Fisher gives Schottenheimer Vote of Confidence/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Um, have you not noticed that the offense kept pounding the middle though it rarely worked in order to set up play action and gadget plays? The PROBLEM was that Wells and Joseph suck, Saffold would be better at RG, and Robinson is still learning the game. Fix that and you will see identity. Note, Schotty has coordinated a top rushing team in the Jets.

With Bill Callahan as the running game coordinator / Oline coach. IMO, if Fisher really plans to hold on to Schottenhiemer, he really needs to bring in Callahan who is in the last year of his contract with Dallas.

That said, some of the execution issues might be avoided if an OC better adjusts to the strengths and/or weaknesses of his personnel.

Perhaps hitting the edges more vs. pounding it straight up the middle if there is an issue on the interior.
Maybe use more zone blocking rushing plays to perhaps give these guys a chance.
Isn't a short passing game a better option with Oline issues? And especially with Hill at QB.
(I can't recall seeing so few slants).
And if WRs are struggling to separate, why not utilize more bunch formations like Arizona does, etc..

Adjust. Adjust. Adjust.

Last edited:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Didnt he also give Walton a vote of confidence right after last season? I'm not sayin that I think Schotty will be canned, just sayin that a vote of confidence today does not necessarily guarantee Schotty will be around come training camp.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That sucks. Here's hoping Schotty is everything Fish believes he is. It's inexplicable to me, but whatever. I'm done hoping it's gonna happen now, and am gonna get behind the decision despite how much I hate it.

Better get that dude an overpowering OL so even when a defense knows what to expect it won't matter. Here's hoping that happens.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
All I can say is that Schotty should thank whatever deity he believes in that he works for Jeff Fisher. I'm not so sure most HCs would be satisfied with what has transpired over the last 3 years offensively. Yes, I'm aware of the QB issues, but this is the NFL where people wear the big boy pants, and he didn't light the world on fire at his last job either. Of course, we can't know what exactly Fisher is telling him. Perhaps Schotty is trying to expand the offensive plans, but gets shut down by the boss. Maybe he talked until he was blue in the face to replace Wells and Joseph with Barnes and Co and was denied. So I'm going to accept and move on.

How awful is your interior line that when you type the name Wells into your phone it automatically brings Joseph up as the following word? How does a guard and center combo be so awful that even your cell phone knows to tie them together to explain offensive woes? :D

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I agree with blue4's point; Whoever decided to keep playing Wells and Joseph needs to go! Now!

I am an optimist, but if Fisher didn't use the tail end of his 6 win season to see if there was a credible guy on his roster who could replace those clowns then he is truly lost, and is part of the problem. The Rams still lost all of their games after being eliminated right? Perhaps we could have learned something about Person and Jones. I don't get the devotion to already proven failures. I suspect this misguided loyalty oozes all the way down to the coaching staff.

I am not a Fisher guy, but he is going to get his 5 years, and he will do it his way. I have often called Schotty "Mr MaGoo" because of his lack of vision. However, if he is being force fead a cavalcade of looser has been nothings, then maybe it is not on him at all. Either way, someone needs to answer for Joseph and Wells!