.
The dynamic positions always feel like feast it famine. If you can stockpile them then you should

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly i want Quick to do well and actually show the potential we saw in 4 games two years ago. But at this point if younger guys are making plays and showing up in camp it may be time to move on.

I hope they keep the following 7 WR

1) Tavon Austin
2) Kenny Britt
3) Pharoh Cooper
4) Brian Quick
5) Nelson Spruce
6) Duke Williams
7) Bradley Marquez

Practice Squad
Paul McRoberts
Marquez North
No Michael Thomas. Bold prediction there

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, there is no way the Rams keep 7 WRs, unless a couple stashed on the PS are included in that number, they are a run first team. Biggest clue right now as to which WRs have the inside track to making team is who's running on the first team Special Teams. If someone is running 2nd or 3rd string Special Teams and 3rd or 4th team position, then don't look for them to be around past camp.

WR is going to be a position the Rams look to the waiver wire after cutdown days to upgrade. Sad fact is, it's still a very weak position.
I guess it dexpends on howbf8sher views the talent. Maybe one can be trade bait or you keep them in case of injury

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the combination of Britt, Tavon, Cooper, Thomas and Spruce would be a perfect 5 WR set. They all brig something different to the game. Bradley Marquez and Duke Williams as backups.
I saw a report that duke had a nice catch on tru where he held him off with one hand and snagged the ball in the other. I know it's probably offensive interference but that's impressive. He's such a specimen I'd rather have him than quick based on potential alone

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing I'm concerned with in this group is a big WR that can actually stretch the field, Britt has showcased the ability to do that at times, but it seems this offense is more about getting rid of the ball quick and giving the WR the opportunity to get Yards after the catch.

I like Spruce because of the fly paper hands, it's refreshing and Bradley Marquez is fantastic on special teams, but I still have not seen one play he's made at WR, so I'm a doubting Thomas (not Michael) when it comes to Marquez as a receiver.
I think Cooper and Thomas will be decent intermediate threats at least. Duke too. If these wide receivers develop then not having a decent deep threat yet will he a good problem to have

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With our injury history though, seven receivers seems ideal. Between danario Alexander, Danny Amendola, tavon Austin, and Brian quick being injured at the worst possible times each year in desperate for depth

Big Game

Living The Dream
No Michael Thomas. Bold prediction there

I forgot about Michael Thomas. I would say Thomas takes Duke spot and Duke goes to the practice squad. but that's only if they keep quick other wise Thomas takes his spot.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I forgot about Michael Thomas. I would say Thomas takes Duke spot and Duke goes to the practice squad. but that's only if they keep quick other wise Thomas takes his spot.
I hope fisher is looking at quick and thinking "if you really can't beat these late round rookies then it's time to go". I'm bullish on Thomas and Williams and I doubt that they'd underperform what quick has given us so far in 4 years.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think the Nelson Spruce hype needs to be cooled a little for now. Of course he's having a great camp and had 1 good preseason game, but the team needs to make sure he's actually that good or another preseason star. And boy, the Rams have had their fair share of preseason superstars recently. If he straight out beats out Brian Quick, holy cow that is something else.