Fisher could finally pull the plug on the Brian Quick (article)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a dismal commentary on him if he can't hold off the rookies. Five years experience and athletically superior to all of them.

This guy just isn't a football player.
He always seemed far and I mean FAR behind the curve his first 3 years in terms of football I.Q. too. Wasn't ready, didn't know routes, while we all were thinking he has the potential to be the second coming to Jerry Rice. Maybe his heart just isn't in it. We all supported him year after year on ROD. I'm ready to move on.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
He always seemed far and I mean FAR behind the curve his first 3 years in terms of football I.Q. too. Wasn't ready, didn't know routes, while we all were thinking he has the potential to be the second coming to Jerry Rice. Maybe his heart just isn't in it. We all supported him year after year on ROD. I'm ready to move on.

I always thought it would happen for him...Injuries aside [though the shoulder was very serious) I just don't really see it happening...Cook is an athletic freak too but he didn't fulfill his promise with the Rams..Some of the receiver problems here were the lack of help from the rest of the offense, but the bottom line has been that Quick simply hasn't shown enough to invest any more time on him...Too many young guys showing as much or more and are younger...Just my opinion of course...I think that if they invest another year in him, he better not have a decent year but a very good year...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lets see he was targeted 32 times last year caught 10 passes and had 1 drop. What's wrong with this picture? That means 21 passes to him were off target or defended ya its all quicks fault he didn't prove himself. It takes two to throw and catch

He does not run good routes at all. Look at when Goff threw him a pass.He barley even looked back & the ball was there.He quits way to early. He ran a route in practice & I was going to yell at him to cut inside.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ditto.

I posted that pic of him from Monday's practice doing the same thing after he dropped a sure catch during WR drills.

Listen guys, I loved Quick. I wanted him to succeed. I trusted Snead and Fisher with their private work out they held with him prior to drafting him. It isn't working out. I have been to four or five practices now and it's the same thing every time. Moments of awesomeness shattered by back to earth reality with drops that should have been catches.
Absolutely right. Can't have those drops.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Quick going into his 5th year and still being treated like a rookie, taking time away from coaches who should be coaching up REAL rookies. Its past time to move on from Q.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My position here has been known for a long time before TC & pre season. Its been reinforced by more than half way through pre season. Back in May I posted that Quick to me could not be more than a #6 WR on this team. I FAR much favor a very heavy TE/H-back/FB cadre with the likes of the talents Higbee/ Kendricks/ Harkey/ Justice Cunningham & Hemingway :sneaky: than to carry 6 wide outs that includes non producer! I believe these five TE's offensive players will contribute much better in the long run to this Ram offense than cuddling a roster spot for Quick.:palm:

I favor the 5 to be more in line with Austin, Britt, Cooper, Spruce & Williams myself. Thomas IMO is on the bubble fight with Hemmingway or Justice Cunningham of which only Hemingway or Thomas can go to the practice squad. I would really hate to loose Justice's blocking:lifting:. Rams will have four RB's who have proved to be good pass catchers when utilized so I just do not see a great need for a non producer taking up a valuable rooster spot when we have so many other offensive players who hands are very predictable & dependable. None of which can be said of Quick. Investing any further valuable time on this non player is a costly waste & continuing on an mistake that should never have been made by Snead.

Last edited:

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
My position here has been known for a long time before TC & pre season. Its been reinforced by more than half way through pre season. Back in May I posted that Quick to me could not be more than a #6 WR on this team. I FAR much favor a very heavy TE/H-back/FB cadre with the likes of the talents Higbee/ Kendricks/ Harkey/ Justice Cunningham & Hemingway :sneaky: than to carry 6 wide outs that includes non producer! I believe these five TE's offensive players will contribute much better in the long run to this Ram offense than cuddling a roster spot for Quick.:palm:

I favor the 5 to be more in line with Austin, Britt, Cooper, Spruce & Williams myself. Thomas IMO is on the bubble fight with Hemmingway or Justice Cunningham of which only Hemingway or Thomas can go to the practice squad. I would really hate to loose Justice's blocking:lifting:. Rams will have four RB's who have proved to be good pass catchers when utilized so I just do not see a great need for a non producer taking up a valuable rooster spot when we have so many other offensive players who hands are very predictable & dependable. None of which can be said of Quick. Investing any further valuable time on this non player is a costly waste & continuing on an mistake that should never have been made by Snead.

Very well put! An excellent solution to our WR dilemma. Keep a bunch of sure handed TE's!

Brilliant! Watch us march down the field with this setup. It won't be flashy but it will get the job done and also allow the D a little rest.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

View: https://www.facebook.com/InsideTheRamsSCNG/videos/vb.215161288828361/325098284501327/?type=2&theater
blob:https://www.facebook.com/fa412919-d3f0-431f-a5f2-093f1e4d9ada
blob:https://www.facebook.com/e4e66105-3720-43f8-a0a4-7b75c6e6c884

I put these up there for a reason...Please listen to it...

Another armchair article pshhh...............if he gets on a team with a good offense and QB he will put up the numbers.
Guy in here compares him to Cook....I had to laugh...If he's like Cook, I want you guys to ALL WATCH JARED COOK THIS YEAR...HE PLAYS WITH GREEN BAY....

Back to the reports...bad day at practice...ok...look at the source..Vet says he sees him sulking...in a funk...not in rhythm...gotta get his timing down with Goff...Fisher not mentioning him...okay.

Trust and believe this...if Pharoh Cooper is a main target of ANY QB, he's gonna have trouble getting open vs man-to-man coverage...

We've seen Tavon...#1 option...don't know what routes he practices...probably all of them...but I know what I see during games...

Britt is our best wr....straight out...and the guys that are like him, include Brian Quick...I'll leave it like that...

Unless we're trying to get rid of weapons that work, well, we'll all get to see in 2 more weeks....Game time is Saturday vs the best secondary, hell the best defense in the NFL...they fight for every inch of turf...Live for 3 & outs...Yards don't matter huh? Check out how every yard is contested...in a supposedly "vanilla" scheme...

Damn shame if SPRUCE has to sit this one out...Funny how that works huh?

I just saw a show about Biggie & Tupac....it made me a lil sad...Can't believe Puffy is like that...

Back to that facebook interview/post/report...I don't think those guys know a thing about football..I could be wrong...Anybody believe what they report? Just asking??

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Lots of potential, but very little production. If his problems were anything but his hands, he may get picked up, dont think many teams are looking for a WR that has difficulty learning the O and catching the ball. I would have liked for Quick to make it, but if it comes down to Quick or 1 of the youngsters that is in their 1st year and outplays Quick, I would go with the youngster. IMO Duke can do anything Quick brings to the table plus catch.
He would get picked up I am sure. Size and speed. That would give a guy a good shot as a ten year roster filler if nothing else.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I wish he'd change his name to Ketchum.