Fisher Kicks Media out of Locker Room

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Or was there something else he should do to combat that stubborn ego of his?

Great response - but to your final question I might have an answer!!

Consistency
It would be nice if we could win or lose with a more consistent identity

And not just by the skin of our teeth like we were doing for two of our victories, but CONSISTENT QUALITY on both sides of the ball. I don't mind losing a game like this - but the D faltered due to injury or whatever whereas the supposed shitty offense looked dynamite. Which is is a complete 180 from the narrative we had last week. At what point in this 5 year plan does this team develop a consistent winning formula week in week out? Right now it's a freakin' roller coaster ride each week - I mean our horrible offense isn't even consistently horrible hhaha, and our vaunted defense isn't consistently vaunted to give me a sense of identity beyond a killer punting game :LOL:

Anyway i think all your examples can be looked at as grasping at straws just as easily as it might be viewed as being progressive

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Consistency

And not just by the skin of our teeth like we were doing for two of our victories, but CONSISTENT QUALITY on both sides of the ball. I don't mind losing a game like this - but the D faltered due to injury or whatever whereas the supposed crappy offense looked dynamite. Which is is a complete 180 from the narrative we had last week. At what point in this 5 year plan does this team develop a consistent winning formula week in week out? Right now it's a freakin' roller coaster ride each week - I mean our horrible offense isn't even consistently horrible hhaha, and our vaunted defense isn't consistently vaunted to give me a sense of identity beyond a killer punting game :LOL:

Anyway i think all your examples can be looked at as grasping at straws just as easily as it might be viewed as being progressive
It's funny (and sad)...

Before this game, I just wanted a middle-of-the-pack offense.I was sure that would be what we needed to win games.

Well, Keenum and the offense have a great game and it's the defense that stumbles.

I won't blame Keenum too much for that last series... he played on helluva game. And, IMO, he shouldn't have been put in that predicament in the first place.

I know there are injuries on the defense and all... but, as many have said, by year five, shouldn't we have sufficient bench strength to withstand injuries? As they say, injuries aren't an excuse... all teams have them.

I just don't know anymore. When Detroit got that ball for their last series, I was convinced they'd take the lead.

You want to believe... everyone wants to believe but the inconsistency and lack of discipline have been going on for far too long, IMO.

Trends... said it weeks ago when they were winning. Now the trend seems very familiar. Yup, I am sad.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know why we are arguing about the managing style of Jeff Fisher. After all of these years, does it matter?
2012 7-8-1
2013 7-9
2014 6-10
2015 7-9
2016 3-3
I have always liked the guy, and wanted him as our HC after Martz was ousted...I loved the hire back in 2012, because I thought we had really landed a good coach. I have made allowances for the depleted roster and the injuries of Sam Bradford as reasons why he didn't succeed in year three. Year four was the acid test, and he failed to get this team to a winning record, and I no longer have any confidence that he can do the job. It's been 10 long years of futility, and genetics says I may not be around for another 10 years,so I am tired of waiting. Let's try something new...
i161b64.png

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
to the OP...not sure kicking out media matters....I mean, I was so pissed...all I kept thinking was, "welp, no playoffs...AGAIN!" all afternoon...so, I don't have a problem that he wanted to rip some assholes after that loss...
Fisher isn't completely terrible at it, he is merely average. His real problem, in my humble opinion, is that he is too egotistical to recognize his own shortcomings.
Actually...I think his loyalty is gonna do him in...and that ego is a part of it...Just doesn't pull the trigger on his friends fast enough... Not accountable enough...But...I think...he's learning...

This defense shouldn't be this bad...Neither should the offensive line...one game outliers on either shouldn't dictate future job security...you are (14th overall) what the end of season stats say you are defense...fish needs to get this area, his specialty, under control...And Swartz in Philly....They don't play that bend but don't break stuff, and they have a lot less talent than we do...and they're doing fine...

And Joyner is having a brilliant season in the slot corner/outside linebacker hybrid role he plays.

Now - on the other hand - Joyner has played well.
I really want you guys to look at the slot wide receivers we've played....and look at their stats...3rd down catches, yards per catch...and come back and talk to me...This guy, is the 2nd worst guy on the defense...the worst being the corner opposite of Tru Johnson...I can't see why he was drafted in the 2nd round...and I really don't know why he plays so much...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FWIW - I never meant to imply that him kicking the media out of the lockerroom does matter much. In fact, I didn't even create this thread - I posted the article in another thread and one of the mods here moved it to its own thread.

I think its pretty crappy in sports reporting to stick cameras in the face of a bunch of athletes who just lost a game - especially when they can be fined for saying the wrong thing.

