Fish on the #1 pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I haven't heard or read anything Fisher or snead have said leading up to the draft. I'm not starting now. Everything that comes out of their mouths is hot air.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Regardless of who the Rams take -- my immediate knee-jerk reaction will be "they should've taken the other guy"

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think Pead and Quick may have soured them a bit on pure potential.

Hopefully.

I concur since then, they have focused on guys that have actually produced and the picks of Havenstein, Brown & Cody Wichmann showcase that philosophy. The pick will be Jared Thomas Goff...You know it, I know it and the American people know it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Goff looked relaxed eating his It's It at Rams park.
-- The thing I see in Goff is his pocket presence. He will extend a play & move the chains(not say Wentz doesn't). I was watching Case play & he does not move up & out of the pocket to get an angle during his read.
Then again Case does not have a great touch either. I like Case & the way he plays & runs the offense.he has a great cadence & feel for the offense.He is a winner , but doesn't have that It's it factor of coolness .
I think The Rams were put in a tough spot, not having a QB of the future.Case from day 1 will be starter. He is only signed though for 1 more year.
--- The Rams are doing the right thing in stock piling QB's because there is always a value there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
-Fisher loves a big arm
-Fisher hates taking chances
-Fisher values athleticism over football IQ
-Fisher values smart QB play over forcing plays with risk

These things all contradict one another and have been used to point to who the Rams will pick. I don't understand how anyone can be certain at this point.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Moving-animated-picture-of-ping-pong-tournament.gif

2 Days 7 Hours 42 Minutes 45 Seconds

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So geeked for this draft! And then again so irritated that I can't buy my next jersey yet! WTF Rams let us know aaaarrrrrgggghhh!!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So geeked for this draft! And then again so irritated that I can't buy my next jersey yet! WTF Rams let us know aaaarrrrrgggghhh!!!

I am happy for you Merlin....sure wish I was there with you this time. I find myself Bored Out Of my One Working Brain Cell with this upcoming draft:sleepz:. I have very little interest thanks to this Trade Up. My only slight interest will be on Saturday.:sadwalk:

I would think things will warm back up for me in 2018 Ram Draft. I hope the Rams can maintain some of the talent they have now to keep this Ram team from trending downward again.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Goff=safe/Wentz=risky

Fisher/Snead are risk takers when it comes to the draft, so I believe they will pick Wentz but I would prefer Goff.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am happy for you Merlin....sure wish I was there with you this time. I find myself Bored Out Of my One Working Brain Cell with this upcoming draft:sleepz:. I have very little interest thanks to this Trade Up. My only slight interest will be on Saturday.:sadwalk:

I would think things will warm back up for me in 2018 Ram Draft. I hope the Rams can maintain some of the talent they have now to keep this Ram team from trending downward again.

Cheer up brother. By the end of this week we are finally going to have a high talent QB of the future in horns. They'll have a chance to add a good receiving option, either TE or WR, in round 4. Maybe a C too. Great things ahead my friend hang in there!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Goff=safe/Wentz=risky

Fisher/Snead are risk takers when it comes to the draft, so I believe they will pick Wentz but I would prefer Goff.

I'm not sure that at the QB position and in this particular place and time they want to take "upside" #1 overall.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Goff looked relaxed eating his It's It at Rams park.
-- The thing I see in Goff is his pocket presence. He will extend a play & move the chains(not say Wentz doesn't). I was watching Case play & he does not move up & out of the pocket to get an angle during his read.

That, plus he looks off defenders. And he's a natural at it. Wentz stares down receivers too much for my liking.. reminds me of Bradford in that regard.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff=safe/Wentz=risky

Just because they've shown their willing to take a risk doesn't mean they will seek one out for the sake of taking a risk. Goff has every bit of upside wentz has

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Just because they've shown their willing to take a risk doesn't mean they will seek one out for the sake of taking a risk. Goff has every bit of upside wentz has

I agree with your take on Goff and want him picked but there is a pattern of risk taking by Fisher/Snead in drafts. Maybe trading up is the only risk they'll take this time.