Fisher expresses his displeasure after Rams' 35-11 loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I feel sorry for Stan Kroenke,outbids the Dolphins for Fisher,Long, the Titans for Cook and this what he gets for his money, I'm just here passing time hoping to have a good time,my investment is completely fungible ,Fisher nah he's getting paid a load to do this ,most of them are.

FWIW I think the expectation was for a 5ft 7in. dynamo to transform a team , every analysis I hear mentions his name and then during the game we hear that the MOST criticized wr on the team is the one guy Bradford really trusts and then he misses him like a HS QB with anxiety issues, argh.

AGAIN I ASK,WHO RUINED SANCHEZ

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
The predictability factor is what I think is killing us the most with this offense.

I don't know, maybe it's our opponents so far, but to me the offensive line is just getting beat too badly to establish the run as a part of our game plan.

At least when Saffold and Long were healthy, the rushing attack looked like a viable option at least as a counter attack.

Who knows the heights they've sunken to now and what will work best against the Jaguars?

RamzFanz

Damnit
moklerman said:
This team needs to go no-huddle, up tempo and start challenging the defense.

There will be no running game while defenses don't respect the passing game.

You get a Bouncy (sorry, new one is still a work in progress)

Bouncyhelmet_zps67a277c4.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thordaddy said:
FWIW I think the expectation was for a 5ft 7in. dynamo to transform a team , every analysis I hear mentions his name and then during the game we hear that the MOST criticized wr on the team is the one guy Bradford really trusts and then he misses him like a HS QB with anxiety issues, argh.

AGAIN I ASK,WHO RUINED SANCHEZ

it wasn't only pettis sam missed. a few of his throws led the receivers too far. they dove full length and still couldn't reach the ball.

i wonder what the problem is? usually the balls are on the money but get dropped or swatted away by the defender. maybe sam is overcompensating when he see a defender in the receivers hip pocket and throwing the ball to a spot he knows it won't get intercepted.

something is broken in the passing game.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:
HometownBoy said:
More of what I expected, trite and uninspiring crap about patience and how we'll win the game their way.

My confidence in Fisher has taken a severe shot today, and this lack of a reaction isn't helping any either.
I'm sure he's pissed off, Aaron, but he's just not one of those coaches who goes all nuclear in a presser. If he started acting that way after 17 years, some people might get satisfaction from it, but quite a few others would say he's losing control of himself and the team. It's just the way most coaches are, unfortunately.

I'm sure he sees what's wrong. He has to. You are right, going nuclear would raise other flags. He also doesn't need to explain to people what exactly he plans in doing to fix it. It would only give other teams insight on what they plan on doing about. He'll get it together. I'm still really worried about Schotty though. I think they need to do a combination of things to fix the running game. Perhaps inserting a mauler at OG and powerful move blocker at either FB or TE. I like Wells but he's not getting any push either. Maybe Jake Long's foot injury is worse than advertised? He doesn't look right either.
Not sure who those guys are but I don't think Chris Williams and Shelley Smith are the solution. Try Mike Person at LG? Try max Starks at LG? Not sure.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
ViperLjs said:
X said:
Well, that's not gonna inspire a ton of people. "Get back to basics and learn to run the football."

Radical change, or back to basics? I understand the thinking. Can't really do anything different or better if you can't even execute what they're doing now. While being successful in the run game will obviously lead to more opportunities in the passing game, I just don't see HOW we're going to start running the ball. I haven't seen this O-line dominate anyone in that regard yet.

Sigh.

This is what worries me as well. for a running game to have any success the o-line has be able to push off the line of scrimmage, and so far they have been completely incapable of doing so.

One thing that is very strange to me is that given our lack of "push" up front, there are ways to scheme the run game a little better, with traps/pulls and stretch runs, but we insist on running between the tackles, straight up, every time. It's quite baffling, really.

+1

I think we have the speedy personnel to make creative running plays. But between the tackles is not the way to go!

NOTE TO FISHER
D Richardson and Pead are NOT Steven Jackson. Play to your teams strengths, not weaknesses... for fucks sake

duckhunter

Starter
Since Fisher says he doesn't know what the problem is, is the equipment manager in trouble?

moklerman

Warner-phile
I didn't see anything about it but did Fisher even get asked if Schottenheimer's job was in question? This team hasn't put up points against any good team since he's been here. This isn't just a slow start this year, there are many examples. First points scored in the first quarter in 10 games for example. And that was polished off by being shut out the rest of the way.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
moklerman said:
X said:
Well, that's not gonna inspire a ton of people. "Get back to basics and learn to run the football."

Radical change, or back to basics? I understand the thinking. Can't really do anything different or better if you can't even execute what they're doing now. While being successful in the run game will obviously lead to more opportunities in the passing game, I just don't see HOW we're going to start running the ball. I haven't seen this O-line dominate anyone in that regard yet.

Sigh.
X, you reminded me of something that I was talking about during the game. Running to establish the pass is the exact wrong thing for this team to try. It's the classic mantra in the NFL but it isn't an absolute rule.

Right now, the Rams aren't challenging the defense down the field at all so they're generally facing only a 4 man rush. Defenses know they aren't going to go vertical at this point. It's the same thing that Shurmur did. This team needs to go no-huddle, up tempo and start challenging the defense.

Fisher not knowing what to do and reverting to "getting the running game going" is sad news to me. There will be no running game while defenses don't respect the passing game.
What we did against the NYG last year was beautiful. Why this coaching staff is unwilling to try this again is beyond me. Sad news is probably the most appropriate way to characterize it.

This is extremely saddening and disappointing. I feel the pieces are now in place to start a real climb toward the next level, and we're going to blow it all because our coaching staff is either incapable, too arrogant, too lazy, or too afraid to reach outside the box for a solution.

I actually don't think I've ever been more pissed at this franchise. There just seems to me to be no good reason for what's happening. It's inexcusable.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
moklerman said:
I didn't see anything about it but did Fisher even get asked if Schottenheimer's job was in question? This team hasn't put up points against any good team since he's been here. This isn't just a slow start this year, there are many examples. First points scored in the first quarter in 10 games for example. And that was polished off by being shut out the rest of the way.
So even if he did much like every other NFL coach it would be no comment or we are not evaluating it at this time.
I mean I get it y'all want tougher questions to be asked but HC's are trained to deflect questions

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"For our fans, have faith in this football team". I'm there!!!!Go Rams!