Fisher Kicks Media out of Locker Room

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The 8-8 speach was for the team only

* we can get to .500 folks! You just gotta believe

image.jpeg

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Good! I hope Fisher completely lost his :poop:! I hope everybody on or with the team is freaking PO'ed! I hope they all aired it out in the locker room and have all agreed that they all, everyone of them, needs to step it up! Enough of this 7-9 bull:poop:!!!

Now back to reality...that didn't happen. Fisher-speak is probably beginning to fall on deaf ears...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not playing Goff is dumb.
WRONG! Keenum went 27 of 32 for 321 yards and 3 TD's Today and rushed for a TD on Top of that! He's getting better every game! I doubt Goff would do better!!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you look at it with hindsight sure those points were needed at the end. You still don't know how the game would've finished even making that field goal. Feel free to blame the game on Fisher if you want. For me Fisher made his coaching blunders last week vs the Bills not today imo...

It wasnt hindsight with me i made my statement before they even with for it. I said take the points before they went for it. The game wasnt on the line then so i dont see why you wouldnt take the easy point. Im not blaming the game on Fisher I think our defense takes this 1

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
It wasnt hindsight with me i made my statement before they even with for it. I said take the points before they went for it. The game wasnt on the line then so i dont see why you wouldnt take the easy point. Im not blaming the game on Fisher I think our defense takes this 1

I feel ya Dx.... I only had about a 55/45 feeling of going for it. .. Doesn't mean I would've if I was really on the sideline as the head coach. This one hurts more than week 1 and last week for me..

No doubt the Defense laid an egg and go figure........ the same time the offense was having a glorious day....

This is our Rams and the Roller Coaster season continues next Sunday in London.

M9j7ElR.gif

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
My sons coach keeps giving his team an earful wondering why teams they should beat or have beaten they lose to.
1 answer comes to mind. Coaching
As the season goes on development and familiarity within the system will show which teams are getting better coaching.
We seem to suffer from the same problem year after year and that problem is consistency.
So, scoring 28 points on offense and improving statistically doesn't illustrate development?

OK then

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
WRONG! Keenum went 27 of 32 for 321 yards and 3 TD's Today and rushed for a TD on Top of that! He's getting better every game! I doubt Goff would do better!!

Maybe not - but he could have gotten a games worth or experience out of it - and we did lose.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe not - but he could have gotten a games worth or experience out of it - and we did lose.
It is the HC's job to put his team in the best position to Win the game, not to make sure a Rookie gets reps!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Game losing calls? You are on the road at the half yard line with TG and its 4th and goal with a chance to get some big time momentum..

Fisher sees the flow of this game is offense so risking a 7 point lead vs 3 at halftime had some good reasons to go for it.. I thought that was the right call. I was surprised he went for it after they challenged the review from the catch.

That gamble did not loose this game today imo... The Lions won this game with their offense....
To me, all the reasons you listed are why you take the points. Especially when we get the ball back after the half.
Not to mention, Gurley hasn't had much push up the middle to date.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Couldn't quite capture the contrast of your son's coach and Fisher.

Without laughing......

No Problem I probably won't be able to communicate it. If you have coached and read about the philosophy of coaching you will learn. ( and you may have coached and read more than me ) Players play coaches coach, Not winning in crunch time, being mistake prone, playing inconsistently lies on the shoulders of the coach in most cases. This would be way to long to read but the parallel is that when the same problem follows you as a coach you can not change personnel to correct the problem. Unlike any other member of a team or organization the leader must always look to himself before pointing at others to right the ship then and only then can development come to fruition.

Hope this helps

fearsomefour

Legend
1) The Rams had low expectations heading into the year with most in the media picking 4-6 wins.

2) It does not show a lack of leadership to meet with your team in private away from the media.

3) Not talking to the media is not a terrible decision unless you are in the media.

For these reasons the writer appears to have a sore vagina.
Seriously, media tool bags, it is not about you.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In tough losses, it’s always best to be professional and do your best to bounce back the following game. As a head coach, it’s imperative to set the tone, culture, and expectations in victory and, even more so, in defeat.

Head coach Jeff Fisher once again displayed poor judgment and made a terrible decision just moments after the game. Fisher was so irate about the loss, he kicked out members of the media before talking to the team.

What an idiotic article. Kicking the media out is the poor judgement? It's a terrible decision? It is a meaningless decision. Get over yourself, media jackasses. You aren't important.

Fisher has made plenty of terrible decisions this year. Kicking the media out of the locker-room ain't one of them.

fearsomefour

Legend
No Problem I probably won't be able to communicate it. If you have coached and read about the philosophy of coaching you will learn. ( and you may have coached and read more than me ) Players play coaches coach, Not winning in crunch time, being mistake prone, playing inconsistently lies on the shoulders of the coach in most cases. This would be way to long to read but the parallel is that when the same problem follows you as a coach you can not change personnel to correct the problem. Unlike any other member of a team or organization the leader must always look to himself before pointing at others to right the ship then and only then can development come to fruition.

Hope this helps
Youth coach to a 12 year old....
"Fundamentals!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU GUYS TO EXECUTE FUNDAMENTALS!'"
Fast forward to the next practice.....
No work on fundamentals.

If Fisher is that pissed it is probably because they got beat by things they prepared for and had the right call on D and the players Fd it up.

RAMNATION

Rookie
I think coaching is more important in football than in any other sport. I would rather have a world class coach than a world class (insert any position here - even quarterback)

Fisher isn't completely terrible at it, he is merely average. His real problem, in my humble opinion, is that he is too egotistical to recognize his own shortcomings. He needs to make a changes - actual changes. Not tougher talk or better effort - actual adjustments to the way he has always done things. To quote the late great Michael Jackson, he needs to "start with the man in the mirror."
start with hiring a real OC.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Man if we're just gonna play Keenum all season...think of what we could have drafted defensively to actually contribute to the team. :(

I know. Then if we wanted to, we could have traded everything away this coming draft for the best QB available. It seems like a waste to let him sit.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Youth coach to a 12 year old....

Good for you, amazing age to coach. For the most part they know the game and now you can teach the more intricate fun stuff along with the fact that some are beginning to take on real leadership rolls and most are learning they hate to lose. I Love that age, they still listen ( a little ) and a lot are playing because they want to not because their parents want them to.
Fundamentals, Execution, Familiarity over and over and over

fearsomefour

Legend
Good for you, amazing age to coach. For the most part they know the game and now you can teach the more intricate fun stuff along with the fact that some are beginning to take on real leadership rolls and most are learning they hate to lose. I Love that age, they still listen ( a little ) and a lot are playing because they want to not because their parents want them to.
Fundamentals, Execution, Familiarity over and over and over
Not coaching this year.
Just sort of a general thing I have seen.
That age is a lot of fun, you are right.
Got pretty burned on it after a bit.
Mostly worked with pitchers actually. Older guys mostly.
Trying to decide if I want to deal with that anymore.