Fisher, Bradford, Long(s) Pettis, Givens, Ogletree, Quinn

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher

(Opening statement)
“Well, obviously as a football team we have a lot to work out considering what’s happened in the last five days and we’re going to have to take advantage of some opportunities here throught he weekend and early next week and try to get these issues fixed, namely our inability to run the football. We had two less carries than they did at half time for no yards and that’s pretty much the issue we’re facing right now becaue everything spins off of that. I thought there were some decent thing sthat happened in the game. We had some opporutnies, but we just couldn’t capaitalize on them. Our inability to run the football and then get behind compounds it. We’ve got a lot of work to do. I’m very disappointed for our fans. I had faith in this football team that we were going to get it fixed.”

(On the Rams’ run game)
“We’re going to get it fixed. That’s all I’m going to tell you. We’ll get it fixed.”

(On the Rams’ run defense)
“He (49ers RB Frank Gore) had three big runs. Yeah, they blocked him well. I was disappointed. We had people in position, on two of the plays, to make tackles. The 49ers can run the football. They’ve always been able to run the football. We made a couple mistakes up front. Again, we’ve got work to do on that side of the ball as well. Third down, just the whole thing. Just disappointed, but we’re going to get it corrected.”

Rams QB Sam Bradford

(On how he evaluates what he saw tonight)
“Well tomorrow’s going to be a pretty tough day in the film room. We just failed to do a lot of things that are necessary in order to be efficient on offense. I think the good news is we have 10 days, 11 days until we play again and there’s going to be ample time to get that corrected. I think the frustrating thing is the past two weeks our performance, I feel like we should be playing at a much higher level than we have.”

(On how disappointing it is to have a 1-3 record)
“Very. I think everyone in this locker room is frustrated. I don’t think that any one of us thought that we would be in this position after the first quarter of the season. It’s tough, but the only way we’re going to get better is to stick together, figure out what we need to do to get better, and make sure that we work to make those things happen.”

(On why it was tough to move the football tonight)
“You know I’m not sure, to be honest. That’s something that we’re going to have to look at. Obviously, they have a good front, but last year we were able to successfully run the ball against them. It’s pretty much the same guys in the same scheme, so I think that’s something that we’re definitely going to have to take a look at. That’s something that needs to be improved.”

(On if the team is down on themselves)
“No, absolutely not. I think the greatest thing about this locker room is, for the most part, there’s not too many guys that have been down this road before. We’re a young team, we had some success last year, we’ve got a lot of rookies who it’s their first year. So I don’t think that’s the attitude at all. I think everyone understands that we have a lot of improvement to do if we want to win football games. We’re going to show up tomorrow and make sure that we try to get everything figured out that we can so that we can come back next week and perform the way we know we can.”

(On the offense’s struggles tonight)
“Yeah, it was all pretty bad tonight. It just seems like we never really found a rhythm, didn’t convert third downs, didn’t keep ourselves on the field. When you go three and out, three and out, three and out, it’s almost impossible to start a rhythm on offense. So that’s on us.”

(On if the difficulty jump starting the running game stalled the offense)
“Obviously the run game struggled, but every area of our offense struggled tonight. We’re going to have to get better in all phases of the game in order to be an efficient, productive offense. It’s not just the run game, it’s the passing game, its everything that this unit is doing right now. We’re not doing anything well.”

Rams WR Chris Givens

(On if there was a turning point during the game)
“I don’t know if I can tell you exactly when, it was just we didn’t play well at all.”

(On if the team is preparing for another losing season)
“I hope not. I really hope not. I hope everyone takes these few losses personal – take a look in the mirror and asks themselves, ‘What can I do to make this team better?’ – every single person. I feel like if we all do that and come out with that attitude in practice next week, then we’ll be fine. But we won’t be until everybody takes initiative and looks in the mirror and asks themselves, ‘What can I personally do better to help this team?’”

(On why it was difficult to move the ball)
“I really don’t know what they did specifically up front, but we just couldn’t get the running game going. That’s something that we need to work on and we will work on. We’ve just got to be patient and trust each other that things will come together.”

(On the lack of explosive plays)
“Yeah, they’re leaving the safety high and doing some things to take away the deep ball, but we’ve just got to keep working and keep being productive as an offense and really just take ownership of everything – mistakes, good plays, whatever it is and just come out with a different mentality.”

Rams WR Austin Pettis

(On the team through the first four games)
“I think we just need to go back to square one like (Head) Coach (Jeff) Fisher said and go back to starting with the basics. We haven’t reached where we thought we were going to start the season out, so we’ve just got to go back to square one and start over.”

(On if the team is still confident)
“Yeah, absolutely. We still have the same players in this room. We still have a very talented team. I think it’s just a matter of us all clicking on the same page, and I think once that day comes we’ll be a lot more consistent. But, unfortunately through the first four games, offensively we haven’t been able to click for four full quarters.”

