Fisher has extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bruce2980

Starter
Just when I thought I couldn't feel any worse , I listen to that . Wow
Sorry my man, it's bad. Maybe that is why Eric Dickerson is so determined on getting Fisher fired
What's funny about it is all the bitching and whining like fans have control of any decisions that pro teams make. I chose to laugh because I have a life outside of a fricken Game that doesn't change my life whatsoever. Rams lose oh well Rams win great it's just a game.
Ha, I get your point, but I also get how frustrating it is to be a fan of a sports team who wants to win, when it really isn't about winning, it's only about money.

Bruce2980

Starter
No I was pointing out a fact that no one would admit. The writing was on the wall you just chose not to read it.
You're right, the writing was on the wall from the begging of the season, but that writing also defied all logic and reason to fans that only want to have a winning team to cheer for. It's not like we are delusional, just hopeful that "reason, and a organizations will to win," and not the love of money, would prevail in the end.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Sorry my man, it's bad. Maybe that is why Eric Dickerson is so determined on getting Fisher fired

Ha, I get your point, but I also get how frustrating it is to be a fan of a sports team who wants to win, when it really isn't about winning, it's only about money.

Wasn't trying to be an ass and unfortunately the game has turned in to a money maker. Back when I was going to every game at the coliseum it was smash mouth football and no of these pansy ass rules that have turned the game in to pro wrestling. Bad officiating and these pansy rules have ruined the game

Bruce2980

Starter
Wasn't trying to be an ass and unfortunately the game has turned in to a money maker. Back when I was going to every game at the coliseum it was smash mouth football and no of these pansy ass rules that have turned the game in to pro wrestling. Bad officiating and these pansy rules have ruined the game
Yeah back then the off season was a time for player to go back to their regular jobs. Now the NFL has become a behemoth that even forces money out of tax payers pockets whether they like it or not. Back to watching old LA Rams games I guess, at least until Sunday.:)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
certain mods and a few posters have made political comments i'm uncomfortable with

This is why members have the option of:
1) sending a 'mod report'
2) sending a pm to a mod or mods
3) posting a thread on what's bothering you in the Off Topic section
4) using the 'ignore function'

I don't want to be banned by calling out someone or getting involved in a debate which may cost my membership here.

That will never happen here if you use the steps listed above.

A good member recently asked us to delete his account because we warned him repeatedly about bringing his religious opinions into the conversations, signature, etc. It's a shame that happened but we must be uniform and fair across the board when it comes to religion and politics. Those topics are hugely divisive.

It seems that we have missed a few of those type of comments. For that we apologize. We can't be everywhere however. This is where the rest of you come in. Use those 4 steps listed above. Be our eyes and help us to moderate this place fairly and consistently.

Don't want to lose your presence or your input here, Rams brother. (y)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You that's not really a valid reason right ?

No, but it happens in the NFL. Let's move on.

That's on the coaching though ..lack of accountability..playing conservative 2 runs for minimal gain and a pass short of the sticks isn't going to get it done .. lack of accountability means stupid mistakes keep happening

I always chuckle when someone pounds the table for accountability, then when he sits Greg Robinson for penalties they cry over that as well.

Also, I've been watching the offesne, same as you. I don't see what your describing. Is it good? No. Is it what you describe? No.

I admire your grit for sticking with your conviction but If he isn't the answer he shouldn't get and extension .. four years of losing football

Whatever. I still like the move.

It hasn't improved in the four years fish has been here same lacklustre o line . Poor play from the WR unit ..I watch a lot of other teams due to the fact I watch the games on redzone .. I see deep plays ..play actions passes .. a run game (which is what fisher preaches ) .. but players know they can screw up and nothing happens (unless your a rookie who brings a girl to your room )

OL is OK. I don't think it's any better or any worse than other OLs (they are pretty meh league wide with very few exceptions, like Oakland and Dallas). Kenny Britt and Brian Quick are having one of their better years. I'm not even bothering to address your last point.

Bottom line is this ... I liked and supported fisher for a long time and have even during the last three years and when he was did the whole 7-9 speech on hard knocks I believed him .. but for me the dude has lost all credibility for me

K.

From the 7-9 speech to Dickerson debacle the not knowing who the pats running backs were were to not being able to find the challenge flag yesterday .. and while those things don't hurt us a team .. it shows his incompetence

Meh.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OL is OK. I don't think it's any better or any worse than other OLs (they are pretty meh league wide with very few exceptions, like Oakland and Dallas). Kenny Britt and Brian Quick are having one of their better years. I'm not even bothering to address your last point.

I don't know what team you were watching this past Sunday. Our OL hasn't blocked for Todd Gurley all year long. And is wildly inconsistent in pass protection. This OL isn't okay. It's one of the worst in the league. At minimum, the Rams need to replace Tim Barnes and add a LT to shift Robinson inside or add a top tier OG to replace Wichmann if they want another year of Robinson at LT.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always chuckle when someone pounds the table for accountability, then when he sits Greg Robinson for penalties they cry over that as well.

have a look... im on record as supporting that move...actually ill save ya the time

you know what we rail on fisher for lack of accountability but the healthy scratching of GRob at least shows he trying to make players accountable

now whether he did it at the right time or the right guy (im not a fan of Grob FWIW ) is most definitely debatable but i kinda like the move

Also, I've been watching the offesne, same as you. I don't see what your describing. Is it good? No. Is it what you describe? No.

granted a little hyperbole on my part ... but im not far wrong i mean 32nd rank offense right ? how many 3rd conversions did we have on sunday ?

