Fisher and Schefter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Kind of an uncomfortable few minutes there in the post game interview - but what, if any, is the fallout?

When he stops to think about it, Fisher won't be mad at Schefter - he is just doing his job. Fisher is really going to be mad at Schefter's source. Adam didn't make up his report, someone on the inside fed him that info.

Will Fisher use this an opportunity to patch some leaks?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Is there a video link anywhere of those comments by Fisher?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Sorry, but I'm lost. Haven't seen or heard of what you're alluding to. Can you give some background info?

FRO

Legend
I think Fisher may, like many of us, be upset by all the injuries and mouthed off.

iced

saw that live last night...he looked pissed but then mocked shefter

jap

Legend
I think Fisher may, like many of us, be upset by all the injuries and mouthed off.

. . . or he may be upset that some Rams' insider leaked info to the media that they shouldn't have.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have no problems with what Fisher said or the way he preformed, it was pure Fisher. I fully understand it. If I were in Fisher's shoes I would feel the same way. I may not have been as nice.

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
Stlouisrams.com this is where you can catch all of Jeff fishers post game conferences.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Schefter may also have just been guessing based on the replay too. But Fisher didn't look to amused that's for sure.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
"The QB was walking around normally in the dressing room post game" is the best thing to come out of all that.

TexRamFan

Rookie
Fisher handles these type of pressers so well IMO. I know I would have probably gone off at that point with all of the bad luck injuries going on during the game followed up by persistent pushing of the media with the same question disguised in different forms. Heck, I was short with my wife during the injury and the rest of the night cause I was so pissed. I can't imagine dealing with the media.

I found it interesting that he said he "does not want to be Schefter like" in regards to commenting on the injury. I read into that saying basically someone on the inside released the info to Schefter that the initial, manual tests showed no positive signs of an ACL tear, however whenever injuries like this occur they always use an MRI to determine if other structural injuries may have been sustained. So even though he may have passed the initial, but very vague and not 100% accurate manual ACL test, the MRI would reveal all the info. And Fish simply did not want to say "yea, his ACL is fine and he will be o.k." when in actuality there is a chance he still have some kind of significant injury.

As far as Tru goes. It does not take much to know that anytime a player rides off on a cart with his head covered in a towel to know that his season is probably over. Again, Fisher showed his experience by not jumping to conclusions and ruling him out without the MRI tests confirming so. In a way it kind of scares me he feels optimistic on both Tru & Sam. Tru's injury looked pretty rough and I see no way he returns this year. I hate to put him and Sam as having the same chances of returning because Sam's injury did not look nearly as brutal. But again, what do I know.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thanks 12, yeah he's pissed ,don't know if he's gonna investigate for leaks ,I love a little pluck with the press in a coach,they ask the same question over and over like they had a way of phrasing it that changes the answer

My guess from what Fisher said was he hyperextended his left knee.It is shitty reporting,because by all accounts The Rams are going to reexamine the injury(injuries) when they get back.That's false reporting is what he is pissed off about.The Rams never said that.They reported they were going to future examine the knee.Adam Shefty probably is right it not being the ACL.
What does a hyperextension mean(serious).I think Sam Bradford could have comeback to play if it was the regular season.
As far a JT & his question for (story)reporting has to be done.Fisher said Sam is fine,he is walking around in locker room.That seems like a good answer,but again further testing in the morning,so nothing is a 100% as of now.