MountainRam

Rookie
In 5 weeks, one will look back to yesterday and a 3-3 record, wondering how good the days of .500 were. Its just getting started......

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Consistency
I can get on board with that. I think we all would like to see the Rams *win* consistently.
Not sure I'd like to see them lose with more consistency though.
Or lose with a consistent identity.
Or lose their identity consistently.

The identity thing is a good thing to focus on, though. I like it.
It does appear to me that they're beginning to form an identity. What we saw against Detroit is what I'd like the identity to be. Taking shots when the defense allows it, and pounding the ball when the defense allows that. In the process, I'd like to see them reclaim their defensive identity. Because giving up 31 points when this offense scores 28 is far removed from what this team is supposed to be. They shouldn't have scored more than 17 against us, and that's being generous.

Injuries are gonna do that though. Excuse or not, that's kind of what happened.

Oh, and bullshit penalties that lets the other team extend drives.
Remove that from the identity.

Shoman01

Rookie
He got mad because they didn't have orange slices for the players when he was passing out his participation awards for the day.

Shoman01

Rookie
I can get on board with that. I think we all would like to see the Rams *win* consistently.
Not sure I'd like to see them lose with more consistency though.
Or lose with a consistent identity.
Or lose their identity consistently.

The identity thing is a good thing to focus on, though. I like it.
It does appear to me that they're beginning to form an identity. What we saw against Detroit is what I'd like the identity to be. Taking shots when the defense allows it, and pounding the ball when the defense allows that. In the process, I'd like to see them reclaim their defensive identity. Because giving up 31 points when this offense scores 28 is far removed from what this team is supposed to be. They shouldn't have scored more than 17 against us, and that's being generous.

Injuries are gonna do that though. Excuse or not, that's kind of what happened.

Oh, and bullcrap penalties that lets the other team extend drives.
Remove that from the identity.
This is a 7-9 team at best. Did the mighty Quinn play yesterday? I didn't see him in the stat sheet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is a 7-9 team at best. Did the mighty Quinn play yesterday? I didn't see him in the stat sheet.
Nice precursor to the rest of your post. lol.

No, Quinn didn't play. Still nursing that shoulder injury.

Shoman01

Rookie
Nice precursor to the rest of your post. lol.

No, Quinn didn't play. Still nursing that shoulder injury.
Thanks, we talked about him earlier this year. What are your feelings about him now? Mine are the same. Way too much money for his results.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks, we talked about him earlier this year. What are your feelings about him now? Mine are the same. Way too much money for his results.
I still feel like he's the type of player who can win you games (and did vs Tampa).
I think he's arguably the best defensive end in football, and worth every penny.

And bonus: His best friend in South Carolina is a friend of mine as well. Spoke to Robert on the phone a couple of times, and he's the cat's meow.

Shoman01

Rookie
I still feel like he's the type of player who can win you games (and did vs Tampa).
I think he's arguably the best defensive end in football, and worth every penny.

And bonus: His best friend in South Carolina is a friend of mine as well. Spoke to Robert on the phone a couple of times, and he's the cat's meow.
Nice! I'm not sold on him. We will see how he ends up at the end of the year.

Ellard80

Legend
to the OP...not sure kicking out media matters....I mean, I was so pissed...all I kept thinking was, "welp, no playoffs...AGAIN!" all afternoon...so, I don't have a problem that he wanted to rip some assholes after that loss...
Actually...I think his loyalty is gonna do him in...and that ego is a part of it...Just doesn't pull the trigger on his friends fast enough... Not accountable enough...But...I think...he's learning...

This defense shouldn't be this bad...Neither should the offensive line...one game outliers on either shouldn't dictate future job security...you are (14th overall) what the end of season stats say you are defense...fish needs to get this area, his specialty, under control...And Swartz in Philly....They don't play that bend but don't break stuff, and they have a lot less talent than we do...and they're doing fine...

I really want you guys to look at the slot wide receivers we've played....and look at their stats...3rd down catches, yards per catch...and come back and talk to me...This guy, is the 2nd worst guy on the defense...the worst being the corner opposite of Tru Johnson...I can't see why he was drafted in the 2nd round...and I really don't know why he plays so much...

This is interesting to me... I go with the idea that Joyner is good because of how much the coaches go on and on about him. But when I actually think about his historical game performances I only really remember a bunch of undisciplined play and penalties.

Shocking of course.

RamzFanz

Damnit
No doubt Fisher took this loss as bad as us fans did and probably much worse than some think...

hqg-84.gif

We have a filter we can turn on or off to decide for ourselves what language is visible...

...unless you post it in a GIF. Just sayin'. :redcard: