Fisher Interview Post Game vs Cowboys (Videos)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At Least we know its Goff's non throwing shoulder that is bruised up.. Happy to hear that it wasn't the shoulder he had surgery on back in 2013. He actually had surgery on his throwing shoulder back then... Spruce bruised knee.. I'm sure both with get MRI's tomorrow.

Nov 27, 2013
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-qb-jared-goff-shoulder-surgery-ready-spring

BERKELEY, Calif.
-- California quarterback Jared Goff is expected to be ready for spring practice after undergoing surgery on his right shoulder.

The school said Goff had surgery Wednesday. His throwing shoulder was separated on a hard hit from linebacker Shayne Skov in the second quarter of Cal's 63-13 loss Saturday at Stanford.

Goff started all 12 games for the Golden Bears (1-11). The freshman set Cal season records for passing yards (3,508), total offense (3,446), passes completed (320) and passes attempted (531).

Coach Sonny Dykes said he's "pleased that Jared is expected to make a full recovery and be back on the field for spring ball. We have confidence he can build on the promising campaign he had in his first season at Cal."

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Really disappointed with the defense because they're a seasoned squad in the same defense with good depth and should have played better vs the run and pass. Giving up yards like that right out the gate stole reps from the offense and it was one-sided in Dallas' favor when the snaps mattered. Clearly missing Gaines is a problem. Sensabaugh is a depth guy, and if he's in there for any length of time particularly matched up with a good receiver he's in trouble and so is our defense. Dallas had great protections, and I like to think things would have been different if Quinn was starting at RDE but still got to give them credit. What bothers me is the slow start they had in pressures last year, and that had better pick up noticeably by preseason game 3.

Yeah I know it's preseason. Still, in preseason you can see trends and I think the following reinforced what was witnessed in camp:

1. Higbee is for real. Drink the Kool-Aid. He needs to be on the field early and often, the guy is already our best pass catching option. Just like with the practices the dude flat stands out.

2. Spruce gets open and catches the ball. If they cut him in favor of another size/talent option that can't execute it will be a mistake. His production was not a fluke and he is going to help this offense. He's not a primary matchup problem, but he is a role player who will consistently execute and maybe grow into more.

3. Goff puts the ball downfield with accuracy. Really pissed me off how Dallas called their game, and in a way I'm irked with the Rams for not seeing that coming. They have the #1 pick and teams know his arm talent. Heat's gonna come in every preseason game just bank it and gameplan the MFing protections for him. On the other side Dallas did a great job preparing their kid QB, he was ready and had plenty of quick reads that were of course wide open grr. Either way though I'll say it again that I don't see dropoff from Keenum to Goff. Defenses will not roll up tight on Goff the way he looks and throws downfield.

4. WRs are hit and miss as a group. Tavon dropping that third down pass... He cannot do that any more if he wants to be a leader and inspiration for this offense. He needs to catch that pass. Cooper dropping a tough deep pass... The Cooper I saw on film in college makes that catch, so I assume he's still not settled in yet, but we need guys to step the F up and execute, i.e. catch the ball. Thomas letting that one go through his hands, ugh. Made me actually want to see Quick get more targets.

This team has a long way to go from what I saw tonight. Here's hoping Fish ramps it up and gets them there.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really disappointed with the defense because they're a seasoned squad in the same defense with good depth and should have played better vs the run and pass. Giving up yards like that right out the gate stole reps from the offense and it was one-sided in Dallas' favor when the snaps mattered. Clearly missing Gaines is a problem. Sensabaugh is a depth guy, and if he's in there for any length of time particularly matched up with a good receiver he's in trouble and so is our defense. Dallas had great protections, and I like to think things would have been different if Quinn was starting at RDE but still got to give them credit. What bothers me is the slow start they had in pressures last year, and that had better pick up noticeably by preseason game 3.

Yeah I know it's preseason. Still, in preseason you can see trends and I think the following reinforced what was witnessed in camp:

1. Higbee is for real. Drink the Kool-Aid. He needs to be on the field early and often, the guy is already our best pass catching option. Just like with the practices the dude flat stands out.

2. Spruce gets open and catches the ball. If they cut him in favor of another size/talent option that can't execute it will be a mistake. His production was not a fluke and he is going to help this offense. He's not a primary matchup problem, but he is a role player who will consistently execute and maybe grow into more.

3. Goff puts the ball downfield with accuracy. Really pissed me off how Dallas called their game, and in a way I'm irked with the Rams for not seeing that coming. They have the #1 pick and teams know his arm talent. Heat's gonna come in every preseason game just bank it and gameplan the MFing protections for him. On the other side Dallas did a great job preparing their kid QB, he was ready and had plenty of quick reads that were of course wide open grr. Either way though I'll say it again that I don't see dropoff from Keenum to Goff. Defenses will not roll up tight on Goff the way he looks and throws downfield.

4. WRs are hit and miss as a group. Tavon dropping that third down pass... He cannot do that any more if he wants to be a leader and inspiration for this offense. He needs to catch that pass. Cooper dropping a tough deep pass... The Cooper I saw on film in college makes that catch, so I assume he's still not settled in yet, but we need guys to step the F up and execute, i.e. catch the ball. Thomas letting that one go through his hands, ugh. Made me actually want to see Quick get more targets.

This team has a long way to go from what I saw tonight. Here's hoping Fish ramps it up and gets them there.

Seems to be what my eyes seen... Great tell it like it was breakdown Merlin.... I'm going to sleep on it review the game again tomorrow and post some notes.. One good thing is I'm Glad the Rams gave that packed stadium of fans a comeback win in their first game back in LA...