OL is OK. I don't think it's any better or any worse than other OLs (they are pretty meh league wide with very few exceptions, like Oakland and Dallas).
well @jrry32 said it better than i could of...but like he said no running game to speak of and after 4 years an "ok" Oline isnt good enough its not like he hasnt has the time to fix it either

Kenny Britt and Brian Quick are having one of their better years. I'm not even bothering to address your last point.

ill agree on Britt and Quick they are having a better year (but then its not hard to show improvement from awful to meh )

Last edited:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
OK. One game that's on outlier for a bad day. Yeah, that really paints the whole picture defensively.

No. I simply agree with this move. Sorry I don't follow the mob and bitch about the coach at every chance I get. My tune hasn't changed since last week. I disagree with firing him b/c it changes EVERYTHING. From assistant coaches to scheme to players. I think there is a good thing going on defense and an offesne that hopefully will find it's way with Jared and Todd.

It's at most, a 2 year extension. The team can opt out after next year. It's not like it's another 5 year deal.

But we need to change. Why go on for two more years of the same. Get someone in NOW, teach Goff NOW. Use the Talent NOW, players tend to decline with age. Sticking with what hasn't worked for 5 years for 2 more years, will just ruin the talent, ruin the fanbase, and prove this is the EDIT.

Last edited by a moderator:

FRO

Legend
The Rams have had 8 games decided by less than a TD. They have gone 4-4 in those games. A play here or there and the team could be 8-4, or 0-12. The thing about this Rams team is a 14-0 first quarter deficit seems like an insurmountable task. The team lacks the ability to run up a big lead or come back. To me it goes to what is the philosophy of some coaches of playing not to lose. Keep the game close and try and win it in the 4th quarter. For a majority of the season the Rams have been able to keep it close for the most part. The only problem is by playing like that you leave yourself no room for error. Fisher will never be nor should he be a riverboat gambler like Martz. The team isn't built for that style. He does need to open things up a bit though. Some times worry a bit less about controlling the clock and more about getting points on the board. Gregg Williams may not like that as he didn't like Saunders in Washington because he felt like his offenses scored too quickly. Predictable ball control offenses don't stay on the field long either. Short passes and runs up the middle doesn't add up to points. Fisher will be here another season. I actually believe he could be a successful coach, provided he changes his ball control philosophy. His defense and special teams are playoff caliber. His offense is an abomination. He has two cornerstones to build on. He needs a quality coordinator and the guts to play to win.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ever-tone-deaf-rams-fisher-194532915.html

Ever tone deaf, Rams, Fisher march toward obscurity in L.A.

83859e274e047620c5b0cef09bf012d7

Jeff Fisher, Los Angeles Rams

The close companion to “loser” yesterday was “awkward”, as the Los Angeles Ramsexplained and opined about a loss in New England, AND news regarding Jeff Fisher and Les Snead. Accordingly, it was a day where bad news was made both on and off the field.

Follow
Alden Gonzalez

✔@Alden_Gonzalez

Per @AdamSchefter, Fisher's deal "done weeks ago" without announcement. Snead also extended. Expectation was they would be back together.

10:03 AM - 4 Dec 2016

Such is a day in the life for Rams fans.

Most remarkable, and maybe this comes from the view as an observer, but how so many on that roster seems to be OK with this, almost euphoric with the prospects of a losing administration staying in place.

From Todd Gurley to Alec Ogletree, and I’m guessing everyone in between, the news was met with joy.

Follow
Dani Klupenger

✔@daniklup

"He's my coach. He's the coach that drafted me. I love that guy. I'm happy for him (Fisher's extension)." -Gurley

4:46 PM - 4 Dec 2016

View image on Twitter
Cy3ZmUHUkAAmbUV.jpg:small

Follow
Alden Gonzalez

✔@Alden_Gonzalez

Rams DE Will Hayes, on Jeff Fisher: "Stand-up guy, takes care of his guys. ..." http://es.pn/2g0BJWJ

5:27 PM - 4 Dec 2016

And they’d just lost a football game.

Look, I’m not trying to conflate the two. The timing of the announcement was bad. Like Rams on the field bad. But the level of disconnect from the reality of the situation is staggering. Almost as if the franchise is completely separate from the fan base in Los Angeles.

In his post-game presser, Jeff Fisher said this when asked what he would say to Rams fans not just in L.A., but fans everywhere.

Via the Sporting News:

“Well, I would tell them the truth, that this was done well before the season started. It was done well before we had 90,000 people in the (Los Angeles) Coliseum for our first preseason game. And you know, we’re just moving forward, that’s what we are doing. Trying to put our product on the field, we’ve lost some close games, you know, and we are struggling offensively. That’s where it is at. That stuff is out of my control.”