(On if the lack of production is due to lack of talent)
“No, absolutely not – it’s not a talent thing. I think we have all the talent in the world and we know that in this locker room. And I think that feeds into our confidence, but unfortunately those two things aren’t going hand in hand with the performance right now on the offensive side. And we’re kind of putting our defense in tough positions with them being on the field a little bit more than they should be.”

(On if they need to get the running game going to open things up)
“Definitely. Obviously, you’ve got to be able to run the ball to win games. We’ve been in different scenarios throughout these first few where we’ve had to pass the ball just being behind in different scenarios. But, I’m sure when we come out and start the way we’re going to be able to play and put points on the board in the first half instead of playing from behind, we’ll be able to get all those things fixed.”

Rams T Jake Long

(On why it was so difficult to run the ball)
“I don’t know. We’ve got to get better at it. We’ve got to watch the film. When you get down by that much, you’ve got to start throwing the ball. We just weren’t good enough in any phase.”

(On the lack of offensive production)
“We’ll get better. We’ve stumbled. We’ve shot ourselves in the foot at times, but we’ve got a great group of guys. We’re not going to quit. We’re going to keep fighting. We’re going to get better. I have complete faith in this team and we’ll get it right.”

(On if the 49ers did anything schematically to surprise them)
“No, we just didn’t play good enough – period.”

Rams DE Chris Long

(On if he's thinking 'Here we go again' after two consecutive losses)
"No, you can't think like that. Listen, in the NFL you can't expect things to just magically get fixed for you. You either solve the problems that you have or nobody's going to solve them for you. We have control over that, so we're going to have to get tough in here. We're going to have to get detail-oriented, and we're going to have to hold each other accountable and make plays and dig our way out of this hole because nobody's going to do it for us."

(On if this is where leadership comes in)
"Yeah, it's leadership. It's also every man in this locker room from the top to the bottom, from a rookie to a year-10 guy. It really is. It's an exhaustive thing. You have to look at everything we're doing because when you lose like that it's not just one area. It's a lot of things that we're doing wrong. So, we need to address those things and we will."

(On how disappointing it is to be 1-3 on the season)
"It's really disappointing. Obviously, everybody in the building is disappointed. Our fans are pissed. We're pissed. Guys have worked hard. Guys have worked really hard, but so have they over there. The 49ers worked hard coming into this game, and they were in the same situation. Now we're 1-3 and they're 2-2 and it’s because one team executed and one didn't.

(On the run defense in the last two weeks)
"It's disgusting, really it’s just disgusting. It's not who we are. If we keep playing like that it'll be who we are, but we don't believe that's who we are. So, we're going to have look at things, and we're going to have to get things fixed. When you give up that many yards on the ground in the run game, it's a lot of things going wrong and we've got to fix a lot of things, but we can do it."

(On if he anticipated the way that the team performed in the last two games)
"No. There's always areas we have to improve on and we know that. Sometimes, people don't expose weakness that we might be showing. These are two good running football teams we've faces the last two weeks, so we have to solve the problems that we have or else it's going to keep happening until we stop it. We have the right people in this locker room and the right coaches to do that, but we have to do it."

Rams LB Alec Ogletree

(On being 1-3 at this point in the season)
"It's definitely not a place that we want to be at. The only thing we can do now is go back to the drawing board and just try to get better next week."

(On his emotions)
"You can't really be mad, but you definitely have to be, I guess, worried about where you're at. It's a long season. Things can change. We've got next week to get better to and try to get this thing turned around."

(On the rush defense)
"It's the little things that we're not doing, maybe not being in a gap or something like that. Like I said, it's a long season. We've still got room for improvement. We've just got to come out next week and just try to get better."

(On if the goal is still to make the playoffs)
"Yeah, it's definitely still in the cards for us. You're not out until you're out. We're going to fight every week to get to the playoffs."

Rams DE Robert Quinn

(On his emotions)
"It's definitely frustrating. No one wants to go out there and lose any game, especially by how many points we lost by today. It's frustrating, but you know it's a long season. We've got to stay focused, correct some things, and like I said, stay focused, stay together, and get this thing turned around."

(On defending the run in the last two games)
"We pride ourselves on stopping the run. The last two weeks haven't been pretty, but we just have to figure it out, see what's going wrong, and stomp that out early. We've still got a lot of games left, so we've got to figure it out fast and get this thing turned around."

(On if the loss is deflating considering the high expectations that the team has)
"Like I said, it's definitely frustrating. No one expected this. I know this team didn't expect this to start the way we started. It's a long season. All it takes is getting a win and all of a sudden you're on a roll and now the last three games everybody forgets about. So, really we've got to stick together, just take one week at a time. Like I said, once we find our swagger, we'll be alright."