Fish Pics from Costa

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's right. Forgot about you being from SLO. I graduated from Atascadero High. Up here the Great Whites are seen way too much for my tastes. We used to fish for those shovel nose sharks in the back bay of Montana De Oro.

fearsomefour

Legend
HA, yeah those are still out there. Used to go out in little floaties and mess with those things, they are cool. Im not sure if you are allowed out in those little tributaries anymore. Might be protected now.
On thing for sure I would not go swimming in the ocean at night anymore….being young, and more brave than bright. There was that swimmer that got taken out by a great white at Avila several years ago. She would go swimming with the seals at day break every morning. Im sure in a black suit. Talk about making yourself look like a slow seal.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
IMAG0272_BURST002_COVER[1].jpg
IMAG0274[1].jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@RamFan503

Those are some cool looking trout. "Spotted" I guess? I've never caught any fresh water trout... Only sea trout. Looks like you guys are having a great time. Nice.

We're at the beach this week staying in a killer house on the intercoastal... It's been cold (got down in the 50s yesterday) and very windy so my boat hasn't left our dock yet. But speaking of trout, my twins and my nephews have been catching some nice trout off the dock despite the weather. I'll try and post a pic or 2 maybe on Sunday when I'm back on my home computer ... I'm not very good on this IPad.

It's warming up now, but the wind is still kicking so we won't be going offshore. Seas are not gonna cooperate. We'll fish the inshore... Maybe catch more trout and some redfish. I'm guaranteed to catch a buzz though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Cool. Not sure what a sea trout looks like. We caught some fish off CA that some were calling sea trout but then others said they weren't. Dunno. I caught plenty of buzz last night as well. They taste great and no messy bones.:cool:

The trout in the pictures are called German Browns. They have probably the coolest markings of any trout I have fished for.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool. Not sure what a sea trout looks like.

Here's what sea trout look like. The first one is a normal sized one being held by one of my twins. The second one is a much bigger one (28"),,, not the norm, but when they get that size they're referred to as gator trout. Same fish though. My boys caught a bunch of these over the holiday weekend the size of the first one... most on artificials / lures. We had some submersible lights and big spot lights blazing off of our dock. The bait fish were swarming around the lights. They fished till 4:30am for like four days straight.

unnamed.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Huh. They really DO look like a trout. I'm assuming not related though. I don't remember the ones we were catching down south having spots.

BTW... I might have been there fishing right beside them that whole time. Albeit with a drink in hand.:cool:

had

Rookie
I'm usually working too.

How much you charging Man, I always thought those donkey shows paid well???

:wink:

Somehow I missed this infamy. But I suppose I could be mollified by the capital M on Man. Or?

Or not.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Damn, good shit! All the fish I ever caught look like guppies compared to those. I really need to go deep sea fishing, looks really fun.