AROUND COVER32

Power Rankings: Who are the pretenders and who are the contenders?

QB Rankings:: Familiar faces on top

Rams Lose: Los Angeles reaches a now low, on and off the field

50 Shades Of Stupid: Kevin Demoff keeps getting it wrong in L.A.

Groundhog Day: Little sign that change may come in Los Angeles

Up Close & Personal: L.A. should note what winning looks like in New England

Indifference?

That’s his answer?

Those “90,000” will likely be a high watermark for attendance in comparison to what he can expect over the next three home games in the Coliseum.

Fisher’s now standard answer is to say we lost, deal, we’ll just keep running a losing product out there, and like, whatever.

The Los Angeles Rams, beginning with Kevin Demoff, are all about the sound bite and the spin. No accountability, no explanations, and certainly no answers.

Yesterday was business as usual, Rams style.

“Moving on.”

“Figuring it out.”

“Trying to get better.”

Basically, deal with it.

Just business as usual.

So deal with it.

I'm sure they don't like losing but a coach they like (for whatever their reasons) is something they don't want to lose...I really don't think It's because they're not required to work hard at practice,, I think It's simply because he always seems to have their collective backs whether they deserve it or not...That's just the way I think it might roll...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't know what team you were watching this past Sunday. Our OL hasn't blocked for Todd Gurley all year long. And is wildly inconsistent in pass protection. This OL isn't okay. It's one of the worst in the league. At minimum, the Rams need to replace Tim Barnes and add a LT to shift Robinson inside or add a top tier OG to replace Wichmann if they want another year of Robinson at LT.

I remember when Saffold moved inside, I think that was a nice move...It's possible that Roinson might flourish at G...At this point I'm ready to see it happen, even if just as an experiment...I 've also not been real happy with the D seeming to get Abbas from most hete...Inconsistency is a big problem for me...Don't claim to know the answer but I think there's problem..It's not just them being on the field too much, IMO...

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
There is also talk of a team opt-out after next year, so it may only mean that they owe him a year of salary if they cut bait this winter.

in this time of fake news hear is mine. dermoff only gave fisher that contract so his dad got a big pay check they will still fire him after the season it's called crony nfl ism

DthOn2Legs

Rookie
Rams extend HC Jeff Fisher: YORK Grade

I can't believe I'm writing about a Jeff Fisher extension. I just can't. What did he do to earn a new contract? Is Rams ownership that impressed with his 7-9 seasons? Fisher isn't even on pace to go 7-9 this year, meaning he won't even reach his own established level of mediocrity. That's just sad.

There are no financial implications available, but I don't care what they are. This could be a 2-year, 99-cent deal, and it would still be awful. Fisher, in his five years in St. Louis or Los Angeles, has gone 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9 and 4-7. He hasn't achieved one .500 campaign yet. Fisher used to be great, but he now coaches like it's 1995. He wants to win via running the ball and playing defense, which is a formula that only wins if a team has an absolutely elite stop unit like Denver in 2015. It doesn't work otherwise, and it's no surprise that Fisher hasn't avoided a single losing season in Fisher's tenure.

This will get an "F." Since it's the owner's decision, it'll be a York instead of a Millen. Stan Kroenke has once again proven himself to be utterly incompetent; first, moving a team to a city where people don't care about professional football, and now extending a coach who hasn't even been medicore in a very long time. Kroenke proved that he doesn't care about his team winning at all by moving to Los Angeles, so this extension, in hindsight, shouldn't have been surprising in the slightest.

http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Rams extend HC Jeff Fisher: YORK Grade

I can't believe I'm writing about a Jeff Fisher extension. I just can't. What did he do to earn a new contract? Is Rams ownership that impressed with his 7-9 seasons? Fisher isn't even on pace to go 7-9 this year, meaning he won't even reach his own established level of mediocrity. That's just sad.

There are no financial implications available, but I don't care what they are. This could be a 2-year, 99-cent deal, and it would still be awful. Fisher, in his five years in St. Louis or Los Angeles, has gone 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9 and 4-7. He hasn't achieved one .500 campaign yet. Fisher used to be great, but he now coaches like it's 1995. He wants to win via running the ball and playing defense, which is a formula that only wins if a team has an absolutely elite stop unit like Denver in 2015. It doesn't work otherwise, and it's no surprise that Fisher hasn't avoided a single losing season in Fisher's tenure.

This will get an "F." Since it's the owner's decision, it'll be a York instead of a Millen. Stan Kroenke has once again proven himself to be utterly incompetent; first, moving a team to a city where people don't care about professional football, and now extending a coach who hasn't even been medicore in a very long time. Kroenke proved that he doesn't care about his team winning at all by moving to Los Angeles, so this extension, in hindsight, shouldn't have been surprising in the slightest.

http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php

That last paragraph is complete horse shit.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
That last paragraph is complete horse crap.

I wan't to agree with you. But I'm putting that on hold until we see what happens in the offseason. If we see the Rams come back next season with the same HC, then it's going to be difficult to dispute that last paragraph.

EDIT: Not so much on whether a given city supports pro football or not, but on the questions of competence and caring about winning.