Fisher expresses his displeasure after Rams' 35-11 loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[101]https://soundcloud.com/101sports/head-coach-jeff-fisher[/101]

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
News Bot said:
[101]https://soundcloud.com/101sports/head-coach-jeff-fisher[/101]

I actually feel bad for him.

I feel bad for us too though..... :ww:

moklerman

Warner-phile
Coach, why do you think the offense is struggling?

I don't know.

Well, I know I feel better now. :sick:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, that's not gonna inspire a ton of people. "Get back to basics and learn to run the football."

Radical change, or back to basics? I understand the thinking. Can't really do anything different or better if you can't even execute what they're doing now. While being successful in the run game will obviously lead to more opportunities in the passing game, I just don't see HOW we're going to start running the ball. I haven't seen this O-line dominate anyone in that regard yet.

Sigh.

moklerman

Warner-phile
X said:
Well, that's not gonna inspire a ton of people. "Get back to basics and learn to run the football."

Radical change, or back to basics? I understand the thinking. Can't really do anything different or better if you can't even execute what they're doing now. While being successful in the run game will obviously lead to more opportunities in the passing game, I just don't see HOW we're going to start running the ball. I haven't seen this O-line dominate anyone in that regard yet.

Sigh.
X, you reminded me of something that I was talking about during the game. Running to establish the pass is the exact wrong thing for this team to try. It's the classic mantra in the NFL but it isn't an absolute rule.

Right now, the Rams aren't challenging the defense down the field at all so they're generally facing only a 4 man rush. Defenses know they aren't going to go vertical at this point. It's the same thing that Shurmur did. This team needs to go no-huddle, up tempo and start challenging the defense.

Fisher not knowing what to do and reverting to "getting the running game going" is sad news to me. There will be no running game while defenses don't respect the passing game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
moklerman said:
X said:

Sigh.
X, you reminded me of something that I was talking about during the game. Running to establish the pass is the exact wrong thing for this team to try. It's the classic mantra in the NFL but it isn't an absolute rule.

Right now, the Rams aren't challenging the defense down the field at all so they're generally facing only a 4 man rush. Defenses know they aren't going to go vertical at this point. It's the same thing that Shurmur did. This team needs to go no-huddle, up tempo and start challenging the defense.

Fisher not knowing what to do and reverting to "getting the running game going" is sad news to me. There will be no running game while defenses don't respect the passing game.
Yeah, that's my line of thinking as well. I don't see how we can do it the reverse way.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
More of what I expected, trite and uninspiring crap about patience and how we'll win the game their way.

My confidence in Fisher has taken a severe shot today, and this lack of a reaction isn't helping any either.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HometownBoy said:
More of what I expected, trite and uninspiring crap about patience and how we'll win the game their way.

My confidence in Fisher has taken a severe shot today, and this lack of a reaction isn't helping any either.
I'm sure he's pissed off, Aaron, but he's just not one of those coaches who goes all nuclear in a presser. If he started acting that way after 17 years, some people might get satisfaction from it, but quite a few others would say he's losing control of himself and the team. It's just the way most coaches are, unfortunately.

ViperLjs

Rookie
X said:

Sigh.

This is what worries me as well. for a running game to have any success the o-line has be able to push off the line of scrimmage, and so far they have been completely incapable of doing so.

One thing that is very strange to me is that given our lack of "push" up front, there are ways to scheme the run game a little better, with traps/pulls and stretch runs, but we insist on running between the tackles, straight up, every time. It's quite baffling, really.

moklerman

Warner-phile
X said:
HometownBoy said:

I'm sure he's pissed off, Aaron, but he's just not one of those coaches who goes all nuclear in a presser. If he started acting that way after 17 years, some people might get satisfaction from it, but quite a few others would say he's losing control of himself and the team. It's just the way most coaches are, unfortunately.
I don't know about that, he stormed off after just two questions from what I've read. Seems like he may in fact be losing it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
moklerman said:
X said:
HometownBoy said:

I don't know about that, he stormed off after just two questions from what I've read. Seems like he may in fact be losing it.
lol. See?

I'll have to wait until the video comes out. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't want to answer many questions after tonight. I was mainly referring to those who want to hear him freak the hell out and scream about this being unacceptable while pounding the table. He's just not like that.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
X said:
HometownBoy said:

I feel you on that Paulie, last thing I want is Fisher embarrassing the team with a Mora/Green/Harbaughesque melt down and temper tantrum. I don't wanna see him make excuses and slam his hand on the podium and scream.

I really just want him to say something, something else other than man things were bad out there, don't worry we'll play good football the Fisher way.

I'll be honest I don't even really know what I want right now, I can tell I'm pretty sore from the game and as jaded as can be right now.

I just want something other than the same old, same old that's been declining as the season goes on.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
X said:
moklerman said:
X said:
HometownBoy said:

lol. See?

I'll have to wait until the video comes out. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't want to answer many questions after tonight. I was mainly referring to those who want to hear him freak the hell out and scream about this being unacceptable while pounding the table. He's just not like that.
Never mind. Here it is. Nobody asked anything else, and he said "Thank you."

[vimeo]75553937[/vimeo]
<a class="postlink" href="http://vimeo.com/75553937" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vimeo.com/75553937</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HometownBoy said:
I'll be honest I don't even really know what I want right now, I can tell I'm pretty sore from the game and as jaded as can be right now.

I just want something other than the same old, same old that's been declining as the season goes on.
I feel ya. And I'd be disingenuous if I said I wouldn't want to see him lash out at someone.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Never mind. Here it is. Nobody asked anything else, and he said "Thank you."
thanks for the video. How bizarre. How can a team implode like that and the press has basically no questions about it?

Coach, were you disappointed you got your azzes handed to you?

Well, duh!

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
ViperLjs said:
X said:

Sigh.

This is what worries me as well. for a running game to have any success the o-line has be able to push off the line of scrimmage, and so far they have been completely incapable of doing so.

One thing that is very strange to me is that given our lack of "push" up front, there are ways to scheme the run game a little better, with traps/pulls and stretch runs, but we insist on running between the tackles, straight up, every time. It's quite baffling, really.

+1.

Been saying the same thing for a while now. Same type of run EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:

Sigh.

EXACTLY........................... :sick: Ahh, note to interviewer, it ain't just the "O".......

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ramsince62 said:
X said:

Sigh.

EXACTLY........................... :sick: Ahh, note to interviewer, it ain't just the "O".......

I'm with you guys. If he thinks running the football is the key to fixing this he's gonna drive this car off the cliff again next week.

WE ARE GETTING BEAT WITH THE SCHEMES.

Something SIGNIFICANT needs to change.

We are the most predictable team in the league.

iced

CGI_Ram said:
ramsince62 said:
X said:

Sigh.

I'm with you guys. If he thinks running the football is the key to fixing this he's gonna drive this car off the cliff again next week.

Running the ball isnt the cure all but it certainly helps

Hell look at the niners week 2 and 3, then last night.. running the football certainly helped them out

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
iced said:
CGI_Ram said:
ramsince62 said:
X said:

Sigh.

Running the ball isnt the cure all but it certainly helps

Hell look at the niners week 2 and 3, then last night.. running the football certainly helped them out

Agree, it helps.

But... so could an effective passing game. Is the pass opening up the run?

The whole thing needs to be blown up! :cheese: