Fisher beams about QB Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Sports Xchange
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1906 ... b-bradford

ap-201205161257466337243.1.jpg

In the middle of last month when the Rams had a two-day veteran minicamp, Jeff Fisher talked about the simple things that coaches look for in first practices, like just getting in and out of the huddle correctly.

After the first workout, Fisher was asked if the team had mastered the huddle. He smiled and said, "They got it down, yeah. And by the way, 8 looks pretty good in there too."

Eight, of course, is quarterback Sam Bradford, who enters his third season in the NFL, and is learning his third offensive system. There were also rumors early in the offseason that the Rams might trade Bradford and select a quarterback with the second selection in the draft.

Fisher and general manager Les Snead insisted all along that Bradford would be the team's quarterback, but persistent talk can have an impact on players. For Bradford, though, he was assured privately of what was being said publicly.

Earlier this week, Bradford told NFL Network that "pretty much from the beginning, they told me that I was their guy and that I had no reason to worry about them taking a quarterback in this draft."

As the team prepares for the opening of OTAs next week, Bradford is eager to get on the field and start working on the new offense.

"It's been great," he said at the April minicamp. "Obviously this year is much better than last year. Obviously, to be here and be able to have an offseason program and to come out here in a minicamp and get to have walkthroughs, get to have 7-on-7, things that we didn't have last year -- that really helps. The more reps you get at it, the more comfortable we become. I think it's definitely starting to pick up. There are some similarities between this offense and the offense we ran two years ago. Some of the language is the same, so it's kind of trying to go back to two years ago and trying to re-teach myself that."

Bradford also said, despite the difficulties last season, there were lessons within the gloom.

"I think obviously it was a rough year," he said. "It was a tough year, mentally and physically. But I think I learned a lot about myself, about what it takes to win in this league and just how hard it is. I'm going to try to use everything I learned last year in a way to help us win games this year."

As for what's ahead, Bradford added, "Obviously, last year was very disappointing as far as the injury, my performance. It just wasn't up to par with what I expected from myself. So there's no doubt that I'm extremely excited to get back out there this year and prove to myself and to everyone else that I can be the type of player I think I can be."

Fisher is also excited about what he has behind center.

Said Fisher after last month's minicamp, "It's his vision, release, accuracy -- it's all those things that we expected to see. He's picking things up very, very quickly. The accuracy, I think, if you have to pick one thing, it would be that. The ball's just in the right place every time."

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Is it just my imagination, or are the Rams on a similar path as Detroit? I read an interesting article on the NFL site last evening regarding Safford's ability to make all the throws and his accuracy while directing the ball through narrow windows....sound familiar?

It's anticipated that the Lions are going to have a extremely dynamic offense this year, I suspect the Rams aren't far behind. That first game in Detroit is going to be telling, two excellent defenses coupled by dynamic QB's.....good stuff. :hehe: